+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Pl. calculate your application status from biometric date 15th July.
Hey- I gave my biometrics June 25th so it's already been a month+ a week for me. My biometrics reflected as complete on July 24th. Do you know what the approximate timeline of processing is like with this?

Gurmanuppal

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hllo everyone
Today i have got my visa after two time refusal
My timeline was
Sds online
Application applied- 6th july
Biomatrix done on 21 February during previous attempt
Medical update-23 july
Biomatrix correspondence latter-24th july
Passport request-31st july
But my consultant submitted my passport ealier as he got some mail soo my visa was garnted today and i get to known by this thing today
All the best to you all, hope we meet in canada soon

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone know what eligibity review is? I recieved an update on my account saying that 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements'

Applied July 3rd non-sds

Saranya96

Feb 19, 2019
Hllo everyone
My timeline was
Sds online
Medical update-23 july
But my consultant submitted my passport ealier as he got some mail soo my visa was garnted today and i get to known by this thing today
Congrats

Reactions: Gurmanuppal

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Hllo everyone
My timeline was
Sds online
Medical update-23 july
Congrats Bro

Reactions: Gurmanuppal

akashambadas

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Navi Mumbai
App. Filed.......
16-07-2019
Tried this because I'm using Google Chrome but it didn't work :( I also tried another browser and same thing...I guess it will sort itself out in some time?
Thought I was the only one having this problem! I'm guessing their website is down then. I also tried all of these things but none of them worked
Yeah..it keeps on redirecting. Maybe some glitch on their end.
It actually happens to almost every user you can try restarting the browser and clearing caches. Might have to do this 2-3 times.
Thats what i do to login

katocr88

Jun 22, 2019
bro i say this on other forum, posted by user @backendcode,
what is your education background? maybe a strong sop might help

Hi all, SOP plays an important role! Let me explain to you guy why SOP is very very important regardless of how strong your case is. As a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, I also work with an ex immigration officer who was a Visa officer for 35 years with IRCC and I am sharing my experience with you guys.
Everyone wonders what happen when they submit their student visa application, right? So here is my explanation to the situation

First of all, student visa application comes under TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) category which means when an officer is going to make a decision, he or she is going to consider the following factors.

1. Purpose of visit
2. Educational credentials and IELTS
3. Financial assets
4. Ties to home country
5. Ties to Canada etc

You will be wondering why an immigration officer wants to consider ties to the home country while making a decision on student visa application, even though those immigration officers aware that these students will get a work permit and then eventually apply for PR, right?

The reason why because they still want to make sure in case if this student won't be able to get his/her PR for whatever reason, will student return back to the home country or no? otherwise, student's overstay will be a burden on Canada's economy because they will need more law enforcement officers to find those over stayed people, make sense?

if I would be at your position, my next question will be, do an immigration officer check or read SOP?

The answer is NOO, they don't read the SOP all the time. but they will read in a certain situation which I am going to explain.

When an officer, picks up a file, they will look into Educational credentials, IELTS score, course relevancy, financial assets, etc. and if everything looks good and a student is bona fide, an officer will make approval based on those documents and won't even look at the SOP.

In the following situation, an officer will look into SOP

Let's say an officer picks up a file, where a student got 52 % marks who studied Science in grade 12 and start working for 4 years and now this student wants to go to Canada and study business. If an officer is not convinced by these supporting documents and doesn't believe that this person is a bona fide student means he is not a genuine student, then he or she will read the SOP in this situation and a good detailed SOP may convince him to get you an approval.

Long story short, an officer usually read SOP when they are not sure if they are going to approve a visa based on the provided documents with the application. So, a good detailed SOP can increase the chances to get you a VISA in case officer is not convinced by the supporting documents.

I always write detailed SOP for my clients because SOP is a great way to backup your application to avoid the refusal.

Thank you,

This very nice information you have shared.

Reactions: akashambadas

akashambadas

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Navi Mumbai
App. Filed.......
16-07-2019
Hello guys !!!
I have applied my student visa (sept 2019) under sds on : 18 th july
Biometric given/updated
: 20 th july
Still waiting for any updates!!!
Is there anyone with me Frds ?
Yeah similar timeline, submitted on 16th, bio given/updated 22nd, upfront medical with no update, sds mumbai