+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

All the best.. Never ever give up. Like i always say age is just a number.
Wow ! Many many congrats and I feel so elated for you. Good luck !

If you have time, can you list the documents you submitted and the order in which you arranged it. It will really help other folks.

Finally, what is the average length of SOP (in context of MS-Word document) and what points you covered in it. Thanks !

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

Many Many congratulations and please guide us also what supporting documents you attached with the application and what you write in S.O.P. so that others could also achieve this difficult feat.

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah

congrats,,,i'm in a similar situation...which college did u get admitted in

viniz

Jul 30, 2018

great news!! Can you pls tell which college u applied?

siri@

Aug 3, 2018
Hey have u got ur visa? Any updat??

Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.

rravi

Aug 6, 2018
Hi all

new in this forum . I have 3 years of gap between 1st and 2nd of year of gradution ( in 3 year of gap following thing i did - one year i prepare for b.tech, did 1st and 2nd year of b.tech for next 2 year and then drop put and join 2nd year of college from previous regular college but this time i join as distance education mode ) .. applying for canda PR .. any one know will it be an issue ?

pjp.comp

Jul 30, 2018
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.
Hey, Ketan i also need your help to get study visa having the gap of 7 years. Still, i don't have IELTS score because i am worried of rejections. Please, can you share me your contact detail for guidance?

Last edited:

JJ1710

Aug 6, 2018
My name is Jignesh and I passed 12 std 9 yrs ago, now I want to go to Canada for further studies but many agents told me that this gap is not acceptable. So, I thought what if I do bechlor in India and then apply for masters in Canada. My gap will be filled up. Can someone go this way? If they doesn't get student visa, so can they do bechlor in their country and again apply for Master, so they doesn't have any gap issue after that.

Sep 28, 2018
Hello,

My name is shreya and I was planning to go for student visa canada although I have 8 years of study gap and I am 31 year old ... does it matter or we still manage to get admission and visa.
Regards,

Shreya
Hie shreya, m at same situation. Can u please tell me that u have got study visa?

Feb 6, 2018
Hai Varun,

Did you got your visa?
Pleae reply
Hi guys sorry for the late reply
Yes,I got my visa when I reapplied. I reapplied with strong SOP and gave the income tax returns of my parents,my wife and myself for the past two to three years to show them that me and all my family members are stable and my main intention is to come back after studies..I reapplied for my visa through Santa Monica agency. They converted the offer letter taken by me as an offer letter taken through them so that they could get the commission and only charged me a nominal fee of Rs.2500 for visa processing. All those documents stated above were produced as told by them and I got my visa within 20 days...Right now I am in my last semester of Big Data Analytics and will apply for my PR after that..There are There are about 3 to 4 people in my course who has more than 5 years of education gap..I think if you can prove that if the course you take can enhance your career your visa will be approved