+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Rejected for Unclear Reasons

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
So did you finnaly get the visa

Archit!?
I applied again on 29th June, Bangalore, offline.

I have an admit from Waterloo, first year fees are paid, I have GIC, property documents, CA wealth evaluation, I have a strong but short SOP and a crisp Rejection explanation letter as well.

Hopefully it comes through this time. I can't tell you how helpful the response from Canadavisa.com has been for my re-application!

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
profile :
10th 2010 - 8.0
12th 2012 - 71%
B.tech Ece 2016 - 80.5%
experience web dev - 1.5 yrs
ielts 7.5 ntl 6.5
lambton college - mobile application development
one sem fees paid
SPP category
GIC $10200
Applied on 30th april 2018.

linked my offline application to gckey on 3rd july 2018 and it shows ur application is refused.

I don't know why they have refused my application. I have everything good. I can share my SOP if anyone interested.

Please guide me through this. I am really tensed and want to know where i lagged.
please share your sop

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
Hi Kunal,

Did you show any property documents or CA wealth evaluation document with your application?

The reason I am asking that is, these documents show you have a well-established family in India that you will return to. I also noticed you have not explained your future plans after education. VO likes to see what will you do after this degree, and the expectation is you will return to India and justify your decision to do so in your SOP. Also, you need to mention why you did not choose India for higher education?

My application was rejected and these were the missing things. I very much suspect it will be the same for you. Best thing to do right now would be to ask for a admission deferral at your college, wait for rejection letter and also apply for GCMS notes. Only then apply again.

Archit
My agent said that your SOP is good and there is no need to edit it. I didn't mention things like, future plans, come back to INDIA.
And is GCMS is Caips notes?

I haven't received my passport yet so I cannot apply right now for the same intake.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
I applied again on 29th June, Bangalore, offline.

I have an admit from Waterloo, first year fees are paid, I have GIC, property documents, CA wealth evaluation, I have a strong but short SOP and a crisp Rejection explanation letter as well.

Hopefully it comes through this time. I can't tell you how helpful the response from Canadavisa.com has been for my re-application!
the day you got your passport before that was VFS tracking id showing you that your passport has been dispatched?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
My agent said that your SOP is good and there is no need to edit it. I didn't mention things like, future plans, come back to INDIA.
And is GCMS is Caips notes?

I haven't received my passport yet so I cannot apply right now for the same intake.
I have seen a lot of SOPs in past one month while preparing mine and in my humble opinion your SOP misses out on answers to some key questions that a VO would expect. Check out this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-write-sop-to-visa-officer.447719/

As you read through this SOP, you will see why these questions makes sense as well. If you apply again I recommend revamping your SOP and definitely dump the consultant. Try some other consultant as well.

Yes, GCMS is caips notes. And regarding this intake, I assume it is too late to may be apply again for you. If that is the case, send an email to College asking for an admission deferral. Once that goes through you can properly apply again.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
I have seen a lot of SOPs in past one month while preparing mine and in my humble opinion your SOP misses out on answers to some key questions that a VO would expect. Check out this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-write-sop-to-visa-officer.447719/

As you read through this SOP, you will see why these questions makes sense as well. If you apply again I recommend revamping your SOP and definitely dump the consultant. Try some other consultant as well.

Yes, GCMS is caips notes. And regarding this intake, I assume it is too late to may be apply again for you. If that is the case, send an email to College asking for an admission deferral. Once that goes through you can properly apply again.
Okay, like I talked to agents and they said that the college is full for next intake and I probably get admission in MAY intake, which is really far.
So he told me that I should go for other colleges who are giving seats for JAN intake. He referred me Durham College, OSHAWA with Project Management course.
So now I settle on like we request Lambton college to refund our fees and I opt new college with a new course and apply new file for JAN intake.

What do you think? is this a good idea? else i dont have alternative'

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Okay, like I talked to agents and they said that the college is full for next intake and I probably get admission in MAY intake, which is really far.
So he told me that I should go for other colleges who are giving seats for JAN intake. He referred me Durham College, OSHAWA with Project Management course.
So now I settle on like we request Lambton college to refund our fees and I opt new college with a new course and apply new file for JAN intake.

What do you think? is this a good idea? else i dont have alternative'
I was reading your SOP, and you seem like you have genuine interest in this field. Why don't you properly apply to some Universities like Dalhousie University or York or some other place which is not a college?

In any case, did you try talking to Lambton College yourself and explaining your situation? I think you should do that first.

The problem with consultants is, they will not always have your best interest at heart and might cheat you to earn more! Even if they have your best interest at heart, sometimes they are not qualified enough to guide you, which can be lethal for your application. But, no one will admit all these things. I have experienced it.

If you are going to take a deferral anyways, I would say go for start applying to reputable Universities and not college if you have genuine interest in your field. But I understand it might be too late for you, in which case wait for GCMS notes and then apply again under SDS (Study Direct Stream)

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
I was reading your SOP, and you seem like you have genuine interest in this field. Why don't you properly apply to some Universities like Dalhousie University or York or some other place which is not a college?

In any case, did you try talking to Lambton College yourself and explaining your situation? I think you should do that first.

The problem with consultants is, they will not always have your best interest at heart and might cheat you to earn more! Even if they have your best interest at heart, sometimes they are not qualified enough to guide you, which can be lethal for your application. But, no one will admit all these things. I have experienced it.

If you are going to take a deferral anyways, I would say go for start applying to reputable Universities and not college if you have genuine interest in your field. But I understand it might be too late for you, in which case wait for GCMS notes and then apply again under SDS (Study Direct Stream)
@kunalnayyar , Also, if you receive rejection letter before 15th July and it is something that you can immediately rectify then I think you can re-apply before last week of July and still join Lambton for Sept intake

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018

I have a seat in Carleton University, But i have talked to other students who are studying in universities and they are like, universities focus more on theory and on research part. If you want some really market skills, you should go to SPP colleges and personally, I prefer skills over a degree.

I want to go to college and m happy with that. But I want a visa in my hand. :(
I think i should mail lambton and talk to them but then they will ask for refusal letter and i didnt have any. I just checked my refusal at GC key portal.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
can I have your cell number as you also have good proile and still got rejected so you reapplied.
So I want to be in touch with you.
only if you are comfortable.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
I have a seat in Carleton University, But i have talked to other students who are studying in universities and they are like, universities focus more on theory and on research part. If you want some really market skills, you should go to SPP colleges and personally, I prefer skills over a degree.

I want to go to college and m happy with that. But I want a visa in my hand. :(
I think i should mail lambton and talk to them but then they will ask for refusal letter and i didnt have any. I just checked my refusal at GC key portal.
Yes, wait for the rejection letter. Go through proper channels (not sure which because they dont have a phone number and they never reply to emails) and take consultant's help with this,

In my opinion Carleton is way better than any other college. Granted you might not get ALL the course you want to learn. But you will learn things from a "University" which holds its own value. Whether you want to work in Canada or in India, the University tag will certainly help you. A college diploma does not hold such value, as far as I know.