+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa - 3rd attempt

mskp2507

Feb 24, 2023
Hi,
I am applying for a student visa, and this is my third attempt. I was previously applying to Humber College for a post-baccalaureate program in IT. In this application ,I am applying to Cape Breton University for a post-baccalaureate program in Business Administration.

Below are my reasons for rejection, please advise on how I should tackle them and provide a strong statement of purpose.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  4. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I have not traveled much apart from India, Tanzania, and Uganda. I am a Kenyan resident. My parents are in Kenya and have shown proof of this through employment letters. I have shown 1 year of tuition + accommodation costs in the bank statements.

What need I do to prevent a 3rd rejection?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am applying for a student visa, and this is my third attempt. I was previously applying to Humber College for a post-baccalaureate program in IT. In this application ,I am applying to Cape Breton University for a post-baccalaureate program in Business Administration.

Below are my reasons for rejection, please advise on how I should tackle them and provide a strong statement of purpose.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  4. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I have not traveled much apart from India, Tanzania, and Uganda. I am a Kenyan resident. My parents are in Kenya and have shown proof of this through employment letters. I have shown 1 year of tuition + accommodation costs in the bank statements.

Thanks in advance.
Need to know your profile - age, work experience, education, length or program.

- Travel History is to UK, US, NZ and AUS.
- How old are you? If over 22, family ties are spouse and children not parents.
- Purpose - How are you justifying costs? If you have a job now, what better job will you have to justify costs. If program plus living expenses is around $35k then how much more will you make to show career progression. Why a business program? Are you in a management position now?
- Funds: Are they your own funds. How long is program? If two years then how are you paying for the second year?

mskp2507

Feb 24, 2023
Need to know your profile - age, work experience, education, length or program.

- Travel History is to UK, US, NZ and AUS.
- How old are you? If over 22, family ties are spouse and children not parents.
- Purpose - How are you justifying costs? If you have a job now, what better job will you have to justify costs. If program plus living expenses is around $35k then how much more will you make to show career progression. Why a business program? Are you in a management position now?
- Funds: Are they your own funds. How long is program? If two years then how are you paying for the second year?
I am 24 years of age. I have 5 years of experience as an IT business analyst, with an undergraduate degree in Information systems. The program is 2 years long.
I have not traveled to UK,US, NZ or AUS.
I am single, and have no children.
As I am a junior business analyst right now, doing a business-related course will allow me to become a manager as it is a requirement to have a business background at managerial positions. The program cost with accommodation is going to be $48K. This education will get me a salary bump of $20K pa.

I have my own funds of ~USD33K, though my sister is going to be my sponsor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am 24 years of age. I have 5 years of experience as an IT business analyst, with an undergraduate degree in Information systems. The program is 2 years long.
As I am a junior business analyst right now, doing a business-related course will allow me to become a manager as it is a requirement to have a business background at managerial positions. The program cost with accommodation is going to be $48K. This education will get me a salary bump of $20K pa.

How is your sister your sponsor if you have your own funds? Don’t know what pa means? Again if you can show career progression it may work. You are not building on your education. If refused, consider a masters.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How much funds have you shown from your sister? Is that all her savings? Where does she live? What is your education history? University bachelor degree? 2 year degree? Assume done if your experience is part-time if you have 5 years as a business analyst but are only 24.

mpho_sissonkiwe

Feb 20, 2023
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

mpho_sissonkiwe

Feb 20, 2023
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Hey there. Were you successful in placing in another application? Please let me know.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, a quick question,
I just applied for GCMS notes, and I did not have to pay anything. I thought there was a $5 fee for ordering the GCMS notes. I just wanted to make sure I filled out the right form. However, for the means of delivery, I chose email. Could that have waived the fee?

I went to the following link and followed the step: I did it for the student visa refusal.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

First of all, well done. You are a very successful 24 year old in your own right and despite what happens with your application, you should be proud of your achievements especially coming from a 'developing country'.
To improve you chances:
1. Have your sister transfer funds to your account. You will want to make this amount as high as possible. You do not want to make the bare minimum the maximum amount possible. Include land, and property valuations of your parents.
2. Enroll in a Master's or MBA program - the more renowned the school the better. You do not see many people getting rejected from top-ranked universities for a reason.
3. Have your employer right a letter stating they'll hire you back once you're done with your program, preferably in a more senior title.
4. Really polish your SOP. If you have time, you will want to get the GCSM notes, but not sure how long they take these days.

Good luck.

mpho_sissonkiwe

Feb 20, 2023
Hi, a quick question,
I just applied for GCMS notes, and I did not have to pay anything. I thought there was a $5 fee for ordering the GCMS notes. I just wanted to make sure I filled out the right form. However, for the means of delivery, I chose email. Could that have waived the fee?

I went to the following link and followed the step: I did it for the student visa refusal.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!!
It's definitely not free in my opinion if you are not from Canada but let's wait and see what happens. Also, can I ask please, Did you apply online or used a paper-based application?

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Before applying for 2nd or 3rd time, first please get the Full GCMS notes to understand the full and detailed reasons why the Visa officer rejected your first or 2nd applications. You can write a detailed Letter of Explanation (LOE instead of SOP) to alleviate the specific concerns raised by the visa office that led to the refusal.