+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa rejected | GCMS Notes| Re application with strong SOP

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
No. The consultants get commission from the school for each international student application. When you apply to the school, you pay an application fee right? Part of this fee goes to the "consultant" promoting it to desperate students.

They don't care if your visa is approved or not. If 1000 students apply, the school gets application fees from 1000 students. If only 1 out of the 1000 gets a study permit, the school still earns money from 1000 students. These kind of schools that are being promoted by the consultants have no reputation at all, as long as you pay the application fee, you get acceptance into the program.

So why would the consultant care whether you get a study permit or not? They'll earn money no matter what.
Summed it up nicely

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
No. The consultants get commission from the school for each international student application. When you apply to the school, you pay an application fee right? Part of this fee goes to the "consultant" promoting it to desperate students.

They don't care if your visa is approved or not. If 1000 students apply, the school gets application fees from 1000 students. If only 1 out of the 1000 gets a study permit, the school still earns money from 1000 students. These kind of schools that are being promoted by the consultants have no reputation at all, as long as you pay the application fee, you get acceptance into the program.

So why would the consultant care whether you get a study permit or not? They'll earn money no matter what.
Well I remember consultants encouraging me to apply to schools that did not have any application fee too. And, how much is application fee anyway? 100 bucks at max. Even if a consultant gets 20-30% cut, I don't see that to be good enough to invest time in a candidate who'll fail. I'm not saying consultants are saints. I just don't think they have ulterior motives in student applications where they benefit much more from a student actually getting admission and visa.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Well I remember consultants encouraging me to apply to schools that did not have any application fee too. And, how much is application fee anyway? 100 bucks at max. Even if a consultant gets 20-30% cut, I don't see that to be good enough to invest time in a candidate who'll fail. I'm not saying consultants are saints. I just don't think they have ulterior motives in student applications where they benefit much more from a student actually getting admission and visa.
Why would they care if you get a visa or not? Do they get paid by the Canadian government for every successful visa application?

Once you pay the school application fees, the consultant's job is done and they get paid commission by the school.

They don't benefit anymore from students actually getting admission and visa.

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Why would they care if you get a visa or not? Do they get paid by the Canadian government for every successful visa application?

Once you pay the school application fees, the consultant's job is done and they get paid commission by the school.

They don't benefit anymore from students actually getting admission and visa.
They get paid from the school on successful admission. That's why most consultants don't charge any fee to applicants for study applications. Anyway, let it be. Enough about consultants.

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Just for everybody's information and to close this thread I want you to know that I applied for the VISA after replying pointwise (in the SOP) to the reasons listed in GCMS NOTES regarding refusal of VISA. Unfortunately this time also I did not get the VISA.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Just for everybody's information and to close this thread I want you to know that I applied for the VISA after replying pointwise (in the SOP) to the reasons listed in GCMS NOTES regarding refusal of VISA. Unfortunately this time also I did not get the VISA.
So sorry to hear. I think your low academic scores worked against you. I don't advise that people start online classes without a permit/AIP but in your case, if you had perhaps started online classes and done very well, you could have been able to apply again with your semester marks to show that you are capable of doing excellently well. That might sway the VO's decision in your favour.

Blackpinkfam

Oct 8, 2020
Oh man. I am so sorry. I was hoping reading your thread would give me some hope as I also in same boat as you with my poor academics. Now it just breaks my heart learning you didn't get in again. And thinking of my situation I just so freaking hopeless right now. Its almost like nothing we say can convince VO because all they see is academic history. I don't know if it's better but maybe consider doing a lower levle program? Like diploma or sthing? Maybe someone in thread can advice if it can help since diploma is lower level then PG. Or is still all the same in the face of VO?

Blackpinkfam

Oct 8, 2020
By the way did you get the same reasons for rejection as last time?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
By the way did you get the same reasons for rejection as last time?
each application is different and depends on visa officer and country of application. best think is to prepare a strong profile with reasonable application and convicning sop. and hope for the best.

Blackpinkfam

Oct 8, 2020
each application is different and depends on visa officer and country of application. best think is to prepare a strong profile with reasonable application and convicning sop. and hope for the best.
I don't even think a convincing sop will do the trick. We are really at a mercy of VO. We can write and explain in the best possible way why we wanna pursue this course and all that. But the poor academic can never be washed.

Ronak Lodariya

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

I got a rejection after my application for January '21 intake and now I want to reapply after I have got GCMS notes.

My profile is as follows:

10/12 score:
60% and 72%,

IELTS Score:
6.5 ( with no band less than 6),

Degree:
Bachelors of Commerce (3 years) completed Degree in June 2016

Backlogs:

None

. Overall Degree score:
48% ,

Employment Status:
Started working in May 2017 still employed.

Canadian College:
Sault College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]

Course:
Ontario College Graduate Certificate (2Years-4Semesters)- Global business management,

Funds:
First year fees + GIC

Application:
June, 2020,

Biometrics:
Cancel because of Covid

Medical:
February, 2020 (Passed),

Decision:
September, 2020 (refused)

I applied for GCMS NOTES and got the reply as follows:

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Now I want to reapply makin a strong SOP covering the above points which led to rejection. Do not have much time, need to apply by tuesday 24/11/2020 so that I can get the decision for January '21 intake. Also can some one read by SOP and see where the problem was and how to write the strong SOP?

Thanks,
Ali
Hi,

We also have similar situation like you. I am just following that did you reapplied? did you git your visa? please let me know as we are in similar situation

May 19, 2019
Hi,

I got a rejection after my application for January '21 intake and now I want to reapply after I have got GCMS notes.

My profile is as follows:

10/12 score:
60% and 72%,

IELTS Score:
6.5 ( with no band less than 6),

Degree:
Bachelors of Commerce (3 years) completed Degree in June 2016

Backlogs:

None

. Overall Degree score:
48% ,

Employment Status:
Started working in May 2017 still employed.

Canadian College:
Sault College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]

Course:
Ontario College Graduate Certificate (2Years-4Semesters)- Global business management,

Funds:
First year fees + GIC

Application:
June, 2020,

Biometrics:
Cancel because of Covid

Medical:
February, 2020 (Passed),

Decision:
September, 2020 (refused)

I applied for GCMS NOTES and got the reply as follows:

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Now I want to reapply makin a strong SOP covering the above points which led to rejection. Do not have much time, need to apply by tuesday 24/11/2020 so that I can get the decision for January '21 intake. Also can some one read by SOP and see where the problem was and how to write the strong SOP?

Thanks,
Ali
Hi
did you got your visa? we have similar situation like you. please help me
Thank you