+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for Working Professionals

ANUSHAKRISHNA

May 30, 2018
Waterloo.

And as long as you justify your reasoning, it should be OK. SOP matters a lot in this case.

The nature of the work you have done in your employment matters, you should elaborate on that. Provide evidence in the form of employment letter which mentions the nature of your work (duties).

An individuals circumstances are inescapable. Just explain to the best of you ability - why you want this course, how does it improve your prospects, how it relates to your work and previous degree.

A VO will never cite your age as the singular factor in a refusal. It will probably be that you're not a bona fide student. So you just need to demonstrate, to the best of your ability, that you are a genuine student.
Absolutely right. Although more chances for approval with the university but
Which course and university had you applied??
Capilano- business management course

Reactions: ankitvashisht

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Oh my miss . But SOP play a major role for decision. So, make sure to mention the strong reasons to the point .
I think it is clear with our discussions that with strong S.O.P., I can apply for college, although more chances of approval are still on the university side.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I think it is clear with our discussions that with strong S.O.P., I can apply for college, although more chances of approval are still on the university side.
SOP is not enough, though. You see, if you write "i have developed X and Y for my employer" in your SOP and elaborate on this, you must submit corroborating documentation to prove this because anyone can write this. Typically, this means an employment letter. Your employment letter should state your salary, starting date and most importantly your responsibilities which must be in line in what you write in your SOP.

This, along with salary slips, establish that you held a job related to the education you seek.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
SOP is not enough, though. You see, if you write "i have developed X and Y for my employer" in your SOP and elaborate on this, you must submit corroborating documentation to prove this because anyone can write this. Typically, this means an employment letter. Your employment letter should state your salary, starting date and most importantly your responsibilities which must be in line in what you write in your SOP.

This, along with salary slips, establish that you held a job related to the education you seek.
Thanks for your guidance.

I can manage employment letter stating all this.

Would bank statement work in place of salary slip as a proof of my employment. Actually, In our organization, they don't give us salary slips. Moreover, I am also thinking to add reference letter from my company stated that they don't have objection with my study plan on my own finance and they would like to offer me employment again, post my studies.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for your guidance.

I can manage employment letter stating all this.

Would bank statement work in place of salary slip as a proof of my employment. Actually, In our organization, they don't give us salary slips. Moreover, I am also thinking to add reference letter from my company stated that they don't have objection with my study plan on my own finance and they would like to offer me employment again, post my studies.
Yes, a bank statement should work. Just explain that in the letter from company, "we typically don't give out salary slips but you can see the salary deposited monthly in X's account".

The reference letter would work as well. Shows a strong tie.

And goes without saying, make sure they're on company letter head.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Yes, a bank statement should work. Just explain that in the letter from company, "we typically don't give out salary slips but you can see the salary deposited monthly in X's account".

The reference letter would work as well. Shows a strong tie.

And goes without saying, make sure they're on company letter head.
Undoubtedly, they will be on company letter head.

Thanks for the discussion and guidance, it enhances my confidence.

I think this would all enough to prove my employment. Moreover, I don't have anything else to support my application;).
I will also try for salary slips. Would three months slips is enough to support the application.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Just do your best. It's all anyone can do.
Do I need to show funds for the survival of my wife and kids, during my study in Canada. However, my father will take care of their expenses and also my wife is working as a teacher in kindergarten but her salary is very low.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi yes,

I have 8 years of experience and got offer letter from University and my visa is approved. I would suggest to go with the university as chances are more and make sure to mention letter of intention clearly.
Had you filed your application under SPP category??

Oct 16, 2020
Has any working professional with 7-8 years of work ex & an offer letter from Canadian University applied for the student visa recently? If yes, then it would be great to connect & exchange information.
Hi did you get your student visa? as I also want to apply and I have 13 years work ex.