+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejected

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks everyone! :

I have an ACCA and Bsc Hons degree. I applied to a Business Analytics in Seneca in May and got the rejection in Sept. I am doing internship in Austria till Nov 2020. I applied for Jan 2021 intake , 8 months program.

Most PG diplomas are also equal to a Masters, or should be . So I took this program to touch up on Business Analytics as I am not fully a mathematician and do not fit the Maths stream and Data Analytics stream. I want to learn Analytics as this is the new thing and mostly preferred by jobs nowadays. Analytics is everywhere and I need to upgrade my Financial knowledge in combination with this kind of education.

I preferred Canada over my home-country for better education and experience.

Rejection reason :

Employment Situation in home country
Your current work status
Family Ties.

Thats all I can understand until the notes come :(
Thanks everyone.
As you've been advised, a PGD is not at all equivalent to a master's. In addition to applying from your home country, you should go for a proper master's degree that's directly relevant to your prior education and experience. My guide to study permit refusals (link in signature) goes into all of this stuff, because that's how much it bears repeating.

Reactions: SaraShung

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hello everyone!!

My study has been rejected and the reason is "you will not leave Canada after completing your studies". After analyzing all the things, I found a few mistakes like expired LOA, submitted forms were filled wrongly by the agent and SOP is not strong as my brother is already residing in Canada, Is these mistakes have any role in rejection?

Details: India, SDS, done B.com with 4 years of experience as a business developer and my chosen course is supply chain management in Northern College.
Moreover, I applied on 30th May 2020, Medical passed on July 16, 2020, and received a correspondence letter on 18th September 2020 without any AIP prior.

I have received a defer offer letter for Jan'21 intake. And now, I want to re-apply again. Additionally, I don't trust my agent as they said "all depends on the Canadian embassy, we can't do anything". That is why I want change of agent too. So, please do a suggestion on the same.

I appreciate it if you will provide some valuable suggestions that helps me to make my case stronger and I will able to convince VO that I ll be back after studies.

Queries:

1. Should I reapply?
2. Is the reason for rejection is due to my brother's stay in Canada?
3. What can I do to convince VO?
honestly you do not need an agent. you can do it by yourself i believe . settle down and get a few tips and tricks . check the nairaland forum for nigerian students (travel section) who are applying for canadian study permit

jaskaran0512

Feb 7, 2020
1. Request your GCMS notes first if you want to see more specific refusal reasons.
2. Family in Canada can count against you as it makes you seem like more of a risk for overstaying your visa, but I would say the main reason for refusal is likely that you applied for a college program after a gap of several years. Applications like yours are very commonly refused, because ideally with your profile you should be doing a master's.
3. See above. Change to a master's program and write a strong SOP about how it will advance your career prospects at home.

Finally, since your agent apparently submitted weak documents, this is just more proof that you should handle your own application. Consultants offer nothing of value as the entire process can be done on your own. You're paying them no matter what, so they have no incentive to do a proper job on your behalf.
Thanks for advising!! But is it mandatory that I should change my course? Actually, I have received a lot of suggestions that I should change the course.

jaskaran0512

Feb 7, 2020
It's not mandatory for you to do anything. The question is, do you want to stand a better chance of approval or not?
I want approval but in this fluctuating situation due to COVID-19, I am worried that a new offer letter takes time. Moreover, I had already skipped two intakes and don't want to do the same again for Jan Intake.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I want approval but in this fluctuating situation due to COVID-19, I am worried that a new offer letter takes time. Moreover, I had already skipped two intakes and don't want to do the same again for Jan Intake.
I see that you are going to Northern College, Pures. It is well known to be a diploma mill for Punjabi students. If you are serious about your academic qualifications then I advise you go to a more renowned school,

jaskaran0512

Feb 7, 2020
I see that you are going to Northern College, Pures. It is well known to be a diploma mill for Punjabi students. If you are serious about your academic qualifications then I advise you go to a more renowned school,
Okay, Thanks for advising!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The GTA branches of colleges from other parts of Ontario, which are actually run by private companies, definitely deserve special scrutiny. If you're going to attend Northern College, at least do it at one of their actual campuses in northern Ontario, where you might benefit from their links to local employers in small towns suffering from population decline.

Toronto offers more diversity and amenities, but a much less favourable job market for holders of random college certificates with no Canadian work experience.

Reactions: jigzyy

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

Got my notes today and would like to please get your opinion on it:

As you've been advised, a PGD is not at all equivalent to a master's. In addition to applying from your home country, you should go for a proper master's degree that's directly relevant to your prior education and experience. My guide to study permit refusals (link in signature) goes into all of this stuff, because that's how much it bears repeating.
  1. Applicant wishes to study in Canada. Motivation for this is not convincing even upon review of submissions and letter of support. Based on evidence provided, I am not satisfied subject has a genuine study purpose or that is a genuine visitor who would depart Canada at end of authorized period of stay. Refused.
  2. Text: School in Canada I Norn de l'ecole au Canada: Seneca College Address of School/ Adresse de l'ecole: 1750 Finch Ave. East, Scarborough/ Scarborough, ON/ ON
  3. Text: Country Where Applying Status : Worker
  4. Text: Designated Learning Institution: 019395536013

Notes # 1 - 6 . Only 1 note had some detailed comments . Rest were all verification (Student iD/Biometric approvals etc ) .

Although I know its not recommended to pursue the diploma programs but based on these notes, Does it seem like they had an objection with the program ( lower level than my already bachelors) ? With a more motivated letter can I pull it off ?

Also, now there is 1 more thing to think about. Will a 8 month program be recognized at the end or not.

It would be great to know your expert opinions.

Thanks

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
From my observations throughout this forum... Time and time again it becones more evident to me that if you're pursuing post graduate studies.... It better be a Masters degree or a PhD. The Diplomas appear to be among the the most common reasons for refusal.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

Got my notes today and would like to please get your opinion on it:

1. Applicant wishes to study in Canada. Motivation for this is not convincing even upon review of submissions and letter of support. Based on evidence provided, I am not satisfied subject has a genuine study purpose or that is a genuine visitor who would depart Canada at end of authorized period of stay. Refused.
  2. Text: School in Canada I Norn de l'ecole au Canada: Seneca College Address of School/ Adresse de l'ecole: 1750 Finch Ave. East, Scarborough/ Scarborough, ON/ ON
  3. Text: Country Where Applying Status : Worker
  4. Text: Designated Learning Institution: 019395536013

Notes # 1 - 6 . Only 1 note had some detailed comments . Rest were all verification (Student iD/Biometric approvals etc ) .

Although I know its not recommended to pursue the diploma programs but based on these notes, Does it seem like they had an objection with the program ( lower level than my already bachelors) ? With a more motivated letter can I pull it off ?

Also, now there is 1 more thing to think about. Will a 8 month program be recognized at the end or not.

It would be great to know your expert opinions.

Thanks

Kind of unfortunate how vague your notes are, but the words "motivation" and "genuine" clearly get at your intent. Your choice of program and temporary status in your current country of residence don't satisfy them that you're actually coming to study and not live and work illegally in Canada. So the advice is the same as before: apply for a master's from Pakistan. And if you'd like me to take a look at your SOP then PM me.

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Kind of unfortunate how vague your notes are, but the words "motivation" and "genuine" clearly get at your intent. Your choice of program and temporary status in your current country of residence don't satisfy them that you're actually coming to study and not live and work illegally in Canada. So the advice is the same as before: apply for a master's from Pakistan. And if you'd like me to take a look at your SOP then PM me.

Thanks so much primaprime, I've sent you a message sharing my SOP. Thank You.

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
From my observations throughout this forum... Time and time again it becones more evident to me that if you're pursuing post graduate studies.... It better be a Masters degree or a PhD. The Diplomas appear to be among the the most common reasons for refusal.
yeah ..thinking to do that - Probably time to start preparing for University admissions now:) Thanks so much for the help.

Reactions: azzamkc

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
yeah ..thinking to do that - Probably time to start preparing for University admissions now:) Thanks so much for the help.
If you are looking for Analytics in business context skills as well as employability post graduation I suggest these programs:
Rotman MMA
Schulich MBAN
Sauder MBAN
Ivey Msc. Business Analytics
Queens MMA

As long you have decent communication and social skills you should get a job.

Reactions: SaraShung