+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa rejected | GCMS Notes| Re application with strong SOP

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I mean yes, that is true, but by that logic everyone with poor academics should give up on their abroad studies dream.
A few people get in even with shit academics with a strong SOP (I plan to be one of them).

I guess it depends on the VISA officer.
Then you should choose somewhere that will be better suited for you. You can go to a different city in your own country or neighbouring countries too.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
If you couldn't get good grades in your home country where you were educated most of your life, you're not going to pass in Canada.

While I do agree with you, a few do get good grades. I guess once you have liabilities, you have no choice but to succeed.

Then you should choose somewhere that will be better suited for you. You can go to a different city in your own country or neighbouring countries too.
Unfortunately, with the level of education in most of these countries, it would not be worth it.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
While I do agree with you, a few do get good grades. I guess once you have liabilities, you have no choice but to succeed.

Unfortunately, with the level of education in most of these countries, it would not be worth it.
This does not make any sense. How would the visa officer going to believe you'll do better when you can't even do well in your own country.

If you're slacking off and spending your time working part time and not studying during your bachelors and secondary school, and it affects your grades, then the visa officer cannot be certain you're actually going to study in Canada and therefore you're not a genuine student.

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Hey Guys,

Thanks for al your views and suggestions. For the uninitiated, I am from India.

Well, some people (like me) who aren't good at studies realize this "Oh I should have done better, I should have studied more etc." but in hindsight and only after you realize the importance of studies.

But what's gone is gone - done and dusted - now I have just this second chance to apply for the permit and I want to cover all angles and possibilities that would give me a better chance to get the permit. So here's what, in my view (from your suggestions,) I will do

• I will prepare my SOP and will write clearly why I got low scores in some subjects in my graduation and how after my job I have realized that studies are most important for getting a great job and I will work hard to complete the course I intend to go for in Canada.
  • That I will come back to Canada - back it up with my marriage plans in India and also that my parents are here and that I will definitely come back.
  • That I can compare the salaries in India if I do a masters from here and the salary if I have a post graduate certificate from Canada and can show the return of investment in studying form Canada.
Rest is luck. But before I submit my SOP I want to get it proof read by someone expert at this exercise so that I can fine tune it.

And also for SOP do I start from scratch or should I just cover the above points which led to refusal?

Thanks,
Ali

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Hey Guys,

Well, some people (like me) who aren't good at studies realize this "Oh I should have done better, I should have studied more etc." but in hindsight and only after you realize the importance of studies.

But what's gone is gone - done and dusted - now I have just this second chance to apply for the permit and I want to cover all angles and possibilities that would give me a better chance to get the permit. So here's what, in my view (from your suggestions,) I will do

• I will prepare my SOP and will write clearly why I got low scores in some subjects in my graduation and how after my job I have realized that studies are most important for getting a great job and I will work hard to complete the course I intend to go for in Canada.
  • That I will come back to Canada - back it up with my marriage plans in India and also that my parents are here and that I will definitely come back.
  • That I can compare the salaries in India if I do a masters from here and the salary if I have a post graduate certificate from Canada and can show the return of investment in studying form Canada.
Rest is luck. But before I submit my SOP I want to get it proof read by someone expert at this exercise so that I can fine tune it.

And also for SOP do I start from scratch or should I just cover the above points which led to refusal?

Thanks,
Ali
Hi Shiraz,

Keep it to 300-400 words. Show any properties in your name even if it's a car. Do not compare salaries or mention marriage plan. Tell them that a degree from Canada is glorified in your home country and will fasten your Career than one you have back home.

Good luck

Reactions: azzamkc

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Ali
Mentioning marriage in a sop? Why?

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Ali
Hi Shiraz, the points you've mentioned are all great. I'd not want to write about marriage plans though. Start it from scratch, beginning with countering the points on which your visa was rejected. Include a list of jobs that will be open for you in India after you complete your program in Canada. Explain your interest in the program and tell the officer that no such program exists in your home country, or if it does, it does not match the quality and exposure. Talk about the benefits of foreign education in India. You can also write about your strong financial background, and how you (or your family) don't mind investing money if it can lead to a profitable career. Hope this helps.

Reactions: shiraz883

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
A good SOP can tip the balance in a borderline case but OP should seriously reconsider the choice to apply for a graduate certificate. After several years of work experience it adds little to your profile or employment prospects. This is why the advice given is always to apply for a master's degree.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Ali
When did you applied for jan 2021 intake ?

It will be helpfull for people and others to guess that visa decisions are being given to those who have directly applied for jan 2021.

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
A good SOP can tip the balance in a borderline case but OP should seriously reconsider the choice to apply for a graduate certificate. After several years of work experience it adds little to your profile or employment prospects. This is why the advice given is always to apply for a master's degree.
I agree but with my low scores I do not have other options in Canada. But I intend to show what positions I can apply for after coming back to India and what prospects are there after getting a post graduate certificate from a foreign country - Canada in this case

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I agree but with my low scores I do not have other options in Canada. But I intend to show what positions I can apply for after coming back to India and what prospects are there after getting a post graduate certificate from a foreign country - Canada in this case
Writing a SOP doesn't prove intent of returning to your home country.

WHY would the visa officer believe a word you write in your SOP?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

I got a rejection after my application for January '21 intake and now I want to reapply after I have got GCMS notes.

My profile is as follows:

10/12 score:
60% and 72%,

IELTS Score:
6.5 ( with no band less than 6),

Degree:
Bachelors of Commerce (3 years) completed Degree in June 2016

Backlogs:

None

. Overall Degree score:
48% ,

Employment Status:
Started working in May 2017 still employed.

Canadian College:
Sault College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]

Course:
Ontario College Graduate Certificate (2Years-4Semesters)- Global business management,

Funds:
First year fees + GIC

Application:
June, 2020,

Biometrics:
Cancel because of Covid

Medical:
February, 2020 (Passed),

Decision:
September, 2020 (refused)

I applied for GCMS NOTES and got the reply as follows:

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Now I want to reapply makin a strong SOP covering the above points which led to rejection. Do not have much time, need to apply by tuesday 24/11/2020 so that I can get the decision for January '21 intake. Also can some one read by SOP and see where the problem was and how to write the strong SOP?

Thanks,
Ali
I would suggest, I always say I am not an expert, its just my opinion. 3 years bachelors with percentage of less than 50% is not giving you an edge. I would say, do a masters in India with good grades and then apply for masters in Canada, not the PGD but a masters in good reputed university. VO, as I have read several GCMS notes posted by people, usually see if the money you are spending on the program in Canada is worth it, in the case of PGD it's not since it won't help you much on return to India and in Canada you might not do so well with a PGD. Meanwhile get some work experience, come back with a stronger profile. Goodluck!