Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
I have appiled visa on 7 june (Non SDS)
Biometric date - 11june
Updated biometric on 11 june
Student Acknowledgement letter on 21june
Still waiting for any other update
Similar. Applied on 27th May university category, biometrics on 31st May. Acknowledgement on 10th June. They are reviewing eligibility.

Reactions: 000820meet

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hello
I am from Zambia, I applied on the 3rd May but still have not gotten any correspondence. I got my biometrics done 24th April but was not asked to do medicals. This is June and I still haven’t received any news. I am starting school in the September intake. Pls help as to why the delay because my county’s processing time is 5 weeks but this is nearly 7 weeks and no response from IRCC
When did they start your eligibility review? I applied May 14th and it took them 2 weeks to start the review. My country is showing processing is 4 weeks, but we've been waiting 6 weeks total now. I think the processing time is from when they start to review your file. But they also say processing times are for 80% of the applications, not 100%.

Spoonzio

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
what is the processing time based on? Country of citizenship, country of residence, or country of submission?

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
what is the processing time based on? Country of citizenship, country of residence, or country of submission?
It's based on the country of submission or wherever your application gets sent to (if there is not a Canadian embassy present). I can't think of an instance where you would submit to a country that you weren't living in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoonzio

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
I am in similar situation and wish to apply study permit..

How did you justify your dual intent in SOP/LOE?
Hi. I told them the reason of PR application.. I'm sure they keep records. I wrote how I understand and know the limitations of a study permit etc. I thought there was no use to convince them that I don't plan to live there so I told them I do if I am given an opportunity to re-apply for PR etc but if not I will leave as per the duration of my visa. I also told them how the rejection redirected my focus on achieving other goals. I'm waiting for the outcome by July, probably I'll receive the decision by then.

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Hi

I am from India, Can anyone tell me after how many days of biometric submission they will start reviewing eligibility criteria.... I submitted biometrics on June 4th but still eligibility review not started.. We will send u message when we start it shows... It's almost 2 week I donno when it's gonna start

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi

I am from India, Can anyone tell me after how many days of biometric submission they will start reviewing eligibility criteria.... I submitted biometrics on June 4th but still eligibility review not started.. We will send u message when we start it shows... It's almost 2 week I donno when it's gonna start
Mine started after 2 weeks, but I got an email last week saying there are higher amounts of applications coming in now so it may take longer.

Spoonzio

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
It's based on the country of submission or wherever your application gets sent to (if there is not a Canadian embassy present). I can't think of an instance where you would submit to a country that you weren't living in.
The reason i asked about the countries is that, i reside in South Africa as PR, i have citizenship in another country and i used a Canadian consultant recommended by the family there

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
The reason i asked about the countries is that, i reside in South Africa as PR, i have citizenship in another country and i used a Canadian consultant recommended by the family there
You would submit in South Africa. I'm a US citizen, but reside in India. You always submit to the country you reside in, unless they don't have an embassy.