+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in Sydney NS - is it a bad sign ?

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
Friends,

I have applied in Sep 2013 and my application was processed in Sydney in Jan and background checks were completed according to the agent as of today my application is still sitting in Sydney - I am little worried if this is a bad sign ?

Any thoughts on this is highly appreciated. its a joint application for my family 2 + 2kids, local office is Vancouver, bc

Thanks

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I am not an expert but I know there are some people that have the situation including me. It seems that is normal.any way we have no other choice, we have to wait.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
My question to you, how you come to know about your application still stuck in Sydney NS?
according to the post, he called the CIC

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application took 2.5 to 3 months to be transferred after Sydney has done the checks. Still routine. I don't know why. But sure there is a reason.

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
Desert Lion said:
My question to you, how you come to know about your application still stuck in Sydney NS?
I called them this week, the lady agent said, Your background checks are done and application is still in Sydney NS, and she was uanble to tell the reasons, when I asked to send a note to them....it seems I need to wait 24months to do so.

Not sure if this is normal, but agent said I need to consider myself as routine applicant and count for 24month timeline.

I think who passes CIC patiency test can pass any test in the world. ;D

Thanks.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mycanada_app said:
Friends,

I have applied in Sep 2013 and my application was processed in Sydney in Jan and background checks were completed according to the agent as of today my application is still sitting in Sydney - I am little worried if this is a bad sign ?

Any thoughts on this is highly appreciated. its a joint application for my family 2 + 2kids, local office is Vancouver, bc

Thanks
1. To get any useful response you need to tell us your Local Office which unless I'm missing it isn't in your post...anywhere not in Ontario will take 10-15 months from submission date for a file transfer or even longer.

2. Keep calling CIC and ask the question 'On what date was my file transferred to the Local office'...don't ask has my file been transferred as you will get a yes today, no tomorrow and its on its way the day after. Post transfer CIC has up to 9 months (their planned timeline not a legal standard) to schedule a test but it can go beyond this if they have capacity issues.

3. If your application is non routine then these timelines go out the window....the truth is that most of the processing time for Citizenship application is 'storage time' with your paperwork in a file room....whoever is renting storage out to CIC is making some serious cheddar!!

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. To get any useful response you need to tell us your Local Office which unless I'm missing it isn't in your post...anywhere not in Ontario will take 10-15 months from submission date for a file transfer or even longer.

2. Keep calling CIC and ask the question 'On what date was my file transferred to the Local office'...don't ask has my file been transferred as you will get a yes today, no tomorrow and its on its way the day after. Post transfer CIC has up to 9 months (their planned timeline not a legal standard) to schedule a test but it can go beyond this if they have capacity issues.

3. If your application is non routine then these timelines go out the window....the truth is that most of the processing time for Citizenship application is 'storage time' with your paperwork in a file room....whoever is renting storage out to CIC is making some serious cheddar!!
Msafiri,

I am reading your posts last 2months, they are very accurate with statistics and application movements by office, thanks for guiding many people in the forum, my office Vancouver BC.

Thanks

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Msafiri said:

Hi Msafiri
I have been reading your comments and your information has been very helpful and maybe you can help me to understand my situation better.to day I called cic and the agent told me that my office is going to be Windsor but my file is still in Sydney although back ground check is done and every thing is going well. assuming my file will be considered as a routine case, do you thing how long more they can keep my file in there? and since she said my office is going to be Windsor, does it mean that they are planning to transfer it or not .
thanks

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
I called them yesterday again ........no change in my file situation, it is still in Sydney and my background checks were completed in Jan'14....when I questioned them why it is still sitting there ? the agent gave me most generic answer some people get transferred in 3months, and others in 6months and 9months..........and my application is a routine so I need to wait 24months to contact them back, if the file is still in Sydney after 24months then the agent can send them a remainder to update the status, the most funniest part is, when agent says 24months each time........I wonder if she really knew what a 24month wait means ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is a gross injustice and disrespect to most of the applicants, how they are treating all of us...........and the whole RQ drama and pain most of people going through despite being played by rules and full filled requirements 100% :mad: :mad: :mad:

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The call centre is useful for basic questions. They are front line base support and often have little visibility into the details of an application.

madinaei

Apr 5, 2014
mycanada_app said:
Friends,

Thanks
Hi
i submit my application on jan 2011
i received RQ on jun 2012
send it back to them august 1st 2012
i received letter from local office on jan2014 ask for authorization for CBSA
still waiting it is more than 39 month now
is there any similar case
thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mycanada_app said:
I called them yesterday again ........no change in my file situation, it is still in Sydney and my background checks were completed in Jan'14....when I questioned them why it is still sitting there ? the agent gave me most generic answer some people get transferred in 3months, and others in 6months and 9months..........and my application is a routine so I need to wait 24months to contact them back, if the file is still in Sydney after 24months then the agent can send them a remainder to update the status, the most funniest part is, when agent says 24months each time........I wonder if she really knew what a 24month wait means ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is a gross injustice and disrespect to most of the applicants, how they are treating all of us...........and the whole RQ drama and pain most of people going through despite being played by rules and full filled requirements 100% :mad: :mad: :mad:
CIC closed down local offices across BC so all the workload is on fewer staff at the remaining centralized offices. Couple this with increased numbers applying to beat the language test and changing rules as well the surge of RQs from mid May 2012 into Q1 2013 and its a recipe for a lengthy wait. Add to this that BC has probably the second largest applicant pool after Ontario (China is the number one source of PRs and many head to BC).

CIC will eventually get to you with the first step being Local Office including your application in batch pulls from Sidney. In the meantime if you are unhappy with the timelines you can see what the MP can do (very little if its within the stated timelines) or go to the courts (again if its within the timelines your case will get bounced with costs to CIC). It appears the only way to guarantee 'fast' processing times is to be a non routine applicant in the GTA read Windsor, Mississauga, Kitchener....why these are fast has been discussed to no end!