+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
I'm in the long gap boat. I did my undergrad in 2010 and since then was working in a different field to my degree. In 2021, I applied for a Masters and got the admission but visa was refused due to one clause 'Purpose of Visit'. I had not submitted a SOP and my application was purely done by myself through YouTube videos and SDS checklist. I'm waiting on GCMS notes (25 June) and I wish to apply the very next day from it. Lesson learnt, ALWAYS ALWAYS attach and SOP and not act like a hero like myself.
Also I agree, you can get a sample from an agent but customize and write the SOP yourself as it would be 100% genuine.
Which university you got the admission?

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
On GCKEY
What does it say in front of Medical, Bio and Background?
Mine is Medical passed
Bio Complete
Background Complete

Also do they check your entire application and then refuse or they refuse on the first thing they spot and not check the rest?
They check each and every document carefully. Make strong SOP justify your study. All the best.

Reactions: Sblue

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hello Friends,

I have an uplifting news for the individuals who have long education gap. I just got my stage one approval a week ago. I have been following up
this forum continuously from last 7-8 months and I have learnt numerous thing from here ,so today I chose to share my experience with the goal that it could help other people who are in dilemma that they will get study grant after a long gap or not
Unquestionably GAP isn't an issue , you simply need to portrait your self to Visa officer in SOP that this course is going to transform you and will open up bunches of opportunities for you. You just have to justify your gap and i believe for experienced folks its very easy to justify.
Below is my profile.
10TH & 12TH : 87%
B Tech (Chemical engineering) : 2008 pass out (75%)
Working in a multi national company : Experience 12 years (India)
Opted for Master's degree one year program.
Visa filed on 22 May 2020
Got AIP (Fist phase approval 17 Aug 2020)
Non SDS

You simply need to do some homework from your end and underneath are the points and what I did before applying for visa so I can make my application more grounded
1 - Attempt to go for a further extent then what you have at the present time. ( I have Bachelors degree so I intended to go for master's degree).
2 - If you have more than 6 years of experience try to select a course which is related to your work experience, so that it will be easier for you to explain in SOP.
3 - Attempt to show your accomplishments, grants and scholarships in 4-5 lines.
4 - Briefly elaborate your work , attempt to relate your work with your course and include any great turns of phrase.
5 - Try not to go to any consultant in light of the fact that at very first movement point they will reveal to you that as a result of GAP your odds are extremely less and afterward then will attempt to persuade you
to set off for college for a certificate where they bring in some cash after you join that school. Attempt to look on google get the educational list and find you appropriate course and that collage / University should be under DLI list and i telling you Canada's education process is very transparent and easy to apply . I did every thing myself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

6 - Attempt to file visa yourself trust me its extremely simple and you are the person who knows and can do the best for yourself.
If you will do it through consultant at that point they won't center more around you as they probably am aware your changes are less compared to others having less gap.

7- Sop : it should be crisp and clear , attempt to put header on head of each paragraph ( Mine sop is of 2 pages and I utilized the header to clarify about myself)
The following is the arrangement of my SOP ( Please dont ask me to send SOP as i have personal information in that and i cannot share it with anyone, hope everyone will understand) , below is the arrangement of my SOP.

- Introduction : Small intro about yourself
- ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND: In this para try to highlight your achievements in few line and focus more on your work experience , technology used and try to relate it with you course
- FUNDS AVAILABLE: Just tell the approximate figure in CAD
- WHY CANADA? Explain why you have chosen Canada for further studies
- WHY ? UNIVERSITY & REASONS FOR CHOOSING MASTERS IN ? clarify why u have chosen this college ( brief them about college and a few subjects you like in that course and how it's gonna benefit you in your career)
- FUTURE PLANS: Mention to them what you will do after this course and how the job market is widely open in your home country for you after finishing this course.
- CONCLUSION:

8 - Remember most imp part in SOP is to relate your work experience (if you are have long gap) with your education and what you will accomplish after finishing it.
likewise, how this will benefit you in your future at long last yet not least what is the expansion and openings for work in your home country.
(dont mention i will go back to my home country bla bla , simply educate them regarding the activity opportunities in you sharpen nation and you intend to develop in the organization)
9 - Try to provide as many documents as you can .Make sure Visa officer should not get confused with any document so if you have more documents in a single file try to put table of content on the first page. ( i was having 12-13 docs in Financial proof PDF and 19-20 docs in client information PDF)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no
Financial Support Letter 1
Letter from Bank - ? (self/spouse) 2

Funds (Try to show latest twice your education fee) : I applied through Non - SDS
: Financial Support Letter (if your spouse works)
: Spouse employment letter
: Show bank statement for last 4 month with bank stamp on it.(self and spouse)
: Get a letter from bank which states about you fund in CAD and your last 4 month Avg balance in CAD. (self and spouse)
: Pay slips (self and spouse)
: Income tax return (self and spouse).

Other documents :
: Sop
: IELTS Score (Mine was 8)
: Current Employment offer letter ( If your working right now)
: Transcript
: All mark-sheets (10 & 12 ,graduation and Degree)
: Marriage certificate (if married)
: certifications
: All previous experience letters

So folks trust me anybody can do it these means on his own simply have confidence in yourself and don't permit consultants to pass judgment on you or send you negative waves and be straightforward in SOP and I am 100% certain you will get what you need. (Same thing happened to me and after that i just listened to my heart and decided to do everything myself, there are lots of kind people in this form who will help you whenever you have any concerns)

Good luck to everyone and keep helping others in this forum. This is all what I have encountered up until this point.

For those who have EE profile , dont worry even i have one but i withdrew it before applying SP (Just to be on safer side).

**one more point my education is in different platform compared to my professional career (B.tech in chemical engineering and Work exp in Software industry so i worked on my SOP and attempted to relate my involvement in selected course.
Congrats

IT is encouraging to read about cases like yours. I too have a huge gap.

Thanks for sharing
:)

Reactions: coolcham

goKannedago

Jul 18, 2021
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
Hey!
How are you? Just joined here and saw this message. Can you please update how's your Canada journey?

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.
@ketan, did you get your visa ?

Jul 25, 2021
Hello Everyone, i need some suggestions.

Profile:
Btech in Civil Engineering- 2014-18

After that joined a company as a Business development associate position which is basically Sales profile in non technical field. Feb 2019-Aug 2020

After August 2020 till now I am unemployed.

Planning to go for PGDM in Marketing. Many of the consultant told me that I will not get Visa in this field as I have bachelor in Civil engg.

Then I decided to go for PGDM in Construction project management. But then some consultant told me that after civil you have gap of 2.5 yrs and you have work exp in sales so you can't go for CPM, your Visa will be rejected.

Can anyone help me out to find a way. I am not able to understand whether I am eligible or not. If yes then which course should I go for.

goKannedago

Jul 18, 2021
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.

Hi Ketan.
I am trying for the study visa too for January 2022 intake. I have 9 years gap. Would you like to connect?

Akshay shah

Sep 17, 2021
Hey
You will definately get your visa
Just choose a relevant course and apply for visa with propwr justification about the gap.
I also received my visa, 5 yrs study gap
Hello, i wanna ask you that, i completed my diploma in automotive engineering in 2018 thereafter i have gap years of 3.5 year should i justify this gap with job experience letter?? I have only experience letter as they were giving me salary on hand.also i don't have a payslips

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
@Aesopzai
Hello ,
Which University did you enroll in ?
What are the key points you mentioned in SOP to justify 13y gap ?

Hello Irenejohn,

A study gap can be justified through:

√ Employment
√ Extracurricular Activities
√ Voluntary Activities
√ Freelancing
√ Research (further learning)
√ Family (raising children)
√ etc.

If you are unsure of which university to enroll with, check out:

√ University of Windsor
√ Memorial University
√ University of Victoria
√ University of British Columbia
√ McMaster University
√ Concordia University
√ Simon Fraser University
√ Thompson Rivers University

If you think you will need assistance writing your SOP, check with GCMSWriters.com or reach out to them on Instagram/Twitter/Telegram: @GCMSWriters

Regards,

JS

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
I've 13 years gap but its experience in job.. intake jan 2022..MBA
Even I have a 15 year gap. I have got admission in NYIT, waiting for UBC's decision too. Would got for UBC, if I am fortunate enough to get it. Have you got your visa, you mentioned you'll be doing your MBA?