+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Sukh007

Aug 10, 2019
Hello
SDS online
Applied on 19th july
Biometrics-24th july(Updated on same date)
Original passport request 16th Aug
Thank you everyone and all the best

Reactions: Msbrar

Joy68

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Okey. Entered Canada yesterday through Vancouver. No questions asked by immigration officer. After answering a he questions in automated kiosks, with photo and fingerprint verification, you take the receipt printout and straight go to the study permit issue area. They ask for your passport, give you a token number and after 10 minutes an officer calls your number and hands over the study permit. I guess everything about the student is updated in their system. Very fast and automated process. My main reason for this post here is that do not get worked up if the Port of Entry correspondence mail is not received by anybody. Its all updated in the system. Also not finance proof etc were asked. There were at least 15 people before me and the queue was cleared at a fast speed.

Joy68

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Under GC Key, both Biometrics validity letter and port of entry letter is referred to as correspondence letter.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello All!

This post is for people whom processing time has exceeded the average processing time and they still haven't received any reply.
I have applied on 14th June (non SDS) and they still have not told me the status of my application.
Since my classes have already started, I have filled 2 webforms and emails (1 per week). but no response.
I have also tried to contact them at the canada number shared by brother @VaishOptimistic but they tell that I can not call them from India, it is only for Canada. Also tried calling Delhi Immigration but in vain.

As a result, I took to twitter in the hope that someone might see my situation. But the response I got was the same "please contact via webform".

Nevertheless, I have been urging them for a method to contact the embassy.
If you guys (whose application time has exceeded average processing time) help me retweet this ( https://twitter.com/hemanshu1992/status/1162239274177007616?s=20 ) , we might be able to bring some attention to the VOs.
You can just retweet and put your own comments including your timeline.

I know patience is a virtue and I genuinely hope that we all get PPR without any delay, but I also believe we should do our part.
If you are willing to take the efforts to support me, please go the tweet and either retweet, comment or like.
If you do not want to, it is absolutely ok. Just do not discourage others.
**It is not a complaint to the embassy, rather the only last method I could find to bring attention of VOs to the applications which are on hold.**

Thanks.

If that was the case trust me , IRCC would be doing wonders.

Sadly there are thousands of applications received and limited number of personnel.

Also the peak time before semester starts doesn’t help either.

Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do rather than wait.

As long as you sent a webform query or case specific enquiry, you will be responded.

Reactions: HimanshuKatariya

Anmo1_singh

Dec 31, 2018
Okey. Entered Canada yesterday through Vancouver. No questions asked by immigration officer. After answering a he questions in automated kiosks, with photo and fingerprint verification, you take the receipt printout and straight go to the study permit issue area. They ask for your passport, give you a token number and after 10 minutes an officer calls your number and hands over the study permit. I guess everything about the student is updated in their system. Very fast and automated process. My main reason for this post here is that do not get worked up if the Port of Entry correspondence mail is not received by anybody. Its all updated in the system. Also not finance proof etc were asked. There were at least 15 people before me and the queue was cleared at a fast speed.
Which college?

HBhola05

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
I applied online under SDS on 26July and bio updated on 29July.
Medical passed on 12Aug
So by when should I get my decision?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied online under SDS on 26July and bio updated on 29July.
Medical passed on 12Aug
So by when should I get my decision?
A weeks time.
Might take longer, depends on your application and if secondary review is required.