+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refused from Nairobi

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Hello all. I applied for the student visa few weeks ago online. My status was updated last week as "Refused". The explanation was:
You have not convinced me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. To arrive in this decision, I look into account several factors, including the following:

- Previous trips
- The reason of your visit
- Your financial situation and your personal property

It is true I didn't provide them a proof of my previous trips that I had in Tanzania, Rwanda and India. But the reason of the visit is of course for studies. They don't see it on the form?? And about the financial situation, I did show them the house property and business of my father and my uncle and aunt who live in Toronto will be sponsoring me. Do you think the office made a mistake? He thought I was applying for visitor visa?

I live in Burundi with Indian nationality.

Do you think I should call them in Nairobi to find more details? Or fly to Nairobi and talk to someone there? Or will I have to re-apply?

Than you very much for your help

curious_toad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Officer will only reject if some of your documentation was not clear or good enough to convince them about your case. Also, the previous trips may be referring to Canada as opposed to going to other countries because they want to be convinced that after completing your studies you will return back to your home country, and since you have not visited Canada before and returned back, they think you will stay there !!

Obviously call them before flying but the Nairobi embassy is not helpful when it comes to answering your queries.

Sorry about your case but you could post your question on the 'General - All Canadian Immigration side' to get some opinions/suggestions.

This is off topic but I was in Burundi not long ago and its a naturally beautiful country with lots of business opportunities.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A major problem is highlighted below in red. You have not demonstrated proper home-ties. I think your aunt and uncle who are already in Toronto sponsoring you is a problem. All your help should come from back home - parents preferably.

faythebest said:
Hello all. I applied for the student visa few weeks ago online. My status was updated last week as "Refused". The explanation was:
You have not convinced me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. To arrive in this decision, I look into account several factors, including the following:

- Previous trips
- The reason of your visit
- Your financial situation and your personal property

It is true I didn't provide them a proof of my previous trips that I had in Tanzania, Rwanda and India. But the reason of the visit is of course for studies. They don't see it on the form?? And about the financial situation, I did show them the house property and business of my father and my uncle and aunt who live in Toronto will be sponsoring me. Do you think the office made a mistake? He thought I was applying for visitor visa?

I live in Burundi with Indian nationality.

Do you think I should call them in Nairobi to find more details? Or fly to Nairobi and talk to someone there? Or will I have to re-apply?

Than you very much for your help