+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student VISA

Mohan532

Mar 5, 2020
Could you please clarify. The statement seems to be kind of misleading.
I prefer to give truthful info. IELTS is not a requirement for the regular study permit applications as per the official website of Canada.

Last edited:

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I prefer to give truthful info. IELTS is not a requirement for the regular study permit applications as per the official website of Canada.
It is not required still VO looks for this info. I wonder how many were successful in obtaining a Student Visa without IELTS until and unless the university gave a waiver to IELTS. I am not arguing over some written facts but what is imperative.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
It is not required still VO looks for this info. I wonder how many were successful in obtaining a Student Visa without IELTS until and unless the university gave a waiver to IELTS. I am not arguing over some written facts but what is imperative.
The study permit application has never asked for a IELTS to be submitted. You can't just make up your own rules and ideas.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
The study permit application has never asked for a IELTS to be submitted. You can't just make up your own rules and ideas.
Nobody is making their own rules here... There are lots of paperwork which VO doesnt not ask for e.g. SOP but still we give it to make our case strong. Period..end of discussion

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
basically its correct when u apply under non sds , you have no checklist or anything u can apply with one month fee or 1 year fee or without ielts under non sds

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Nobody is making their own rules here... There are lots of paperwork which VO doesnt not ask for e.g. SOP but still we give it to make our case strong. Period..end of discussion
SOP is not required, IELTS is not required. You can get a study permit without submitting SOP or IELTS

Faith243

May 11, 2020
I just received a rejection mail this afternoon with the following reasons
1 based on history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in canada
2 family ties in Canada and in your country
3 based on purpose of visit
4 based on personal asset and financial status

I am a bit confused because i have not been to or studied in Canada, please can some explain the first reason

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
1 based on history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in canada

I am a bit confused because i have not been to or studied in Canada, please can some explain the first reason
How many times have you applied?

It is better to post the exact wording in your letter.

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020

ya pls post exact copy of refusal and which country from u applied,in sds or general

Faith243

May 11, 2020
ya pls post exact copy of refusal and which country from u applied,in sds or general
I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in canada
2 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your family ties in Canada and in your country
3 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your purpose of visit
4 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your personal asset and financial status

I am applying from Nigeria and this is my first application

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in canada
2 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your family ties in Canada and in your country
3 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your purpose of visit
4 I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on your personal asset and financial status

Is this your first visa application to enter Canada, or just your first application as a student?

Looks to me like you application does not convince the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Faith243

May 11, 2020
Is this your first visa application to enter Canada, or just your first application as a student?

Looks to me like you application does not convince the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Both, my first application to enter canada and as a student

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Both, my first application to enter canada and as a student
i think you have entered canada previously or your family member ,,, now you have two choices apply gcms notes and hire legal advocate to put your problem in court ,, other than that you will never get visa agai6 ,bcoz 1 point of contravened will never able to get visa again in ur lifetime

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020

ur family ties being questioned ,do u have any 1 in other country like us Australia, bcoz data s being shared and u will nt able to get frm where they r able to get information about u

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi ,
I have done 10th (57%) and three Years Diploma with backlogs (53%) It took me 3 & half years to complete the three years course .
Work experience almost 9 years(Telecom ) . Gaps between 10th and Diploma than some gaps between jobs .
At 34,I am married with a dependent child , Whatever I have learned from online forums I have no chance in EE or PNP .
Can I get a study VISA ? for UG program . If yes , can I get my family with me as dependents ?
Or My spouse
At 26, 10th ,12th , B.A ( all low score between 40-45 % ) one year work exp in banking & insurance sales .
Does she stand a chance for student work visa ?If yes , can me & my child come along as dependents ?
Ofcourse , the ultimate goal is to study & settle in Canada .

Thanks for your responses in advance .

Br//
Subodh
Your main concern has to be get admission into a DLI, that is the most important thing. Once you have been admitted you will have to apply for the Student Visa and here your main concern should be to convince the officer that you will go back once you are done with your program.

You can bring your spouse, on an open work permit, and your child along (on a TRV too) with you for as long as you are in Canada as a student.

Bottom line, first apply to a program and get admission, then worry about the visa...