+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student VISA

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Hi ,
I have done 10th (57%) and three Years Diploma with backlogs (53%) It took me 3 & half years to complete the three years course .
Work experience almost 9 years(Telecom ) . Gaps between 10th and Diploma than some gaps between jobs .
At 34,I am married with a dependent child , Whatever I have learned from online forums I have no chance in EE or PNP .
Can I get a study VISA ? for UG program . If yes , can I get my family with me as dependents ?
Or My spouse
At 26, 10th ,12th , B.A ( all low score between 40-45 % ) one year work exp in banking & insurance sales .
Does she stand a chance for student work visa ?If yes , can me & my child come along as dependents ?
Ofcourse , the ultimate goal is to study & settle in Canada .

Thanks for your responses in advance .

Br//
Subodh

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi ,
I have done 10th (57%) and three Years Diploma with backlogs (53%) It took me 3 & half years to complete the three years course .
Work experience almost 9 years(Telecom ) . Gaps between 10th and Diploma than some gaps between jobs .
At 34,I am married with a dependent child , Whatever I have learned from online forums I have no chance in EE or PNP .
Can I get a study VISA ? for UG program . If yes , can I get my family with me as dependents ?
Or My spouse
At 26, 10th ,12th , B.A ( all low score between 40-45 % ) one year work exp in banking & insurance sales .
Does she stand a chance for student work visa ?If yes , can me & my child come along as dependents ?

Br//
Subodh
Very low chance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot comment on your current situation but you have not said in your post what course you are thinking of applying for, how such a course is relevant to your current qualifications and work experience. How such a course will improve your career prospects on return to your home country, If you start off saying that your intention is to use the study permit as a means to PR then sure the odds of approval are less.

Assume you know the costs of approximately 15-18000 CDN per year plus 10000 CDN per year living costs, the latter could in reality be more with a spouse/child accompanying if child care required for example..

Also you need to plan for at least a 2 year course to qualify for a 3 year PGWP anything less then managing to get a minimum one year Canadian work experince will be a challenge. This could be at least a 4-5 year plan to PR, even then no guarantees..

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Cannot comment on your current situation but you have not said in your post what course you are thinking of applying for, how such a course is relevant to your current qualifications and work experience. How such a course will improve your career prospects on return to your home country, If you start off saying that your intention is to use the study permit as a means to PR then sure the odds of approval are less.

Assume you know the costs of approximately 15-18000 CDN per year plus 10000 CDN per year living costs, the latter could in reality be more with a spouse/child accompanying if child care required for example..

Also you need to plan for at least a 2 year course to qualify for a 3 year PGWP anything less then managing to get a minimum one year Canadian work experince will be a challenge. This could be at least a 4-5 year plan to PR, even then no guarantees..
Hi ,
First of all , thanks for your advice .But the intention to settle is the ultimate truth and dream but somehow I understood your point and message .

1. I know the cost involved , seeking my current situation including everything . The Safe option will be to try for a 2 yr study visa for me & to not disturb complete family & roots .In case I am lucky to have a study visa getting family there during PGWP will be better option .
2. I know,Minimum 2 yr course to get a 3 year PGWP its best for me I can opt for any technical course , in networking , cloud computing ,telecommunication . Honestly this 2 year university diplomas will not add much to my career in my home country but I am positive to get a NOC B job after these university diploma during PGWP .
3.In case there is no chance for my study permit ,than I have to try for my spouse study permit . She is working in an insurance company as a relationship manager so she can take 2 yr course in relationship management . Or She has interest the hair styling , She can do 2 yr university diploma in hair styling .

I had words with few agents , they revert as no chance but on this same forum I have noticed people with exceptions .

Please share your experiences .

Thanks

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hi ,
First of all , thanks for your advice .But the intention to settle is the ultimate truth and dream but somehow I understood your point and message .

1. I know the cost involved , seeking my current situation including everything . The Safe option will be to try for a 2 yr study visa for me & to not disturb complete family & roots .In case I am lucky to have a study visa getting family there during PGWP will be better option .
2. I know,Minimum 2 yr course to get a 3 year PGWP its best for me I can opt for any technical course , in networking , cloud computing ,telecommunication . Honestly this 2 year university diplomas will not add much to my career in my home country but I am positive to get a NOC B job after these university diploma during PGWP .
3.In case there is no chance for my study permit ,than I have to try for my spouse study permit . She is working in an insurance company as a relationship manager so she can take 2 yr course in relationship management . Or She has interest the hair styling , She can do 2 yr university diploma in hair styling .

I had words with few agents , they revert as no chance but on this same forum I have noticed people with exceptions .

Please share your experiences .

Thanks
u will loose quite money around 3 lakhs if you try multiple time ,u will not get visa but u can or your spouse go to study for 1 year in singapore or small country and than try canada ,that will increase your chance for visa

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Hi Rahul ,
Thanks for your advice , I will not try multiple times in a row , but I want to try once atleast with best information available before trying alternate ways .

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi ,
Or My spouse

Br//
Subodh
Your chances are very low but I would not say impossible. There are cases here in Canadavisa forum where people with 2nd division have got their visa approved. I have the following suggestions for your:
1. You can directly apply online to colleges for your admissions. No need for a consultant, who would charge you hefty money. Instead, you can do your own research about colleges and check the program and apply it. In your situation, you have to apply to multiple colleges to try your luck.
2. Apply to less popular/smaller provinces.
3. Since you have a good amount of experience, VO will expect that your financials are all sorted. It is better to take an education loan to fund your education and present it to VO rather than borrowing money from someone. This will make your case look much better.
4. Try to secure at least above 7 in IELTS but not less than that because VO may accept a decent IELTS score after such a professional background. Someone, just a college pass-out scoring 6 bands is absolutely okay.
5. Most importantly, if you write a convincing SOP then you are in luck. VO may approve your application.

Overall the only harm that can happen while trying is the loss of money but if you become successful all the lost money can be recovered.

subomand

Dec 2, 2019
Thanks Simmi ,
Seems a lot of work to do before a shot , Do I have to go for WES for my current education equivalency ? Also my understanding start with IELTS first . Correct ?
For point 1 do I need to have funds in hand ?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Thanks Simmi ,
Seems a lot of work to do before a shot , Do I have to go for WES for my current education equivalency ? Also my understanding start with IELTS first . Correct ?
1. Give your IELTS as you would be needing it for your application
2. WES is not required until and unless college is asking for it. Most colleges won't ask but if anyone is asking, you can avoid them.
3. You need such funds which can be liquidated any time when needed in Canada. This fund you will need to show while making an application to VO. This fund can be yours or sponsored by anyone (in this case you need an affidavit of sponsorship) or Education Loan that covered all your expenses.

Mohan532

Mar 5, 2020
Thanks Simmi ,
IELTS is not required for regular study permit