+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused Twice. Need Your Help..!! Please reply and share your expert views.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My brother has got 2 study via refusals so far and He has applied as below:
Jan 2023 intake: Financial Technology at Conestoga college
Sep 2023 intake: Project Management at Conestoga college
The reason which IRCC gave is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" and "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, marksheets, academic record, and future prospects.
His profile details is below:
10th: 58% - 2010
12th: 50% - 2012
BCom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period so he cleared all his subjects from 2016 to 2019 so as in total he cleared his degree in 7-8 years)
2016-2022 - working as accounts executive
2022-2023 - working as accounts executive with other company
I have also applied for caips notes in oct but till now I did not received any result.

- Please let me know how can we proceed further now as should we change course or change province as till now we have applied in ontario?
- I am a permanent resident so will that be an issue for him as might be visa officer is thinking that he will not return after studies?

Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I always got a good and helpful response from this forum so please share your expert opinions and guide me.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My brother has got 2 study via refusals so far and He has applied as below:
Jan 2023 intake: Financial Technology at Conestoga college
Sep 2023 intake: Project Management at Conestoga college
The reason which IRCC gave is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" and "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, marksheets, academic record, and future prospects.
His profile details is below:
10th: 58% - 2010
12th: 50% - 2012
BCom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period so he cleared all his subjects from 2016 to 2019 so as in total he cleared his degree in 7-8 years)
2016-2022 - working as accounts executive
2022-2023 - working as accounts executive with other company
I have also applied for caips notes in oct but till now I did not received any result.

- Please let me know how can we proceed further now as should we change course or change province as till now we have applied in ontario?
- I am a permanent resident so will that be an issue for him as might be visa officer is thinking that he will not return after studies?

Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I always got a good and helpful response from this forum so please share your expert opinions and guide me. Were the programs even post graduate?

Your help will be much appreciated!
He has a BComm and applying for programs that are not relevant to his current career. He needs to show that it will advance his career and education. He needs to pick up a program with advancement to justify costs. PM can be taken anywhere (even online) so no reason to come to Canada. His grades are poor so IRCC believes he will fail his courses. Took a long time to finish degree. Nothing he can do about that. Changing provinces will not make a difference.

He needs a post graduate course that builds on his current job. Usually suggest another degree or a Masters but he will not get admission due to poor grades. Is he over 30? Did he show his own funds?

He will have difficulty being approved due to the fact he took 8 years (poor grades) to complete his degree.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Thank you for your reply. He is 29 years old right now and he showed parents funds. We good amount of funds and also paid one year fees and gic. I completely understand as grades are on downside so what can we do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He needs GCMS notes. Think notes will say poor grades, program not relevant to education/career and possibly funds because he is 29 and parents supporting him. So get notes and then reassess. It is not only grades. He needs a stronger profile (Masters, another degree) to offset the poor grades as there is concern he will fail his courses in Canada.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Yea I understand. I applied for caips notes in oct but did not got any information from ircc. This is the problem as they are not even responding.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yea I understand. I applied for caips notes in oct but did not got any information from ircc. This is the problem as they are not even responding.
Did you apply for GCMS notes or did he through private company? Takes over 3 months. May want to apply again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do your parents have a TRV or supervisa? Have they visited Canada? Have they applied for PGP? Do you have any other siblings? If no other siblings and your parents have visas to visit Canada then your brother’s ties to Canada are very strong.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Thanks@canuck78 for your response. Yes my parents are having visitor visa and they travelled to canada in 2018. I understand as my parents also has visitor visa and i am PR. How we can show home ties back in country for him. I was thinking if we can write as parents are getting old and he will take care of them and also if we can provide a link or screenshots of jobs opportunities in india which he will get once he will complete his studies in canada. Please share your inputs

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks@canuck78 for your response. Yes my parents are having visitor visa and they travelled to canada in 2018. I understand as my parents also has visitor visa and i am PR. How we can show home ties back in country for him. I was thinking if we can write as parents are getting old and he will take care of them and also if we can provide a link or screenshots of jobs opportunities in india which he will get once he will complete his studies in canada. Please share your inputs
Elderly parents are not a tie. He is over 22 so not a dependant. He needs to show better job opportunities with higher pay to justify coming to Canada. Screenshots is not enough. His SOP needs to state what opportunities he has with further educaiton with listings that show he will get hired with further education. His bigger issue is his grades are poor and a reason for refusal. IRCC doesn’t think he will pass. Not sure how you address that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for your replies and I would need your help in understanding a course which is mentioned here.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/professional-accounting-practice/courses?id=27630

Could you please let me know if this course will be a match based on his experience and bcom studies of india. Thanks a lot for your guidance so far.
So now going after CPA designation in Ontario? Does he have any accounting experience? Doesn't CPA take years so how will he apply that in India.