+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

mumittarafder

Feb 17, 2017
Hello I'm from Bangladesh. I want to apply for undergraduate program in canada but I have 4 years study gap. Can I apply for undergradute program. I've completed my higher secondary study in 2013.

Ali Syed

Feb 25, 2019
Hey,
I hope you all doing well. I need to know that, I have completed my 12th grade (I.com), can i apply for study visa for Canada i have 8 years gap in my studies in between i was working, i have my summary for my gap clarification?

thanks...

annfine96

Apr 26, 2019
i have a MBA completed in december 2013 and have gap of 4 years now i want to peruse further education in Canada. in those gap years i was working. will i get admission in university and what about visa. i just want to study and then come back as soon as possible that why i am applying for 1 year certification program

Shamsher76

Jun 15, 2015
Guys, my wife plans to apply for Insurance course in Canada as she is an Insurance professional. Few questions
1. Any suggestions for a good and less costly college?
2. Tips to convince Visa officer why she is applying after 15 years of completion of studies.

12rose12

May 11, 2019
i have a MBA completed in december 2013 and have gap of 4 years now i want to peruse further education in Canada. in those gap years i was working. will i get admission in university and what about visa. i just want to study and then come back as soon as possible that why i am applying for 1 year certification program
yes definitely ...gap is not any issue ..I have also 3 year educational gap ..n got Visa....without any difficulty ...

May 15, 2019
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
Hi
Have you got any positive feedback?

shivavb

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

All the best.. Never ever give up. Like i always say age is just a number.
Hi Rinda,

What do you mean by "deffered if for September" as i can see many times visa gets rejected we have around 3 years notice period in company how to plan our resignation , it would be great help if you can reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Rinda,

What do you mean by "deffered if for September" as i can see many times visa gets rejected we have around 3 years notice period in company how to plan our resignation , it would be great help if you can reply
A 3 year notice period. That is crazy. Nobody can guarantee whether or not you will get a permit and visa especially 3 years from now. Defer means move something to later like admission date. The university/college has to approve the deferral. Not all allow.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi Rinda,

A three year notice period will be entirely unenforceable in any common law country. What country are you from?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Sir,
Please guide me..I am worried
In 2012 I did my B.com Computer application
In 2015 I completed my MBA in finance
From 2013 to 2018 I was working as an senior associate in US firm related to update into database (US health care related)
I did got LOA from Montreal college of information technology of Business analyst program 1 year
Sir pls advise me ..what are the chances of visa approval
Honestly would think you will have problems since it seems like you already have these skills through MBA and work experience. Do you not qualify for economic immigration ?

Navneet.nk

Jun 15, 2019
i completed my 12th grade in 2014(51%) and after that I have 2.5 years of gap and recently completed ma 3 years in bachelors in business administration in may 2019 with 62% (no backlogs) and right now preparing of ielts so what i need to show for ma 2 years gap and is my case clear?
please help

RenuDalal2

Jun 25, 2019
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.
Hi! I too have a educational gap of 5 yrs and I don't have any experience.but my scenario is a bit different.i have Canada PR.bt my concern is that if I take admission in 2020 in Canada university,would this gap and no experience thing effect my job opportunities in Canada?
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.

Shabiii

Apr 18, 2018
Hi
I'm 38, have 13 years of job experience and 13 years of gap. I'm married and have 2 kids. last year I have applied for Canada immigration through Self-employed stream but I got rejected. Now I have an admission from SFU in BC in a Master program related to my B.A. I'm so afraid of getting rejected once again.
Can someone please tell me, is it possible to get rejected because of age, gap and a rejection history?