+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa 2019, Pakistan students lets gather here and share our status..

Owaismk937

Mar 6, 2019
Assalamualaikum everyone,

Has anyone applied for May 2019 intake , I have apoplied for Seneca college and submitted study permit application on 20th Feb 2019 along with biometrics.

Please let me know if someone else has also applied and what is their current status showing.

Thanks

Last edited:

Haider Nisar

Dec 14, 2018
Ahan same here , But not updated anything else since 10 days almost. I just saw that the processing time is showing 25 weeks and for India its 5 weeks
I am applying next week from United Kingdom for Georgian College, let's see how long it take from UK , because on website it showing 23 weeks from UK,
I am originally from Pakistan

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@Owaismk937

Any info on how might a student loan go with CIC especially for candidates from PK? I could not find much about it. Thoughts are highly appreciated.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
W Salam.
I applied for Study Permit on 11st Feb, Biometric done on 14th Feb.
Still processing.
Do you have any info on how a student loan may go with CIC? And please do let us know your experiences so far so we can benefit from your advice. Many thanks.

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Can anyone tell me that how many days it take to receive biometric request after applying for study permit.
I received a request the following day. It should not take more than a day or two.

Once you receive the request, you will be required to schedule an appointment for Biometric Enrolment through VFS Global. This should technically be a simple online process. However, I have been struggling to get an appointment in Pakistan as there's a glitch on their scheduling website which does not allow you to select a date and time on the calendar. I also tried calling them, but no one answered. Then I used a Live Chat option on the website to talk to an agent who claimed that the entire month of March was booked, and that I should keep refreshing the website in case "additional slots" are made available in March. He also claimed that slots for April have not been opened.

This is all very questionable and suspicious, because the whole purpose of scheduling appointments is to be able to book a slot in advance! If anyone has any advice, please help us out.

spacer15

Dec 3, 2018
Pakistani student here, I applied for Masters in computer science in Bishop university, Western University, Windsor university, and Manitoba University,

Got rejected by windsor and manitoba uni, whereas western hasn't replied yet, I don't have any hopes for being selected into western anyways.

Selected by bishop university but I am not going there because of job limitations, so I have now started to apply at colleges in Canada, have applied today for a graduate certificate from Durham College, lets see where the world takes me :)

FoxZone

Jan 3, 2019
Pakistani student here, I applied for Masters in computer science in Bishop university, Western University, Windsor university, and Manitoba University,

Got rejected by windsor and manitoba uni, whereas western hasn't replied yet, I don't have any hopes for being selected into western anyways.

Selected by bishop university but I am not going there because of job limitations, so I have now started to apply at colleges in Canada, have applied today for a graduate certificate from Durham College, lets see where the world takes me :)
Do not loss hope bro!! Be positive!! can you please share when did you apply in manitoba uni and when did you got a rejection and what is your profile as i also apply in master in CS since that my application is under review from dept since last 4 week.

Ur info will sure help me.

spacer15

Dec 3, 2018
Do not loss hope bro!! Be positive!! can you please share when did you apply in manitoba uni and when did you got a rejection and what is your profile as i also apply in master in CS since that my application is under review from dept since last 4 week.

Ur info will sure help me.

I had done BsCS from FAST NUCES Karachi, I had a CGPA of 2.72/4, it converts to 71.6 % according to the grading scheme of my University.

I had applied on the 4th of January of 2019, and had received the rejection letter on the 10th of January 2019. My program was Masters of Computer Science (Course Based). I was given no reason just a letter stating that I was rejected.

I hope you get admitted into the university.