+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

000820meet

Apr 25, 2019
I filed online SDS on June 14, gave bio on 18(updated overnight) and no update till now? I haven't received any mail or update from cic. Even medical has not been updated. Review of eligibility has not yet started. No acknowledgement letter.
I am kinda worried. Only background check is under process. Does background check complete first and then everything starts? Is my background check taking this much time?

How do you known that your background checking is been started

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello! Congratulations! I'm from Sri lanka. I applied for study permit while my husband applied for open work permit.

Applied on 6th of June (online)
Gave biometrics on 13th of June
Upfront medical

Still no updates!
Hi I also wanted to apply with my husband, but here in the forum people said it would lead to rejections due to lack of family ties. What is ur course and university? How much funds did u show for yourself and the husband? And could you please share the documents you attached for the husband. Thanks. I am applying for his open work permit now

Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Did you say that you had taken an upfront medical examination in the questionnaire (that generates the document checklist)?
I applied online and there wasn't any section to upload proof of medical exam so I didn't upload the eMedical tracking sheet too.
I sent both the IRCC office in Canada as well as the New Delhi High Comission my eMedical tracking sheet through the webform about 10 days ago.
Thank you for your response. No there wasn't an option to upload medical even thought I mentioned yes on the questionnaire. I sent my emedical sheet through the webform on 29th June. How did you mail New Delhi HIGH commission? Is there an email ID?
I am really worried.

anmolgagneja

May 28, 2019
Thank you for your response. No there wasn't an option to upload medical even thought I mentioned yes on the questionnaire. I sent my emedical sheet through the webform on 29th June. How did you mail New Delhi HIGH commission? Is there an email ID?
I am really worried.

Submission through webform should be sufficient. But are you sure your file is at the New Delhi Visa office? There are Visa offices in Chandigarh and Bangalore as well.
Anyway, the email address you should write to (if you wish so), is DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Don't forget to include your UCI, Application Number, First Name and Last Name in any email you write to them.

Reactions: Sarthak7295

Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey Mayank,

You are right, there is no more a field to upload eMedical tracking sheet. (It used to be there earlier, I checked before I actually took the upfront medical exam). I was confused myself but I ended up submitting the application without medical tracking sheet assuming IRCC just upgraded their system and that they could easily fetch my medical results using my nationality and passport number (both of which are unique to me, are there in the emedical system, and IRCC obviously has them).

I was wrong. Few days after submission, I received a medical instruction letter. (at least 3 others in this very thread faced the same issue). The hospital told me to talk to the embassy as they could not do the medical again because the old one was valid for an year. I have been writing webforms since then and it's now more than 30 days since the medical request and the issue still hasn't been fixed.

I suggest you to take the paper route and attach the emedical tracking sheet . Many students have reported it to be infact faster than the online application. All the best!
I think I am in the same boat too. Got medical request even thought medical done upfront. Submitted by emedical through the webform on 29th June

Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Submission through webform should be sufficient. But are you sure your file is at the New Delhi Visa office? There are Visa offices in Chandigarh and Bangalore as well.
Anyway, the email address you should write to (if you wish so), is DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Don't forget to include your UCI, Application Number, First Name and Last Name in any email you write to them.
Thank you. Yes I guess it's the New Delhi immigration as the acknowledgement letters are sent by them.

seema07

Jun 28, 2019
General or non-SDS is quite slow when compared to SDS. The average processing time for non-SDS applications is 4 week as of now. 4 weeks doesn't include the time it takes to complete biometrics formality. Since you submitted biometrics on 19th June, you should wait patiently till 19th July.
Hey thank u so much for response its really helpful. Will keep my

chillshaurya23

May 29, 2019
I'm from India, applying for study permit through SDS for undergrad in Canada. What has to be included under "Recent Educational Transcripts". Thanks!!