+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa (Understanding CIAPS Notes) HELP!

viraldpatel

Apr 25, 2019
I have been refused twice before under the grounds that I cannot satisfy the officer I will return to the country of my citizenship due to my immigration status. I have reapplied, this time, with legal help from an immigration attorney.

I have been accepted into The University of Toronto. I am a resident of The United States under the DACA status, and hold a citizenship to Kenya.

In my CIAPS notes, the officer stated;

"Seeking entry for Bachelor of Arts at the University of Toronto. No previous studies declared. PA declares that he has been a *****. No other employment declared. PA states he is currently in the US as a DACA Applicant and has been in the US since 2004. No evidence submitted to support that PA is a beneficiary of DACA. In a letter from the PA, he states that he intends to forfeit his DACA status in the US to study in Canada, and that he intends to return to Kenya upon completion of his studies. He also states that his parents, who have been in the US since 2004, intend to move back to Kenya in 2021. Considering economic conditions and employment prospects in the applicant's home country, and taking into account factors including the purpose of travel, academic and travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that the applicant would respect the terms of admission as a student in Canada. Refused."

What does this mean? Am I inadmissible? Is there hope for my visa? What can I provide to strengthen my case?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Inadmissible is a specific technical term in regards to Canadian immigration so you are not inadmissible but highly unlikely to receive a Canadian visa of any kind, you simply have no ties to Kenya.

viraldpatel

Apr 25, 2019
Inadmissible is a specific technical term in regards to Canadian immigration so you are not inadmissible but highly unlikely to receive a Canadian visa of any kind, you simply have no ties to Kenya.
Well, that’s where my ties come into play. I have three close family members in Nairobi, property and more than sufficient funds for all four years of my stay in Canada, a business, and both my parents will be moving back to Kenya in 2021.

I also am majoring in something, Ethics Society and Law in Environment and Development, which aids Kenya as a career going back.

I also have family in India, again, with more than sufficient funds and property.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless you return to Kenya and establish yourself for a few years you are unlikely to ever be approved for any form of temporary visa like work, school, visit, etc.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Well, that’s where my ties come into play. I have three close family members in Nairobi, property and more than sufficient funds for all four years of my stay in Canada, a business, and both my parents will be moving back to Kenya in 2021.

I also am majoring in something, Ethics Society and Law in Environment and Development, which aids Kenya as a career going back.
Everything you said here does little or nothing to convince IRCC because you haven't actually been in Kenya for a while. Talk is cheap. Past actions matter. Your parents' actions plus your DACA status are the most glaring factors.

Reactions: Buletruck

viraldpatel

Apr 25, 2019
Everything you said here does little or nothing to convince IRCC because you haven't actually been in Kenya for a while. Talk is cheap. Past actions matter. Your parents' actions plus your DACA status are the most glaring factors.
Would it be beneficial if I were to fly to Kenya, forfeit my DACA and ties to The United States, and apply from Kenya?