+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

ndubey04

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have applied for SDS online on 3rd June. I already have work visa from my current organisation, however I never traveled with the work visa and not holding the work permit letter associated with it. I have also resigned from my current organisation, so the closed work visa will be invalidated anyway. What are the chances for me to get my study visa approved?

Also, I already got my medical and biometrics done at the time of work visa application. So currently my application status says 'We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.' By when I can here the next update from IRCC?

I have already given all the justifications and the resignation letter copy in my SOP. Please advise.

Sukhwinder31

May 26, 2019
Applied 27 th march
Biometrics letter Received 10th april
Biometrics done 15th april
Medical passed last monday
Till now update for outcome

narayanjha65

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have applied for SDS online on 3rd June. I already have work visa from my current organisation, however I never traveled with the work visa and not holding the work permit letter associated with it. I have also resigned from my current organisation, so the closed work visa will be invalidated anyway. What are the chances for me to get my study visa approved?

Also, I already got my medical and biometrics done at the time of work visa application. So currently my application status says 'We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.' By when I can here the next update from IRCC?

I have already given all the justifications and the resignation letter copy in my SOP. Please advise.
as ircc is processing your application,you will get result soon.
best of luck

Reactions: Evankc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

So you were in Canada on a closed work permit but have applied for a student permit? It is always harder to apply from Canada because you have to prove that you won't remain in Canada after your studies.

ndubey04

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
So you were in Canada on a closed work permit but have applied for a student permit? It is always harder to apply from Canada because you have to prove that you won't remain in Canada after your studies.
No. I have never been to Canada. The work visa I received in May month only. But I am more focused towards higher education. I am in India only and resigned from the company

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. I have never been to Canada. The work visa I received in May month only. But I am more focused towards higher education. I am in India only and resigned from the company
Ok. Hard to say. The work visa shows that you are determined to go to Canada but that is only one factor out of many.