+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit and SOWP Refused

canada_goos3

Oct 17, 2019
Hello. I applied for my Study Permit (Fall 2020 intake) via SDS with a SOWP for my common-law partner on February 8. On February 22, we were both refused on the following grounds:

Study: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
SOWP: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

It all seems very generic and I'm getting the impression that the VO didn't really take the time to go through the application, which I deemed rock solid. I have since requested the CAIPS notes, but it's going to take some time.

My question is, will it be worth reapplying for the study permit alone for now and applying for the SOWP when we're in Canada in a few months? We are visitor visa holders, too, so we can theoretically do that.

I welcome all input. Thanks!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello. I applied for my Study Permit (Fall 2020 intake) via SDS with a SOWP for my common-law partner on February 8. On February 22, we were both refused on the following grounds:

Study: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
SOWP: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

It all seems very generic and I'm getting the impression that the VO didn't really take the time to go through the application, which I deemed rock solid. I have since requested the CAIPS notes, but it's going to take some time.

My question is, will it be worth reapplying for the study permit alone for now and applying for the SOWP when we're in Canada in a few months? We are visitor visa holders, too, so we can theoretically do that.

Did you ever use the visit visa ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Whqt program did you apply to and what is you work and education experience?