+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategy for the 13th! :)

NiHrPe

Feb 16, 2016
How do you guys plan to play tomorrow?
Will this be pure luck? With just 5000 applications and probably tenfold profiles...

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NiHrPe said:
How do you guys plan to play tomorrow?
Will this be pure luck? With just 5000 applications and probably tenfold profiles...
First 5 - 10 seconds everything will be over.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
With the introduction of virtual waiting room , this process is going to take few hours if not days to complete.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/

"We have set up a virtual waiting room in order to allow you to keep your place in line during high traffic periods. If you wish to access Mon projet Québec, you will be automatically directed to this virtual waiting room. You will be able to find out your position in the line and the number of people waiting ahead of you."

NiHrPe

Feb 16, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
With the introduction of virtual waiting room , this process is going to take few hours if not days to complete.

immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/

"We have set up a virtual waiting room in order to allow you to keep your place in line during high traffic periods. If you wish to access Mon projet Québec, you will be automatically directed to this virtual waiting room. You will be able to find out your position in the line and the number of people waiting ahead of you."
Technically speaking, if the 5000 applicants all use the max given 10 minutes for submitting the application, those at the end of the line will have to wait 50.000 minutes (34 days) :)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If one is not the first 5000 in the virtual waiting room the chances of being able to submit the application is slim. So, I believe the first few seconds will let one know whether they make the cut or not.

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
the capacity of the number of concurrent users on the portal has increased. Tests conducted up to 600 users at a time. For the opening of the programme on 16 February, a maximum of 400 to 450 users will be allowed because the tool is stable with this level according to their tests...

The above excerpt points out something important.

Firstly, it is worth noting that the piece of information above dates back to February 2016, which means at that time the capacity was increased to accommodate more concurrent users. Assuming there has not been any further improvements, the portal can still handle at least 400-450 simultaneous users. So the the time it can take to submit applications by 400-450 applicants is max 10 minutes. Doing simple arithmetic, it equates to 5000/400 (note that I have taken the lowest number of possible concurrent users) ~ 12 ten-minute goes. In other words 120 minutes total.

Here it should also be noted that perhaps not everyone will take 10 minutes to submit their application, as everybody will be in hurry to ensure their likelihood of being among those 5000 lucky applicants.

Unless there are any unexpected circumstances, IMO the game will be over in around first two hours.

At the end, I hope that everything goes smoothly and best of luck everyone!!!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I am saying is your number in virtual waiting room will let you know whether you are in the first 5000 to submit the application. That determines everything. For example if your number is 8000 in virtual waiting room try your luck in next intake.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
jairichi said:
What I am saying is your number in virtual waiting room will let you know whether you are in the first 5000 to submit the application. That determines everything. For example if your number is 8000 in virtual waiting room try your luck in next intake.
Its not over until its over.
What happens when a person in waiting room loses internet connection ?
What if entire system goes down and all people in waiting room are kicked out?

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Hi,

Do we need to pay the fee also today itself?
Anyone would be considered for the first 5000 entries only after the fee payment, or we need to pay the fee within 30 days if we are in first 5000 entries ?

Thanks in advance

Actually for fee payment, I'm not sure whether I have required points or not since I don't have experience in my branch of engineering, but my branch comes in Points 12 category so not sure on this .

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
royale_ys said:
Hi,

Do we need to pay the fee also today itself?
Anyone would be considered for the first 5000 entries only after the fee payment, or we need to pay the fee within 30 days if we are in first 5000 entries ?

Thanks in advance

Actually for fee payment, I'm not sure whether I have required points or not since I don't have experience in my branch of engineering, but my branch comes in Points 12 category so not sure on this .
You can pay fee within next 30 days after submitting your application. However, you must remember that according to the ministry, your application will not be processed until you pay the fee. So, you have to determine yourself whether or not you qualify, note that the fee is non-refundable even if the application is rejected.

royale_ys

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
gemfsd said:
You can pay fee within next 30 days after submitting your application. However, you must remember that according to the ministry, your application will not be processed until you pay the fee. So, you have to determine yourself whether or not you qualify, note that the fee is non-refundable even if the application is rejected.
Thanks a lot. So if I submit my application in first 5000, I would be having an option to pay the fee within 30 days. right? And I would be counted in first 5000 applications till 30 days.
Then only after that my application would be rejected. Am I correct.

umutx

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strategy for us : Be online on 8:30
Strategy for MIDI : Use your 1.000.000$ system to select immigrants based on their skills efficiently. Not first come first serve like in the 90s.. Jeezz..

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royale_ys said:
Thanks a lot. So if I submit my application in first 5000, I would be having an option to pay the fee within 30 days. right? And I would be counted in first 5000 applications till 30 days.
Then only after that my application would be rejected. Am I correct.
That is correct.