Feb 19, 2020
Hi
Applied sp swop and trv for child on 4tg june
Jan 2021 intake PGD
Biometrics completed Aug 4
Indian, currently residing in Qatar.
Eligibility review not yet started
HI

I got a medical request in 1 week of sep, same time elegibilty started medical done 2 days ago
14th sep AIP recieved

Reactions: ShaUCan and robot83

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi

I am 38, applying for PGD with a 16 year gap. We showed 50000cad
Wow, you are lucky, you got the AIP with 16 years gap. Congrats again.

Are you with a scholarship or self-funded?

I have got admission for Ph.D. with 22,000 CAD funds annually. I am thinking to show 20,000CAD to apply for SP for me and SOWP for my wife. From your experience, do you think this is enough?

Thanks

ana2233

Aug 13, 2020
Hi. Good day. I have applied on 1st September 2020 to the University of Montreal for a Master's program for January 2021 intake. I would like to know from your experience that how much time do they take for giving admission decisions. Thanks.
It's hard to say how things are now, I got mine in about a month after submitting the application

Reactions: Bond 007

carolj

Feb 19, 2020
Wow, you are lucky, you got the AIP with 16 years gap. Congrats again.

Are you with a scholarship or self-funded?

I have got admission for Ph.D. with 22,000 CAD funds annually. I am thinking to show 20,000CAD to apply for SP for me and SOWP for my wife. From your experience, do you think this is enough?

Thanks
Self funded. Honestly I showed my savings balance.

CPA_3

Jun 17, 2020
Hi

I am 38, applying for PGD with a 16 year gap. We showed 50000cad
Hi @carolj - Hope you are doing well. Do you mind sharing please which stream you applied (SDS / Non SDS), from which country and how many dependents are included in your application? Thanks!

carolj

Feb 19, 2020
Hi @carolj - Hope you are doing well. Do you mind sharing please which stream you applied (SDS / Non SDS), from which country and how many dependents are included in your application? Thanks!
Hey
I applied from qatar, online, non sds for my husband and 3yr old as well

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
you as the main applicant will be the basis for both of your application approval or refusal if you apply at the same time.
IRCC only required minimum 4K CAD for your spouse and of course plus plane tickets.
When you say that, Is not adding family also reduce some chances of getting refused. If the principal applicant lands and then apply for SOWP, on what ground they can refuse SOWP and keep the family separated? Is not that is Generally a safer route? Please share your views.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
When you say that, Is not adding family also reduce some chances of getting refused. If the principal applicant lands and then apply for SOWP, on what ground they can refuse SOWP and keep the family separated? Is not that is Generally a safer route? Please share your views.
When you apply seperately, you mentioned that your spouse will live at your home country and you will go back there after your study. When you apply for a SOWP after that, officer will take a look your previous application and WILL reject the SOWP for sure, because you lied.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
When you apply seperately, you mentioned that your spouse will live at your home country and you will go back there after your study. When you apply for a SOWP after that, officer will take a look your previous application and WILL reject the SOWP for sure, because you lied.

Your assertion is incorrect. LOADS of people go this route and they get the SOWP. You will get refused if your application does not meet the requirements, not because you used your family as country ties in your initial application.

Reactions: Petita

ehvargas

Jun 27, 2017
I apply in march for fall intake
AIP in Agust 18 along with my daughter.
I have two daughters: one is Canadian Citezen and the youngest is Colombian.
My wife applied for open work permit still waiting.
I am already studying online at fleming college. My children are also studying secondary and primary school online @ home learning (Lindsay, ontario).
We are in Colombia.

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Your assertion is incorrect. LOADS of people go this route and they get the SOWP. You will get refused if your application does not meet the requirements, not because you used your family as country ties in your initial application.
Hey wonderbly, thanks for your comments. From your experience, which one do you say is better, applying together or separately?

Thanks

jajamom

Aug 30, 2020
I apply in march for fall intake
AIP in Agust 18 along with my daughter.
I have two daughters: one is Canadian Citezen and the youngest is Colombian.
My wife applied for open work permit still waiting.
I am already studying online at fleming college. My children are also studying secondary and primary school online @ home learning (Lindsay, ontario).
We are in Colombia.
Hi! How did you happen to enroll your kids for online classes. My husband and 2 kids also got their first stage approval last Aug. 4. My husband's online classes is now on going in Lambton College Toronto. I am just curios about the kids enrolment because I dont have any idea how to enrol them for distancee learning that's why they are currently enrolled now at least hopefully for this term only, hoping that we'll have final approval soon and will be able to enter Canada.Thank you.

ehvargas

Jun 27, 2017
Hi! How did you happen to enroll your kids for online classes. My husband and 2 kids also got their first stage approval last Aug. 4. My husband's online classes is now on going in Lambton College Toronto. I am just curios about the kids enrolment because I dont have any idea how to enrol them for distancee learning that's why they are currently enrolled now at least hopefully for this term only, hoping that we'll have final approval soon and will be able to enter Canada.Thank you.
I just contacted the schools in the area and I explained the situation, so they allow my daughters to be redistered.

Reactions: jajamom