+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

rabanos

May 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I got the visa approved! To God all the Glory!!!!
I'm from Latin America, so my application centre is in Mexico. The processing time in the CIC page is 5 weeks.
My application included the TRV for my husband and 2 children:

Here is my timeline:

22/may: online application
23/may: biometrics requested (just for my husband and me, children under 14 years-old are not required)
28/may: biometrics submitted
17/jun: medical exam requested (just for me)
18/jun: got refusal letter for the application of my husband and kids (that was horrible!!!). My application was still in process
26/jun: medical exam passed
28/jun: correspondence letter for biometrics recieved
28/jun: passport request letter recieved, changed the status on final decision to approved (5 weeks +2 days!)

The advice of our consultant was to finished my process, hoping for the approval. With that (the approval) start once again the application of my husband and kids but solving some mistakes that we did in the first application.

We won a fight (1 of 4) but we keep in the battle till we get the other visas.
Keep praying, God always answer in the right time.
Best to all.

DevalP&9898

Jul 2, 2019
Hello, My case seems similar.
I have applied for student Visa in general category on 28th May.
Received acknowledgement letter on 11th June .
Cleared medical test on 18th June
No further updates yet.
What can be done?
?

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hello everyone, I got the visa approved! To God all the Glory!!!!
I'm from Latin America, so my application centre is in Mexico. The processing time in the CIC page is 5 weeks.
My application included the TRV for my husband and 2 children:

Here is my timeline:

22/may: online application
23/may: biometrics requested (just for my husband and me, children under 14 years-old are not required)
28/may: biometrics submitted
17/jun: medical exam requested (just for me)
18/jun: got refusal letter for the application of my husband and kids (that was horrible!!!). My application was still in process
26/jun: medical exam passed
28/jun: correspondence letter for biometrics recieved
28/jun: passport request letter recieved, changed the status on final decision to approved (5 weeks +2 days!)

The advice of our consultant was to finished my process, hoping for the approval. With that (the approval) start once again the application of my husband and kids but solving some mistakes that we did in the first application.

We won a fight (1 of 4) but we keep in the battle till we get the other visas.
Keep praying, God always answer in the right time.
Best to all.
Congrats on the approval! Did your husband apply for an OWP or just the TRV? We were told that because my husband applied for an OWP that both of our applications would be approved or denied together. Wondering if this is actually true.

Reactions: rabanos

seema07

Jun 28, 2019
Hello, My case seems similar.
I have applied for student Visa in general category on 28th May.
Received acknowledgement letter on 11th June .
Cleared medical test on 18th June
No further updates yet.
What can be done?
?
please inform here..... if u receive any update from CIC ..... hope u will get approval soon

Dec 30, 2015
Hello everyone!
I have been following this thread from many days and felt really helpful. I really appreciate the members for their positivity and the help they are offering to each other. Coming to my case,

Application Type: Online SDS
Medicals Upfront: June 13th
Application submission date: June 15th
Bio-metrics Instruction Letter received: June 16th
Bio-metrics given: June 19th
Bio-metrics Updated in GC Key: June 19th (same day)
From then, I did not received any further update neither to my email nor in the GC Key account.
Here is the screenshot of my application status. I think there is no change noticed from the beginning of the application submission. Referring to the application status provided below, kindly let me know if any changes are done in my application status.
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

# I could see many applicants applied under Online SDS are mentioning about the visa offices where their applications are reviewing. How could I able to know my Visa Centre? In the Web Form also it is asking for the Visa Office.
With whom my file is with? New Delhi, Chandigarh, Bengaluru (Bangalore)?
Thank you very much for your answers. :)

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hello everyone!
I have been following this thread from many days and felt really helpful. I really appreciate the members for their positivity and the help they are offering to each other. Coming to my case,

From then, I did not received any further update neither to my email nor in the GC Key account.
Here is the screenshot of my application status. I think there is no change noticed from the beginning of the application submission. Referring to the application status provided below, kindly let me know if any changes are done in my application status.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

# I could see many applicants applied under Online SDS are mentioning about the visa offices where their applications are reviewing. How could I able to know my Visa Centre? In the Web Form also it is asking for the Visa Office.
My status is exactly the same as yours. I gave bio on 18th, however. I am also kinda worried because it has been two weeks and we have got nothing till now, not even an update.

anmolgagneja

May 28, 2019
Hello everyone!

Use CSE general to enquire about the Visa Office processing your application. You should receive a response in about one week.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx