JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi Everyone!

I applied for study permit last week and my background check said:

Background check
  • Not applicable.
but now it is showing as:

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Did you all see this or is it just me?
I personally did not see it maybe they first thought background check was not necessary in your case and then realized their mistake.

Last edited:

_bash12

Jul 22, 2019
Nah,there are plenty of people here who are waiting for more than 40 days even though they applied through sds.I don't know how the embassy works some people how applied in May and june are still waiting and some who applied in july got their visas .I applied 20th june and submitted biometrics on 24th june I am still waiting my intake is september Don't even know if I will make it in time.
Oh okay, but CIC claimed that their standard processing time is 20 calendar days after biometrics for SDS applicants. I was also wondering if these delayed applications were made to process under Non SDS way due to missing something from the criteria of SDS (in my case: TOEFL instead of IELTS.)

The wait is horrible. I hope you get yours soon.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Oh! I was so worried. I thought it is only for me and not a normal thing.
Thanks, I am so relieved now.
No,it's
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
It is a routine thing they do with all applications right?

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Oh okay, but CIC claimed that their standard processing time is 20 calendar days after biometrics for SDS applicants. I was also wondering if these delayed applications were made to process under Non SDS way due to missing something from the criteria of SDS (in my case: TOEFL instead of IELTS.)

The wait is horrible. I hope you get yours soon.
Nope,I am eligible for sds also plenty of other people with excellent profile are waiting for more than 30 days.

Reactions: _bash12

_bash12

Jul 22, 2019
Nope,I am eligible for sds also plenty of other people with excellent profile are waiting for more than 30 days.
Okay, that's a bit of relief to know that there are others having the same problem.
Does longer wait time has any correlation with a higher chance of rejection?

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Okay, that's a bit of relief to know that there are others having the same problem.
Does longer wait time has any correlation with a higher chance of rejection?
Nope,I don't think so.logically if embassy has to reject an applicant they would do it early but then again study visas are hard to predict.I don't see any correlation of longer wait time with rejection.

_bash12

Jul 22, 2019
Nope,I don't think so.logically if embassy has to reject an applicant they would do it early but then again study visas are hard to predict.I don't see any correlation of longer wait time with rejection.
This makes sense, but reading the forum and observing CIC, they are hard to predict as you said.
Also, I just read a person's comment that he got his Visa approved after 51 days, SDS.
Doesn't make any sense, If that's the case for me, I might not make it in time.

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
This makes sense, but reading the forum and observing CIC, they are hard to predict as you said.
Also, I just read a person's comment that he got his Visa approved after 51 days, SDS.
Doesn't make any sense, If that's the case for me, I might not make it in time.
september intake?.I am also worried if I will be able to make it in time visa processing should not take 60-70 days when processing time clearly mentioned 20 days.

Reactions: Msbrar and _bash12

_bash12

Jul 22, 2019
september intake?.I am also worried if I will be able to make it in time visa processing should not take 60-70 days when processing time clearly mentioned 20 days.
Yes September intake. I hope it doesn't come to the worst possible case.
Good luck and thanks for clearing my doubts!