+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Hi All,

I am happy I found this page. Please don't take it the wrong way but I am a little relieved I found people in the same situation as me. I am also waiting.

I first applied 3rd May 2019 but was denied on the 13th June 2019. The reason I was given was based on Purpose of visit. I applied for CGMS notes and it read: "Her purpose of study appears vague and poorly documented". I then re-applied on the 22nd of July. I am still waiting.

My disappointment was that I had visited Canada thrice in the past. In fact, I was on my 4th visit to Canada (to return to my country the next day 14th of June) when I received the denial. I never expected I would be denied. The irony was even that I had just I re-applied for my third visitors visa in March 2019 and it was renewed till April 2024. So, now I have a visitors visa but no study permit-very frustrating.

Another confusion is that I have already enrolled for classes-I did so during my last visit in June to Canada. Unfortunately when I contacted my school about possible deferral, I was told University of Ottawa does not defer admissions. I would need to reject this admission and re-apply for admission if I don't start this September.

CIC this is not fair.

Last edited:

Suhwayla

Aug 29, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a silent reader here and has gone through hard time waiting for visa result, Finally, got approved today for Sep intake.
My Timeline:
Applied: 14 Aug
Biometrics: 20 Aug
Medical: 27 Aug
PPR: 9 Sep
My classes have already started. So, I hope that I don't have any issue with customs when I arrive at Canada.

Good luck for all of you!
congratulations, can u please share your SOP with me If that's possible ahlaamhamid58@gmail.com
I got refusal so I want to reapply.

Sukhverma

Aug 30, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a silent reader here and has gone through hard time waiting for visa result, Finally, got approved today for Sep intake.
My Timeline:
My classes have already started. So, I hope that I don't have any issue with customs when I arrive at Canada.

SDS or Non SDS ?
Nd congratulations dear

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Congra
Hello all,

My Timeline:

Congrats

Shivajinamburu

Jul 4, 2019
Hello all i m shivaji and i applied for my canada canada study permit on 28th june but still i didn't get my visa.Here is my timeline
Applied -28th jun
Biometrics - 2 july
Medicals - 10 th july passed
And from then its under background verification till now and its still in there.Its around 69 days .
My classes started already on sep 4
Will it have any effect on my visa and how many days it will take ?

Shivajinamburu

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone...I am glad to share with you guys that I finally received passport request on august 30th. Submitted passport for stamping yesterday at vfs delhi.

My timeline is as follows:

25th june : Applied online ( SDS category )
27th june : Got letter for biometric enrolment
2nd july : Gave biometrics ( They got updated the same day )
16th july : Medical updated
17th july : Ghost update 1
22nd july : Biometric tab got updated as " July 2, Biometrics completed"
Then until 21st august no updates were there. In between i sent 4 webforms, got response only once on 21st august. The message said that they have looked into my query and they have notified concerned office. And on 21st itself, my eligibility review started.
27th august : Ghost update 2
30th august : Around 7:30 pm received correspondence letter..then after a few seconds received original passport request.

My file was processed in CPC Edmonton

Those who are waiting, please don't loose hope. I will pray for all of you. This wait was agonising, but in the end it was fruitful.
How do u know its its processed in edmonton and what is ghost update ?

Sep 1, 2019
Hello everyone
Finally got the PPR today
Applied : 27th June
Medical passed : 16th July
Biometric : 1st July
Today at around 7:22 Pm got the visa
Got both biometric corresponding letter and passport request today !
This site helped me a lot , I was too tensed and thank u !! May god bless all the people who are waiting for the visa ! All the best

sprabh91

Mar 4, 2019
has anyone filed a complaint with the IRCC regarding processing times? Not the webform, an official complaint. Could that help speed up the process?

dishamalik

Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone
Finally got the PPR today
Applied : 27th June
Medical passed : 16th July
Biometric : 1st July
Today at around 7:22 Pm got the visa
Got both biometric corresponding letter and passport request today !
This site helped me a lot , I was too tensed and thank u !! May god bless all the people who are waiting for the visa ! All the best
Congratulations!

SDS?
Was your application processed in CPC Edmonton?