+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejected

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks everyone! :

I have an ACCA and Bsc Hons degree. I applied to a Business Analytics in Seneca in May and got the rejection in Sept. I am doing internship in Austria till Nov 2020. I applied for Jan 2021 intake , 8 months program.

Most PG diplomas are also equal to a Masters, or should be . So I took this program to touch up on Business Analytics as I am not fully a mathematician and do not fit the Maths stream and Data Analytics stream. I want to learn Analytics as this is the new thing and mostly preferred by jobs nowadays. Analytics is everywhere and I need to upgrade my Financial knowledge in combination with this kind of education.

I preferred Canada over my home-country for better education and experience.

Rejection reason :

Employment Situation in home country
Your current work status
Family Ties.

Thats all I can understand until the notes come :(
Thanks everyone.
Your refusal reasons make sense and you need to address before applying again. A PG diploma isn’t equivalent to a Masters.

- employment situation in home country: how does the course help your career progression in your home country. You currently aren’t living there so how does a Canadian business analytic program help you. Do you have a job offer? What are your employment prospects.
- current work status: you applied for a study permit outside your home country and don’t have a job there. Also you are on an internship so you only have temporary status in Austria.
- family ties: where does your family live. Do you have siblings in other countries?

Last edited:

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Supply chain management focus on a specific stream which i really don't think matches with your profile and eventually make you seem like a desperate person who just wants to enter into canada.

I chose -- Business Analytics Course , not supply Management.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I chose -- Business Analytics Course , not supply Management.
PG Diploma is nowhere close to being equivalent to a Master's in Canada. Maybe in India or Pakistan, but in Canada a PG diploma is close to being worthless in eyes of employers. Why do you think getting into theses PG courses is so easy?

And on a different tangent, and I know you didn't ask for academic advice for those who are moving into Data Analytics/Science who don't have a math background should really pursue a Master's. A PG diploma isn't sufficient to provide the skills required to work practically.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hello everyone!!

My study has been rejected and the reason is "you will not leave Canada after completing your studies". After analyzing all the things, I found a few mistakes like expired LOA, submitted forms were filled wrongly by the agent and SOP is not strong as my brother is already residing in Canada, Is these mistakes have any role in rejection?

Details: India, SDS, done B.com with 4 years of experience as a business developer and my chosen course is supply chain management in Northern College.
Moreover, I applied on 30th May 2020, Medical passed on July 16, 2020, and received a correspondence letter on 18th September 2020 without any AIP prior.

I have received a defer offer letter for Jan'21 intake. And now, I want to re-apply again. Additionally, I don't trust my agent as they said "all depends on the Canadian embassy, we can't do anything". That is why I want change of agent too. So, please do a suggestion on the same.

I appreciate it if you will provide some valuable suggestions that helps me to make my case stronger and I will able to convince VO that I ll be back after studies.

Queries:

1. Should I reapply?
2. Is the reason for rejection is due to my brother's stay in Canada?
3. What can I do to convince VO?
1. Request your GCMS notes first if you want to see more specific refusal reasons.
2. Family in Canada can count against you as it makes you seem like more of a risk for overstaying your visa, but I would say the main reason for refusal is likely that you applied for a college program after a gap of several years. Applications like yours are very commonly refused, because ideally with your profile you should be doing a master's.
3. See above. Change to a master's program and write a strong SOP about how it will advance your career prospects at home.

Finally, since your agent apparently submitted weak documents, this is just more proof that you should handle your own application. Consultants offer nothing of value as the entire process can be done on your own. You're paying them no matter what, so they have no incentive to do a proper job on your behalf.

Reactions: wonderbly