+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa got rejected

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
Hello i had applied for student visa from India and received the letter from the officer reviewing my application that my student visa has been rejected for the following reasons:

1) He thinks i might not leave canada after my studies.
2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language ability, financial ability and/or your future prospects and plans.

Now i understand the first reason but i am a bit unclear about the second.
I have done graduation in BBA and got admission in Algoma university Brampton for post graduate certificate in business( i think it is relevant to my past studies)

My grade in BBA was 7 cgpa which i think is decent and in IELTS i got 7.5 overall. In terms of finance i had paid full one year fees and GIC, so why are these given as reasons?

The only problem i see here is missing mark sheets which according to me i have submitted all documents(10th,12th and college degree and mark sheets) or it could be the gap after my BBA(graduated in 2017) but it is not mentioned in the reasons.

My agent is saying to apply again but i am unsure whether to apply or not, do i have enough time to apply again(my classes start on 4th September, 2019).

Kindly help

Last edited:

JASS9770

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
you should get gcsm notes to know in detail about why you were refused.the officer probably think you won't leave after finishing your studies also you are taking admission in post graduate certificate in business(you need to write why you are taking admission in this course and after finishing this course how this course will help you in advancing your career and getting a job in india after you return).Post graduate certificates are generally not as beneficial when compared with masters.I don't think marksheets is an issue they only ask for your most recent marksheets.Anyway get gcsm notes should be able to help you.Also when did you apply?.

Reactions: Jashan13

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
you should get gcsm notes to know in detail about why you were refused.the officer probably think you won't leave after finishing your studies also you are taking admission in post graduate certificate in business(you need to write why you are taking admission in this course and after finishing this course how this course will help you in advancing your career and getting a job in india after you return).Post graduate certificates are generally not as beneficial when compared with masters.I don't think marksheets is an issue they only ask for your most recent marksheets.Anyway get gcsm notes should be able to help you.Also when did you apply?.
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking to apply for visa myself not through agent, is it a good decision and is it possible to re apply myself or we have to apply from the same medium we applied before?

He did not submitted SOP and in my gap i had done family business but did not got paid for it so he said we should mention unemployed. If in my application it is unemployed can i change that now when i apply or not?

Also how much time does it takes to get gcsm notes?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking to apply for visa myself not through agent, is it a good decision and is it possible to re apply myself or we have to apply from the same medium we applied before?

He did not submitted SOP and in my gap i had done family business but did not got paid for it so he said we should mention unemployed. If in my application it is unemployed can i change that now when i apply or not?

Also how much time does it takes to get gcsm notes?
GCMS takes around 30 days.

Ramya30

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hello i had applied for student visa from India and received the letter from the officer reviewing my application that my student visa has been rejected for the following reasons:

1) He thinks i might not leave canada after my studies.
2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language ability, financial ability and/or your future prospects and plans.

Now i understand the first reason but i am a bit unclear about the second.
I have done graduation in BBA and got admission in Algoma university Brampton for post graduate certificate in business( i think it is relevant to my past studies)

My grade in BBA was 7 cgpa which i think is decent and in IELTS i got 7.5 overall. In terms of finance i had paid full one year fees and GIC, so why are these given as reasons?

The only problem i see here is missing mark sheets which according to me i have submitted all documents(10th,12th and college degree and mark sheets) or it could be the gap after my BBA(graduated in 2017) but it is not mentioned in the reasons.

My agent is saying to apply again but i am unsure whether to apply or not, do i have enough time to apply again(my classes start on 4th September, 2019).

Kindly help
Hi. May I know when did u apply for study permit and whether it is SDS or non sds?

Reactions: Jashan13

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
Hi. May I know when did u apply for study permit and whether it is SDS or non sds?
Thank you for reply
I gave my biometrics on 17th June 2019, according to vfs they submitted it at the embassy on 18th June and it was SDS. The letter in which we received my rejection for study permit is dated 4th July 2019.

I got admission in Algoma university(brampton), post graduate certificate in business.

Last edited:

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
Should i re apply now and try to explain issues in SOP(i did not submitted SOP in previous application) or for next intake and get admission in different college in better program?
Really confused dont know what to do.
Also i have gap in which i joined family business but agent said to not show family business because i did not have any salary slips or ITR, so he mentioned unemployed. Can i change that in new application? Will it be negative if i change that in new file?
Kindly guide, Thanks

Ramya30

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey still waiting for your reply.
Hey. My advice would be to get gcms notes and get to know on what grounds they have refused you. And in sop, explain each and every refusal statement with your statement and if you apply, u ll definitely get ur visam

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Should i re apply now and try to explain issues in SOP(i did not submitted SOP in previous application) or for next intake and get admission in different college in better program?
Really confused dont know what to do.
Also i have gap in which i joined family business but agent said to not show family business because i did not have any salary slips or ITR, so he mentioned unemployed. Can i change that in new application? Will it be negative if i change that in new file?
Kindly guide, Thanks
I think u should reapply immediately with sop(since Canada visa officer doesn't call, it is sop which presents you). Don't withdraw fee, reapply now

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
Hey. My advice would be to get gcms notes and get to know on what grounds they have refused you. And in sop, explain each and every refusal statement with your statement and if you apply, u ll definitely get ur visam
Gcsm notes will take 30 days and my class starts on 4th september, i dont think time is enough for gcsm notes and someone recommended to change college and apply for january intake, will it reflect badly on my application if i change college? Or i should go ahead and re apply for the same intake and college without gcsm?
Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
I think u should reapply immediately with sop(since Canada visa officer doesn't call, it is sop which presents you). Don't withdraw fee, reapply now
Is my college or course selection an issue here since the officer said my course doesnt match with my past studies and qualifications?
And what more documents can i submit to make my case strong?
Also should i show i worked in family business now or not? Since i did not in the first application, or give the visa officer reasons why i did not showed it in the first application?
Will be very helpful, Thanks

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Is my college or course selection an issue here since the officer said my course doesnt match with my past studies and qualifications?
And what more documents can i submit to make my case strong?
Also should i show i worked in family business now or not? Since i did not in the first application, or give the visa officer reasons why i did not showed it in the first application?
Will be very helpful, Thanks
If it course is not relevant u can opt for new course Jan intake with good sop.. but still if u wanna try for sep intake.. u can write strong sop that why u want to do that course, why u wanna change ur education field.
U better take advice from iccrc member. Jain overseas Jalandhar only deals in Canada. Amit Jain is iccrc member.

Jashan13

Jul 10, 2019
If it course is not relevant u can opt for new course Jan intake with good sop.. but still if u wanna try for sep intake.. u can write strong sop that why u want to do that course, why u wanna change ur education field.
U better take advice from iccrc member. Jain overseas Jalandhar only deals in Canada. Amit Jain is iccrc member.
I have done BBA and opted for post graduate certificate in business which is relevant but i think it is not valued much, Could that be the reason my visa got rejected?

Someone said you have to change your college and location and apply for january intake because your college is not good.
I had got admission in algoma university, brampton

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
please advice.if caips notes have been fully satisfied in strong sop.then vo will not find any other drawbacks of refusal.please help to comment