+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa

deepthi.sagul

Dec 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I intend to apply for a temporary visa to study in Canada. I am an Indian who is currently based in New Zealand. I have applied to the University of Guelph. My family, that includes my spouse and three year old would be applying along with me. I have plans to apply to two colleges based in Toronto for programmes that are of my interest in January as a plan B. What are the main things that we should keep in mind when we apply to make sure that our visa does not get rejected.

Thanks,
Deepthi

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe repost in the international students section but unless you are a PR of New Zealand then one of your challenges with your application may be to persuade the visa officer that you will return to your home country (India) once the education has been completed unless NZ is now your PR country in which case NZ. Other than that you will need to demonstrate that your current qualifications map to any course you plan to take, English language proficiency, funding and how applicable any course might be to future plans in your home country.

Sep 15, 2021
Good day everyone, please I need help. I am currently in Turkey and I applied for Student visa from here, but I was denied visa (subsection 216(1) of the irpr), please how do I avoid this from reoccurring and how long do I have to wait before reapplying?

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Good day everyone, please I need help. I am currently in Turkey and I applied for Student visa from here, but I was denied visa (subsection 216(1) of the irpr), please how do I avoid this from reoccurring and how long do I have to wait before reapplying?
Why were you denied? Did you read the letter you received?

Sep 15, 2021
Yes I read it. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR. That is the email I received.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Yes I read it. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR. That is the email I received.
Yes, so you don't meet the requirements for the study permit. Thank you for your application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you from Turkey? What is your immigration status in Turkey?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I came go Turkey on education basis. I was given a 90% scholarship but the language is difficult, I wasn't given the course I wanted and I can't change course and the courses are all taught in the language.
So where are your from? You need to show strong ties to your home country for education and career progression.