+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa info regarding divorce

bela111

Jun 16, 2019
Hi all,
I am going to apply for Canada student visa soon. In the form imm1294, there is a question: have you previously applied to enter in Canada?
Well, I did not apply for Canada PR but my ex husband applied as a primary applicant and included me in the application. I received the Email to do Medical from my ex husband but I did not do the medical since I was on the verge to give him
Divorce. Since we are divorced now, I enquired IRCC about the status of the application and IRCC said, I don’t have any application in process and the divorce information that I provided will not be added to my file. In this case, while filling up the imm1294 form, what should I give answer to the question: have you previously applied to enter in Canada? Yes or No?
Please help me out.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Since you got to the stage of medicals for the PR application, I believe the answer is "Yes". You can also say "No" and explain the exact circumstances in a letter, just to show that you aren't trying to willfully mislead IRCC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I am going to apply for Canada student visa soon. In the form imm1294, there is a question: have you previously applied to enter in Canada?
Well, I did not apply for Canada PR but my ex husband applied as a primary applicant and included me in the application. I received the Email to do Medical from my ex husband but I did not do the medical since I was on the verge to give him
Divorce. Since we are divorced now, I enquired IRCC about the status of the application and IRCC said, I don’t have any application in process and the divorce information that I provided will not be added to my file. In this case, while filling up the imm1294 form, what should I give answer to the question: have you previously applied to enter in Canada? Yes or No?
Please help me out.

Thanks
You were included in the original application, so I would say to answer Yes.