+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

bennetteleven

Jul 21, 2019
For those who got their visa already, how much did you show on your bank statements? What's your yearly tuition fee?

I applied showing that my sponsor has 60k CAD and school fee per year is 20k CAD, will live with families there. But got rejected for financial status
Hello

Sorry about your rejection. But I see what might have gone wrong.
Firstly, how is your sponsor related to you? Anyone can be a sponsor and provide financial documents. If your sponsor if not a sibling or parent, then I suggest you must have the sponsor pay at least a semester of tuition fees (I will prefer a full year of tuition fees though).

Then you say you will stay with family, did they provide a letter saying they will host you and show documents about their housing status?

bennetteleven

Jul 21, 2019
Hi Guys!
I gave my upfront medical on 19th April and received an additional information request on 8th May. I was advised to an additional test whose reports take 8 weeks time to be declared. After the reports came out to be normal,I applied on 16th July SDS online. I gave my biometrics on 25July(earliest appointment available).
My biometrics got updated on 25th July itself, but haven't received any communication from them since. Its now more than 4 weeks and more than 20 days from biometrics and its really stressing me out.
I had a temporary stay already booked in canada and flights as well for 22nd August as orientation is on 26th August. My course begins from 3rd September.
I was suggested by VFS employees to send them a mail and fill the web form attaching my tickets. So I did the same on 7th August 2019.

I made a call to IRCC yesterday(15 august) and they told me that my file is still under processing. They told me that they have attached a note to my file and CPC Edmonton will reply back to the note within 3 days.

Details and Profile

University:Fall Term 2019 - University of Alberta
Course: MSc Computer Science.
IELTS : 7.5 no band under 7.
College CGPA :7.7
2.5 years work Ex. - Bankof New York.
1 year Internship - Google.
Graduation: BE/BTech.

Any Suggestions on how to expedite my application?

University of Alberta, mee too

Your profile looks good and if your financials are good, you should have your positive response soon (in my opinion).

studypermitguy

Jul 26, 2019
Guys I submitted my passport yesterday at VFS Kathmandu along with the passport request letter. I did not submit the biometrics correspondence letter along with it. would that be an issue?

Cyn

Aug 20, 2019
Hiee guys,
I have applied submitted my application on the 17th and the biometrics was done and updated on the 19th July, post tat medicals updated on the 12th July, from then no reply at all... I have applied under sds as my class starts on the 3rd Sept 2019... my application is along with my spouse open work permit..

Has anyone applied with spouse open work permit and have received the visa???

M really worried, when can I expect reply?? Its already crossed the time limit..

Hello12

Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys,

Today I got my PPR

Applied : 23 July (online SDS)
Biometric: 26 July

Just posting to keep everyone updated.. I hope everyone will get there visa soon.
Congratulations mate, when did the medical get updated? Can you share the complete timeline.