+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
So here is the problem, after working for 17 years you should apply to master program in University. There is a very high chance that with diploma program the visa will get rejected.
Thank you. Are the masterals in Canada which don't require recommendation letters? Thanks.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Thank you. Are the masterals in Canada which don't require recommendation letters? Thanks.
For master admittance most of the universities will require two References. This can be 2 professional reference or 2 educational reference or 1 prof & 1 edu. For Course based Master's, recommendation from university professors are not required. However, when applying for project based or thesis based masters such reference is needed.
You should try looking for masters which are only course based and you can make your application using 2 professional reference.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
For master admittance most of the universities will require two References. This can be 2 professional reference or 2 educational reference or 1 prof & 1 edu. For Course based Master's, recommendation from university professors are not required. However, when applying for project based or thesis based masters such reference is needed.
You should try looking for masters which are only course based and you can make your application using 2 professional reference.
Thank you. I may have a hard time because I've burned bridges..

thomasp307

Jul 12, 2019

Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.7 years education gap- 6.5 years experience (+2 years in between Diploma and Graduation) and at the age of 33, Married, Two Kid. All the best

All the best.. Never ever give up, I will say, just listen to your heart and leave rest on God.

Could you please provide details about which university and course you applied, did you take help from consultants? I am also in similar situation planning to apply with 13 years gap and age 35

thomasp307

Jul 12, 2019
Congrats, mate!

I have 24 years study gap myself with 22 years experience, age 47. Approved for Jan 19 intake :)

Could you please provide details about which university and course you applied, did you take help from consultants? I am also in similar situation planning to apply with 14 years gap and age 35

Kay 18

Jan 26, 2020
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
I have EE profile. Can I apply for student visa? Completed my masters in 2017 in distance learning from SMU. 6+ years of work experience. CRS:361.
Kindly Suggest.

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Can u please ur share SOP chugh_mahak@yahoo.co.in

Hi guys myself Varun..B tech Computer Science 2009 Graduate. Work experience of 7 years. After my grad I did a 6 months .net course and joined a firm as software engineer and worked there for 10 months. Then I join a scheduled commercial bank as a probationary officer and has now completed 6 yrs 9 months in banking sector. I got offer letter from Georgian college for big data analytics. I applied for visa through online portal by myself and it got rejected stating documents not complete. I had not paid my first semester fee and I was unaware of GIC. I decided to approach a reputed agency to apply for my Visa the second time. All the reputed agency I called said that you are not eligible due to 8 yrs education gap. Finally Santa Monica accepted to apply for my Visa..They told me they will not give any guarantee. But I gave them everything they asked for and my Visa got approved this April 19th and I am planning to reach there by 5th of May
Can

Reactions: Bankueba

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

All the best.. Never ever give up. Like i always say age is just a number.
Can u please ur share SOP chugh_mahak@yahoo.co.in

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I have EE profile. Can I apply for student visa? Completed my masters in 2017 in distance learning from SMU. 6+ years of work experience. CRS:361.
Kindly Suggest.
It's doesn't matter.
You can apply. I also have EE profile but very low CRS hence trying this route

Reactions: arindam.d

NilamInd

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys sorry for the late reply
Yes,I got my visa when I reapplied. I reapplied with strong SOP and gave the income tax returns of my parents,my wife and myself for the past two to three years to show them that me and all my family members are stable and my main intention is to come back after studies..I reapplied for my visa through Santa Monica agency. They converted the offer letter taken by me as an offer letter taken through them so that they could get the commission and only charged me a nominal fee of Rs.2500 for visa processing. All those documents stated above were produced as told by them and I got my visa within 20 days...Right now I am in my last semester of Big Data Analytics and will apply for my PR after that..There are There are about 3 to 4 people in my course who has more than 5 years of education gap..I think if you can prove that if the course you take can enhance your career your visa will be approved
It would be very helpful to me, if you share me which branch ( Hyderabad or Bangalore) of Santa Monica did you applied?