Dec 13, 2018
Hi, applying from Hong Kong here

Online application non-sds: 18 Apr
Biometric request: 19 Apr
Biometric done: 30 Apr
Medical request: 15 May
Medical pass: 22 May
No updates since then. Background check, eligibility review in progress

According to the processing time in hong kong, it should take around 5 weeks. I want to know when does this 5 weeks starts? From the time I submit application? And I want to know if it is a refusal, normally when will I expect that (so that I would arrange time to do a new application). Thanks!
Your chance of getting visa approve is 90 percent . Just hold on for them to send you biomentric Validity correspondence letter and after that they will send you for your passport request and updated you visa approve ....

Caribbean Girl

May 17, 2019
No it won't take 28 days, for me I sent web form enquiry on May 13 and got reply on May 20 (1 week). Again I sent one more web form enquiry on this Tuesday (May 28) waiting for reply. I don't know why IRCC Jamaica takes so long...hope for the best.
A Jamaican to in the house kool!!! Its a good feeling to know someone else from the land of paradise is here. I did my biometics the same place and nothing. Does your application tracking says no record found? I sent my webform on the 28th of May but it just gave me the general message that it takes 28days to reply so maybe the will reply in June in the 7days bracket as yours.. I wont lie the wait is horrible, I honestly didn't think it would take this long. You will receive your response before me. Hopefully we will hear something before June 15.

Which school did you get into. I'm going to Centennial College.

Reactions: bjanarthanan

$ukhr@j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hey. I got refusal stating that I dont have an unconditional offer but my university doesnt issue LOA twice and second that I won’t come back. So I had to reapply!
Whats up with you by the way?
What
My visa got refused:(

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment,
language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you
will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

I will reply..my consultant has requested for ATIP , will wait for notes and fix my issue. I will not give up. I genuinely want to study :(.
I also got refusal with the same reason and going to reapply for september intake in montreal cubec.

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Guys I need suggestions. My fiance got PR for Canada, we are now planing to get married in November. However my study permit has been refused recently. Will this impact my spousal visa which I will apply after we get married in November. This will take place in India.

bjanarthanan

May 16, 2019
A Jamaican to in the house kool!!! Its a good feeling to know someone else from the land of paradise is here. I did my biometics the same place and nothing. Does your application tracking says no record found? I sent my webform on the 28th of May but it just gave me the general message that it takes 28days to reply so maybe the will reply in June in the 7days bracket as yours.. I wont lie the wait is horrible, I honestly didn't think it would take this long. You will receive your response before me. Hopefully we will hear something before June 15.

Which school did you get into. I'm going to Centennial College.
I feel the same as well. I did my application online on April 2 and received bio metric collection letter on the very next day (Apr 3). I did my bio metric on Apr 9 at Kingston VFS. Bio metric info updated to my online AC on Apr 26. Since then no updates. 60 days passed already i am very much worried.

So far i sent two web form enquiries out of that i got one reply saying that

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised your application is still at the High Commission of Canada under consideration.

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

We trust that you’ll find this information useful."

I am going to St John, New Brunswick. NBCC (New Brunswick Community College) for fall intake (Sep 2019). It's too hard for me passing everyday without an update. I can understand your feelings as well. All i can say hope for the best.

All the very best to all the friends in this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caribbean Girl

Kaler Jaspreet S

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
hello every body,
please comment:I got refusal on 4th may with reason:your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications,level of establishment ,previous studies or academic records.
with help of a consultant i had prepared a better sop indicating additional certification in economics-88% and statistics-98% by online study of alisons ,visa supporting letter from brock university-mba-isp that my qualifications,interviews were adequate for admission including my last two years engg.degree had 60%.
for level of establishment-indicated in sop only son of my parents having assets of one crore rupees and regular income to my parents of nine lacks per annul fom pension and fds and i have submitted all my experience/offer letter with last salary sleep of both India and gulf.consultant is confidence that i will get through but as once refused i am still stressed,please comment
i applied on 24 th may ircc site says all clear except eligibility check and background check in progress as this is re-apply.please help
Trust on GOD....This time you are surely going to get your visa...

Kaler Jaspreet S

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent reader of all the post in this group and really appreciative of all the shared information, experiences and support system. All the information posted has helped me tremendously in understanding the process as well as coping with the stress associated during the waiting period. Hence, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who have helped me through this journey, unknowingly, and keeping me composed.

That being said, I would like to give you a brief about my case. I applied for study permit after 20 years of education gap for a post-grad program. According to consultants in India, I don't have a chance of getting approved and hence I shouldn't even try applying.

Not agreeing to their thought process, I did proceed with the application and as destiny would have it, I received my approval last night. So for those in a similar situation who are losing hope, I wanted to write this post mainly to request them not to lose faith and proceed with their dream. Have faith in yourself, be truthful with your thoughts and head for your goals!

Having said that, my timeline is as under:

Medical: Upfront before application
17th April: Application - Online General Category
24th April: Biometrics
1st May: 1st Acknowledgement Letter
15th May: 2nd Acknowledgement Letter
28th May: Medical Passed
29th May: Biometric Validity Letter from CPC - Ottawa
30th May: Passport Submission Request

Hope my post helps and inspires someone the way this thread helped me! Pass it on!

Good luck to everyone and thank you to all!
Hi,,,You are indeed a ray of hope for people with long education gap like me...

cohen1992

Jan 14, 2018
I submitted application on 20th May, Biometrics done on 22nd May (updated online same day), medical upfront.

I have no updates after that day. I know it has only been few working days, but considering its 3 weeks timeline an update should come soon.

Am I looking towards a refusal? No medical pass or anything? Its really started to bother me now.

Reactions: Kaler Jaspreet S

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
I submitted application on 20th May, Biometrics done on 22nd May (updated online same day), medical upfront.

I have no updates after that day. I know it has only been few working days, but considering its 3 weeks timeline an update should come soon.

Am I looking towards a refusal? No medical pass or anything? Its really started to bother me now.

It don't need to bother you untill you heard from them ... give them more time at least 2weeks more

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Guys I need suggestions. My fiance got PR for Canada, we are now planing to get married in November. However my study permit has been refused recently. Will this impact my spousal visa which I will apply after we get married in November. This will take place in India.
Guys plz help