+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in band 6.5 in writing.

H776

Nov 21, 2017
As the subject indicates, I have attempted IELTS 4 times, 3 of which I got 6.5 in writing.
1st attempt Aug: L8.5R7.5W6S7.5
2nd attempt September L8R7W6.5S7
3rd attempt October L8.5R7W6.5S7
4th attempt March - 2018: L8R7.5W6.5S7.5
To give a quick brief on me, I'm an Arabic native speaker. I've been studying in English since 6 years old. After my 3rd attempt, I've decided to prepare with IELTS examiner. Although it is a bit hard to find a real IELTS examiner here in Kuwait, I finally found someone who gave me only two classes, claiming that my level is already 7 and it would be unfair to continue these classes.
I respect the examiner a lot, though, I still would prepare with IELTS examiner even if it was through the Internet. Also, can you please recommend a book for band 7

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
As the subject indicates, I have attempted IELTS 4 times, 3 of which I got 6.5 in writing.
To give a quick brief on me, I'm an Arabic native speaker. I've been studying in English since 6 years old. After my 3rd attempt, I've decided to prepare with IELTS examiner. Although it is a bit hard to find a real IELTS examiner here in Kuwait, I finally found someone who gave me only two classes, claiming that my level is already 7 and it would be unfair to continue these classes.
I respect the examiner a lot, though, I still would prepare with IELTS examiner even if it was through the Internet. Also, can you please recommend a book for band 7
Hi! Take a look at ieltsadvantage.com. It should help

leksi

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello,
Please try ieltsliz.com or ieltsbuddy.com
All the best!

chiraggoradia

Jul 9, 2018
I'm exactly in the same situation... Almost same score, stuck at 6.5 in writing, writing tutor told me I'm already 7, gave 4 attempts... Not sure if I should try again... Are you giving again ?

segunpaul

Dec 28, 2018
Hello,
I kept on having 6.5 in writing until I discovered the the trick. It absolutely has nothing to with how much you are able to command the language. I got acquainted with this strategy and I have been scoring 7 in Writing. My bane however, is listening.

tawskt

Oct 28, 2018
Hello,
I kept on having 6.5 in writing until I discovered the the trick. It absolutely has nothing to with how much you are able to command the language. I got acquainted with this strategy and I have been scoring 7 in Writing. My bane however, is listening.
can you plz share the tips for writing. i am stuck with band 6 & 6.5

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,
Please share the tips?