+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students who applied with families for Fall 2020/ Winter 2021

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Applied in November first week under SDS with spouse for Winter intake. In GCKey spouse eligibility review has begun for TRV but no update on my SP application. What does this mean?
Did your SP eligibility start on the earlier date? If so, this might be good news. It might imply that they have finalized your application. My Spouse's eligibility started 20 days after mine, and after 5 days they send us OPR.

Sameeh87

Mar 13, 2017
Did your SP eligibility start on the earlier date? If so, this might be good news. It might imply that they have finalized your application. My Spouse's eligibility started 20 days after mine, and after 5 days they send us OPR.
In my GCKey nothing is changed.. But when I called the IRCC last week, the agent said your eligibility is being reviewed and background is passed.

Sameeh87

Mar 13, 2017
In my GCKey nothing is changed.. But when I called the IRCC last week, the agent said your eligibility is being reviewed and background is passed.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Since your SP is already approved, no need to provide IRCC with updated LOA via webform. If you start your program within 180 of your approved intake, you don't need to submit new application, just change DLI in your account.
Lovely, but unfortunately the next intake is September which is more than 180 days from January. In that case I need to submit completely new application?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Lovely, but unfortunately the next intake is September which is more than 180 days from January. In that case I need to submit completely new application?
No, I think you just need to get a new LOA, upload via webform and change DLI in CIC account.

• Love
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
No, I think you just need to get a new LOA, upload via webform and change DLI in CIC account.
Thank you so much for your answers my friend, but if I change my institute and get LOA from another college at the same course, can I still use my current application with the updated LOA?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you so much for your answers my friend, but if I change my institute and get LOA from another college at the same course, can I still use my current application with the updated LOA?
Once your application has been processed and approved, you can change your school to wherever you want - as long as it's an approved DLI. You can also change your program, as long as it's equal to or higher than the one you were approved for: e.g you can go from PGD to Masters, but not from Masters to PGD to Bachelors.

• Love

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Once your application has been processed and approved, you can change your school to wherever you want - as long as it's an approved DLI. You can also change your program, as long as it's equal to or higher than the one you were approved for: e.g you can go from PGD to Masters, but not from Masters to PGD to Bachelors.
Thank you so much

carolj

Feb 19, 2020
Hi I haven't recieved my BVL, applied with family, June 7th, from Qatar. Areany of you guys receiving this

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
Created this thread for students who applied with families. Let's connect here

Applied on Aug 22 for Fall Intake
Biometrics: Completed on Aug 25
Application Type: SDS with upfront medical
Program: Masters
Submitted new LOA for Winter 2021 on Aug 24

Dependents:
1. Husband - applied for an open work permit (already holding a remote job in Canada)
2. Son

Current Status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Created this thread for students who applied with families. Let's connect here

Applied on Aug 22 for Fall Intake
Biometrics: Completed on Aug 25
Application Type: SDS with upfront medical
Submitted new LOA for Winter 2021 on Aug 24

Dependents:
1. Husband - applied for an open work permit (already holding a remote job in Canada)
2. Son

Current Status: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Applied on July 15 for Fall Intake
Biometrics: Completed on July 30
Application Type: EAPP with upfront medical
Submitted new LOA for Winter 2021 on Sept

Dependents:
1. Wife-applied for an open work permit
2. Baby girl

Current Status: Sp approved .SOWP application is in progress.

• Sad

distractedcat

Dec 16, 2020
Hello, same case here; we've applied way back in March, which is 9 months now. Only got the PPR 16-Nov and got my TRV 3-Dec.

Nine (9) months and 3 Web forms and not a single update for my spouse's SOWP. Hope this at least makes someone feel better if have you've submitted more recently than March 2020 and have updates -- you are still way ahead of our application.

Applied: 25-Mar
Biometrics: did not need to provide (recent travel)
AIP: 18-Sep
Passport request: 16-Nov
Approval letter (PDF): 1-Dec
Passport received back: 3-Dec

• Sad

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
To get SOWP and child's visitor visa (my daughter is just 19 months old) what are minimum funds we have to show? I'm planning to file SDS application till 25th December and once it received my visa I can submit their application as well.

distractedcat

Dec 16, 2020
To get SOWP and child's visitor visa (my daughter is just 19 months old) what are minimum funds we have to show? I'm planning to file SDS application till 25th December and once it received my visa I can submit their application as well.
Hi -- This page says CAN$10,000 https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/direct-stream.html#toc04 and you have to wire this to the bank they'll give it to you gradually in Canada and you can't withdraw it at once.

If you are coming with family you can use this reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

So if there's three of you, it's $19,836 based on the table on the page. I believe SDS requires you to submit you family member's profiles at the same time as yours as the primary applicant (the student); I could be wrong.