+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDENT overseas Covid-19

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
I had to go back to the uk last week for my spouses mothers funeral. We live in canada, I am studying my masters and my partner has an open work permit and a full time job. We now can't get back to canada because of the virus. Only us citizens, canadians and pr can get in. We have jobs, bill's and rent to pay. I guess I am not alone. Any advice? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had to go back to the uk last week for my spouses mothers funeral. We live in canada, I am studying my masters and my partner has an open work permit and a full time job. We now can't get back to canada because of the virus. Only us citizens, canadians and pr can get in. We have jobs, bill's and rent to pay. I guess I am not alone. Any advice? Thanks
Talk to your landlord, boss and school.

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
Any other advice? Theres reports from bill blair to say temporary residents and international students are allowed back in

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any other advice? Theres reports from bill blair to say temporary residents and international students are allowed back in
The details are fully published now and are very clear. Temorary residents and international students are not allowed back in unless they happen to have an immediate family member who is a citizen or PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
on 23rd March the IRCC website was updated with the following information:

Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

samn09

Jul 12, 2019
on 23rd March the IRCC website was updated with the following information:

Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
Thanks, I've seen. Got my return flight on saturday but just hanging out for the exemption to take place. Hopefully by tomorrow otherwise will have to cancel flight

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d be extremely surprised if the exemptions come into affect until the Government gains control of the situation, people stop being idiots and start following the mandatory quarantine rules for people arriving into the country . I would not be surprised if they even put in stricter rules regarding to the US border. In New York State it’s out of control .You’d all be placed into mandatory quarantine for two weeks regardless

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks, I've seen. Got my return flight on saturday but just hanging out for the exemption to take place. Hopefully by tomorrow otherwise will have to cancel flight
Just keep in mind 14 day isolation now declared mandatory for arrivals, no use of public transport on arrival , no stopping off anywhere but straight to place of residence/ isolation. Add to that upto 750k fine or 6 months jail time for anyone not complying. How they intend to police no idea but people should do the responsible thing.

Not a good time to be travelling any where

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mandatory-quarantine-hajdu-1.5509508

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Looks like we will be allowed as of yesterday evening?
Yes, I am in another forum and I read that someone travelled last night. She only mentioned Air Canada is not providing meals (just a small snack) and the blankets or pillows, so it is better to be prepared for this. Have a nice trip back to Canada!