+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDENT overseas Covid-19

Abdullahi98

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, I am in another forum and I read that someone travelled last night. She only mentioned Air Canada is not providing meals (just a small snack) and the blankets or pillows, so it is better to be prepared for this. Have a nice trip back to Canada!
Can yu confirm if she is a study permit holder past march 18th

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Can yu confirm if she is a study permit holder past march 18th
Yes, she had her Student permit approved before March 18th (also her husband is returning with her in the OWP) and she is returning to Canada after holidays and she will self isolate for 14 days. That's what she wrote...

Last edited:

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
Yes, she had her Student permit approved before March 18th (also her husband is returning with her in the OWP) and she is returning to Canada after holidays and she will self isolate for 14 days. That's what she wrote...
Was she studying in canada before? I got approved in january but I had to defer to may, I am wondering if I am eligible to travel
Which forum was it?

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
Back in Canada now, all went smoothly other than checking in but they just wanted to see our activated permits.

Reactions: scylla

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
Back in Canada now, all went smoothly other than checking in but they just wanted to see our activated permits.
That's great! I got approved in January, am scared to travel. Are they issuing study permits?
Since summer semester will be online I asked my school if I could just stay in my country to study, they said they don't know. I figured I should just come to canada and see
Are you on break or will you be studying?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's great! I got approved in January, am scared to travel. Are they issuing study permits?
Since summer semester will be online I asked my school if I could just stay in my country to study, they said they don't know. I figured I should just come to canada and see
Are you on break or will you be studying?
You likely can’t remain in your home country and study if you want to apply for PGWP. If anything I would ask to defer admission to the fall semester and hopefully school will be running as usual at that point.