+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student who enrolled in University Canada west?

Jan 8, 2020
Sounds like you are adamant to go to UCW. How about you attend and then come back here and post about your experience at UCW after graduation. That will be helpful.
@tapperb Man thousands of people from India get enrolled in UCW for MBA and all would end up paying around $40,000 CAD, nobody is so stupid that without doing good research they will take the admission. Having said that, University and College doesn't give a damn, none of the Canadian institution takes guarantee of placing students in any of the companies, so it all about luck, destiny and skills people hold from their home country. It is request that if you don't have any relations to student visa or studying at UCW, please don't post anything negative to people. Thanks.

Reactions: inognito

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
@tapperb Man thousands of people from India get enrolled in UCW for MBA and all would end up paying around $40,000 CAD, nobody is so stupid that without doing good research they will take the admission. Having said that, University and College doesn't give a damn, none of the Canadian institution takes guarantee of placing students in any of the companies, so it all about luck, destiny and skills people hold from their home country. It is request that if you don't have any relations to student visa or studying at UCW, please don't post anything negative to people. Thanks.
It's called free speech. People can make comments from a distance without being affiliated. In fact, it makes their opinion more credible. I don't how it works in India but its different in Canada and many parts of the world.

UCW MBA is a transaction of a degree. Almost anyone is accepted for their money in exchange for points for express entry and PGWP. Otherwise, no one would do a UCW MBA. You can say whatever else you want but that doesn't make it less true.

Reactions: wonderbly

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have lived and worked in Vancouver for many years and have never heard of UCW until I saw this discussion.
I have also seen many resume online and during interviews and for an MBA degree, the university that you obtain that degree is VERY important.
(that's what it is in North America)

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People commenting are trying to prevent people from wasting a lot of money only to find that employers have never heard of your MBA. You may need to take a GMAT but if you want to remain in Canada I would suggest looking at other programs. The fact that most attending are international students should be a warning sign. Consultants are only interested in making money and the school posts reviews about their own program. Previous students can confirm that they found employment after their degree because they already had international experience in multinationals and it wasn't based on their MBA.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Majority of people that choose UCW know very well that they won't get quality education there. But they are not coming to Canada for the quality education. UCW is just a means to an end.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hey ! I dont think any point arguing here. Most here are anti UCW as it is a private UNI. Have contacted lot of people on LinkedIn and they are quite happy with the quality of education as most professors there are also lecturers in University of BC. You can look for alumini on LinkedIn and you will see they are doing pretty well for themselves. I have stopped arguing here as most just have onensided opinion anyways. If you have the skills you get the job, education is secondary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey ! I dont think any point arguing here. Most here are anti UCW as it is a private UNI. Have contacted lot of people on LinkedIn and they are quite happy with the quality of education as most professors there are also lecturers in University of BC. You can look for alumini on LinkedIn and you will see they are doing pretty well for themselves. I have stopped arguing here as most just have onensided opinion anyways. If you have the skills you get the job, education is secondary.
You are asking the wrong question. Did the alumni think that the UCW degree helped their career or was it their previous work experience? Has nothing to do with UCW being a private university. When people are paying this much money they should be aware that most employers, even those in BC, have never heard of this school. If this is such a great program why are there not primarily Canadians in the program? It is also not about price. Many of the top Canadian MBAs are similar in price. Go to UBC if they have some of the same lecturers. Employers will have a positive response if they see you have an MBA from UBC.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
You are asking the wrong question. Did the alumni think that the UCW degree helped their career or was it their previous work experience? Has nothing to do with UCW being a private university. When people are paying this much money they should be aware that most employers, even those in BC, have never heard of this school. If this is such a great program why are there not primarily Canadians in the program? It is also not about price. Many of the top Canadian MBAs are similar in price. Go to UBC if they have some of the same lecturers. Employers will have a positive response if they see you have an MBA from UBC.
To fairly answer your question, it is their past experience that helped. This is why I concluded saying it is your skill and experience that will land you a job. Most use UCW due to its easier admission process as not everyone who is in working class has time to prepare for GMAT which is a requirement by most public universities. This UNI is for people who want to set foot in Canada (mostly mature candidates) and qualify for PR. If I was a fresher and younger, my choices would be very different.

Reactions: inognito

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
To fairly answer your question, it is their past experience that helped. This is why I concluded saying it is your skill and experience that will land you a job. Most use UCW due to its easier admission process as not everyone who is in working class has time to prepare for GMAT which is a requirement by most public universities. This UNI is for people who want to set foot in Canada (mostly mature candidates) and qualify for PR. If I was a fresher and younger, my choices would be very different.
I second that.
Who wants MBA , people have 10 + years of working experience which is far ahead than any MBA.

People do MBA for various reasons...
Some for higher posts.
Some for better salary.
Some like us are doing for getting our foot in Canada and see world further.

I feel no regret getting admission in MBA program in UCW.

My requirement was clear - 2 year study permit and 3 years PGWP.
I can make things good with or without MBA.

Hope this clears ... MBA from UCW/UofT/UBC and giving above benifits does not make any difference in experienced people life...

Jan 8, 2020
I second that.
Who wants MBA , people have 10 + years of working experience which is far ahead than any MBA.

People do MBA for various reasons...
Some for higher posts.
Some for better salary.
Some like us are doing for getting our foot in Canada and see world further.

I feel no regret getting admission in MBA program in UCW.

My requirement was clear - 2 year study permit and 3 years PGWP.
I can make things good with or without MBA.

Hope this clears ... MBA from UCW/UofT/UBC and giving above benifits does not make any difference in experienced people life...
I totally agree on this point. I thing I noticed in above discussion that all those people who are speaking negative about UCW don't have their actual names in this Platform(Canada visa), I am just pointing it out as I am concerned if these people are actually concerned to the people who have or going to take admission in UCW, or it is just like creating a profile in Canada Visa for fun and deviate people's mind. Lastly, to all these people who have names like Canuck78, tapperb and so on, you know Canada is 6 times as big as India and if you compare with any other country like Bangladesh, Pakistan etc, India being second most populated country in the world around 150 Crores. If we talk about Canada it's just 2 crores, which is the population here in Capital city Delhi. Why I am telling this, Indians all spread all the world, in every country you can find an Indian and few have been living since long time. We have grown up in an atmosphere wherein people know how to earn his own bread and butter, you guys can't even imagine and thought of people can do to earn bread and butter, this is why Indians are dominating and they have one of the finest minds across globe. US is an example, of how they have been hiring Indians for IT and getting the work done. So, please don't tell us about the University and specially about UCW, people who have already passed out they are the leaders and they are running several businesses out there. Once again thanks for the information that you have provided wr.t UCW.

Reactions: Danny1981

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I totally agree on this point. I thing I noticed in above discussion that all those people who are speaking negative about UCW don't have their actual names in this Platform(Canada visa), I am just pointing it out as I am concerned if these people are actually concerned to the people who have or going to take admission in UCW, or it is just like creating a profile in Canada Visa for fun and deviate people's mind. Lastly, to all these people who have names like Canuck78, tapperb and so on, you know Canada is 6 times as big as India and if you compare with any other country like Bangladesh, Pakistan etc, India being second most populated country in the world around 150 Crores. If we talk about Canada it's just 2 crores, which is the population here in Capital city Delhi. Why I am telling this, Indians all spread all the world, in every country you can find an Indian and few have been living since long time. We have grown up in an atmosphere wherein people know how to earn his own bread and butter, you guys can't even imagine and thought of people can do to earn bread and butter, this is why Indians are dominating and they have one of the finest minds across globe. US is an example, of how they have been hiring Indians for IT and getting the work done. So, please don't tell us about the University and specially about UCW, people who have already passed out they are the leaders and they are running several businesses out there. Once again thanks for the information that you have provided wr.t UCW.
Don't get them wrong. What they say is very true. They are not trying to put any nationality down its just so that people know what they are signing up for. Not everyone does enough research sometimes and go by what agents says. In my case, UCW works perfectly for me as my end goal is to get a PR. The setup of UCW is in a commercial building whereas most public universities have their own campus, etc. So if someone is looking for later, they better know. That's all.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Don't get them wrong. What they say is very true. They are not trying to put any nationality down its just so that people know what they are signing up for. Not everyone does enough research sometimes and go by what agents says. In my case, UCW works perfectly for me as my end goal is to get a PR. The setup of UCW is in a commercial building whereas most public universities have their own campus, etc. So if someone is looking for later, they better know. That's all.
I stated earlier that if your sole aim to get PR points and PGWP then UCW is fine. Glad you can read without getting emotional and becoming nationalistic unlike @ashishsaxena1508. Unfortunately, it is these types of people that will be coming to Canada that we now have to deal with.

If you have experience and skills great. If you are in IT, great. You don't even need a degree if you are in IT. But many people go to UCW with little to no experience expecting that they will get a job after UCW. My advice is for them. Go to LinkedIn and see UCW grads. No jobs or working in Walmart for 5 years. Again, if that is what you want then that's fine.

Jan 8, 2020
I stated earlier that if your sole aim to get PR points and PGWP then UCW is fine. Glad you can read without getting emotional and becoming nationalistic unlike @ashishsaxena1508. Unfortunately, it is these types of people that will be coming to Canada that we now have to deal with.

If you have experience and skills great. If you are in IT, great. You don't even need a degree if you are in IT. But many people go to UCW with little to no experience expecting that they will get a job after UCW. My advice is for them. Go to LinkedIn and see UCW grads. No jobs or working in Walmart for 5 years. Again, if that is what you want then that's fine.
@tapperb First of all you don't need to deal with my kind of people, as Canada being a Multicultural country people are coming from various parts of countries. See the only aim here is get the PR, and talking about UCW, please go and see their new Vancouver house campus. Having said that, I respect everybody's opinion here as every one has right to speak what they can, my only point is we can utilize this forum to help others and bring a change in somebody's life then it would be great, rather then misguiding people and saying a particular university is bad and not worth of.