+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stressed out and need help

Lakesideboss

Sep 25, 2018
I'm currently find myself in a tough situation,I was granted a permanet residency and was due to fly out thursday the 26th of september to complete my pr status,My plan was to to stay a week in canada complete my pr process then fly back to ireland as i can not move permantely till the summer of 2020,The plan was to give my canadian friend address so they can send out my pr card to her who would then send my pr card to me in ireland,she has now decided she wont provide this service,can anybody,please give me advice what to do now,I am stressing out big time,please help,I don't know what to do now...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm currently find myself in a tough situation,I was granted a permanet residency and was due to fly out thursday the 26th of september to complete my pr status,My plan was to to stay a week in canada complete my pr process then fly back to ireland as i can not move permantely till the summer of 2020,The plan was to give my canadian friend address so they can send out my pr card to her who would then send my pr card to me in ireland,she has now decided she wont provide this service,can anybody,please give me advice what to do now,I am stressing out big time,please help,I don't know what to do now...
Nothing to be stressed out about.

Simply tell the officer that you aren't moving to Canada yet and don't have an address to send your PR card. You can then request the card once you have moved to Canada in a year.

You'll need to apply for a PR Travel Document when you want to return next year (you'll need this to board the airplane and come to Canada). This is very easily done from outside of Canada.

Reactions: Bitema

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As Scylla has said this really is no big deal given not everyone has an address straight off the plane. Just go ahead and complete your landing, get your SIN sorted and anything else such as a bank account.

You can apply for your PR card when you come back next year although as per Scylla you will need to apply for a PRTD to board a plane to come back to Canada given any ETA you had will have been voided once you become a PR. Allow plenty of time to apply for a PRTD before you come back in 2020 as not sure if can be applied for in Ireland or has to be processed by London

No need to stress at all, good luck

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Reactions: Bitema

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks for the quick reply,can i still apply for my social security number while I'm there next week
Yes. Just take your passport and copy stamped CoPR to any Services Canada office, they should issue it there and then. They will ask for an address, any Canadian address will do, I used that of my Canadian financial adviser which they were fine about.

And is it a SIN - Social Insurance Number