+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused Twice. Need Your Help..!!

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My brother has got 2 study via refusals so far and He has applied as below:
Jan 2023 intake: Financial Technology at Conestoga college
Sep 2023 intake: Project Management at Conestoga college
The reason which IRCC gave is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" and "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, marksheets, academic record, and future prospects.
His profile details is below:
10th: 58% - 2010
12th: 50% - 2012
BCom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period so he cleared all his subjects from 2016 to 2019 so as in total he cleared his degree in 7-8 years)
2016-2022 - working as accounts executive
2022-2023 - working as accounts executive with other company
I have also applied for caips notes in oct but till now I did not received any result.

- Please let me know how can we proceed further now as should we change course or change province as till now we have applied in ontario?
- I am a permanent resident so will that be an issue for him as might be visa officer is thinking that he will not return after studies?

Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I always got a good and helpful response from this forum so please share your expert opinions and guide me.

Your help will be much appreciated!

kuhaku

Mar 22, 2023
Hi Everyone,

The reason which IRCC gave is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" and "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, marksheets, academic record, and future prospects.
BCom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period so he cleared all his subjects from 2016 to 2019 so as in total he cleared his degree in 7-8 years)
I have also applied for caips notes in oct but till now I did not received any result.

- Please let me know how can we proceed further now as should we change course or change province as till now we have applied in ontario?
- I am a permanent resident so will that be an issue for him as might be visa officer is thinking that he will not return after studies?

Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I always got a good and helpful response from this forum so please share your expert opinions and guide me.

Hey, can you show the study permit details on IRCC newly introduced tool, Application Status Tracker? You can find it in the following screenshots:
BTW, the website for this tool is : https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Fabian_Kittle

Oct 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,

By the way Just wanted to share a helpful resource I found for my studies in Canada. I discovered this awesome online brochure template at storyboardthat.com. Check it out and create here your online brochure template . It's been a game-changer for me in organizing and memorizing information visually. Highly recommend giving it a try!
I understand your concerns about your brother's study refusals. It appears that the refusals were due to the purpose of his visit and the suitability of his proposed studies. Here are some suggestions to consider: Review the reasons for refusal and identify areas that need improvement in his application. Explore alternative programs or provinces that better align with his qualifications and background. Consult with an immigration consultant or education advisor for personalized guidance and support. Address concerns about his intent to return by showcasing strong ties to your home country. Review the CAIPS notes once received to gain insight into the visa officer's perspective. Remember to seek professional advice and thoroughly prepare future applications. Best of luck!