+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

Punam AECC

Aug 7, 2017
Hyderabad
Hello,

My name is shreya and I was planning to go for student visa canada although I have 8 years of study gap and I am 31 year old ... does it matter or we still manage to get admission and visa.
Regards,

Shreya
Hi Shreya,

I am an agent and sharing a success story of my student who had 8yr and a half year of a gap after her intermediate, she got a visa for Sept 2018 intake in Conestoga. Its all about the profile to profile and program choice.

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I very much like this thread and want to follow since I'm in same situation, having about 8 years gap, got refused in 2017 want to re-apply by 2019 or 2020... Applied for caips and V. O cited that, "Applicant has not provided a compelling reason for study in Canada, PA does not appear to have previously travelled to Canada and no other apparent previous travel. Course being funded by uncle. PA is single, current work is low paid. Having reviewed the application, I'm not satisfied as to the reason applicant wishes to enroll in this program.... ".

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I very much like this thread and want to follow since I'm in same situation, having about 8 years gap, got refused in 2017 want to re-apply by 2019 or 2020... Applied for caips and V. O cited that, "Applicant has not provided a compelling reason for study in Canada, PA does not appear to have previously travelled to Canada and no other apparent previous travel. Course being funded by uncle. PA is single, current work is low paid. Having reviewed the application, I'm not satisfied as to the reason applicant wishes to enroll in this program.... ".
Hoping to learn from your experiences t in order to apply it to my situation. And to know how best to solve these reasons cited by the V. O.

Punam AECC

Aug 7, 2017
Hyderabad
They have clearly said the reason, please clear them with your valuable answer
First- Why you want to study in canada, second- check your application, may be you have mentioned somewhere that you have travelled to canada previously
Fund- Shows your sponsor funds as many can sponsor you with good income

Best of luck

Harika2511

May 20, 2018
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

All the best.. Never ever give up. Like i always say age is just a number.
I would be grateful if you could please share your email id so that I can contact you.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018

Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.7 years education gap- 6.5 years experience (+2 years in between Diploma and Graduation) and at the age of 33, Married, Two Kid. All the best

All the best.. Never ever give up, I will say, just listen to your heart and leave rest on God.

Last edited:

Navi.1

Nov 2, 2018
Hi Shreya,

I am an agent and sharing a success story of my student who had 8yr and a half year of a gap after her intermediate, she got a visa for Sept 2018 intake in Conestoga. Its all about the profile to profile and program choice.

Hi Punam, please share your email address or contact details to discuss further.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.7 years education gap- 6.5 years experience (+2 years in between Diploma and Graduation) and at the age of 33, Married, Two Kid. All the best

All the best.. Never ever give up, I will say, just listen to your heart and leave rest on God.
Congrats, mate!

I have 24 years study gap myself with 22 years experience, age 47. Approved for Jan 19 intake :)

prashant_joe

Nov 14, 2018
hi Shreya
I have an experience of 4+ years in one bank, 6 months in another bank and 8 months in a networking company. i did my B.Tech in 2011 but now I want to study again and do masters in Banking. Is it possible for me to go.

PLzz help. thanx