+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa with Dependents

Jan 28, 2023
Dear community,

I am in the process of applying for a study visa for myself and my family (husband and three children aged 3.5, 7, and 8) to attend a university in Ontario. I have a few questions:

1. My husband plans to apply for an open work permit, but I am unsure what type of visa my children should apply for - study permit or visitor visa.
    • a) If they are applying for a study permit, is it mandatory to obtain a letter of acceptance from a school board?
    • b) If they apply for a visitor visa, will they have to exit Canada after the 6-month stay limit?
  2. I have been accepted into a public university in Ontario and I would like to send my children to public school. Are there any school fees required or are they free for my children?
Thank you for your help.

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
In which course you are applying and what are the documents needed for admission? I am also planning to do same and confuse too.

Jan 28, 2023
There are several courses.

You have to select best course according to your study and work background, do not just select some random course.
Study website of each university and find courses and apply yourself.
But better to explain your work experience and study gaps if any

If applying with family then you should have significant funds which you can show in bank statements and ties to home country are of utmost importance.
And best to apply in SDS category if applying with dependents.

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I applied for my Study permit (Age 41) along with my dependent daughter's(age 14) temporary resident visa (TRV) application. I showed enough proof of funds to pay my tuition fee + living expenses for both of us for the entire duration of my studies. Both our visas were granted and I did not have to apply for any separate study permit for my daughter.

Reactions: Vijay61179

fahadmemon55

Jan 17, 2023
I applied for my Study permit (Age 41) along with my dependent daughter's(age 14) temporary resident visa (TRV) application. I showed enough proof of funds to pay my tuition fee + living expenses for both of us for the entire duration of my studies. Both our visas were granted and I did not have to apply for any separate study permit for my daughter.
Hi

Can you please advise me if school is free for kids on TRV?

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I am at age 43 and is it possible to get Study visa for me, Spouse open work permit and Kid TRV visa on same time? I am afraid becouse i have gap in study is of 20 years. Please advise.

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I am at age 43 and is it possible to get Study visa for me, Spouse open work permit and Kid TRV visa on same time? I am afraid becouse i have gap in study is of 20 years. Please advise.
I don't see why not. If you have sufficient proof of funds Canada is a good destination. Check out my journey here

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Do I need to mention anywhere that my kids will attend public school ? or its auto admission just on visit visa with father's student visa?
You need not mention anywhere that the kids will attend public school. The dependent kids get a "Visitor record" and this is the only document that the local school will ask for their admission.

fahadmemon55

Jan 17, 2023
T
You need not mention anywhere that the kids will attend public school. The dependent kids get a "Visitor record" and this is the only document that the local school will ask for their admission.
The video you shared above explains that for the kid I need to study permit instead of a visit visa so I am confused ?