+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

Tocanadanow

Jan 20, 2009
It is NOC 1111. I have a degree in accounting and I do auditing as a part of my job too, it is a occupation under pressure don't know what the were looking for but the PNP was denied with no appeal. I should consult an attorney but I don't know what he can do if it says "No Appeal". Anyway maybe the Federal process may be right for me. I don't want to waste anymore time or money on AINP program moreover I looking at Canada as a back up rather than permanent option. I thought it was a good opportunity with AINP but I guess it was not meant to be. I personally don't think i should have been denied as I am an accountant and Job description did match but then again they may have too many accountants too. Financial Industry has taken the biggest hit in this economy worldwide so really can't blame them. Well I am happy atleast I applied for it and if we don't try we wont get it, It was worth the shot. Good luck to everyone but recently I have read of more rejections here than approvals this week.

durka said:
Tocanadanow,

one thing i would like to know is that did you apply under noc 1111 or 2171?

thanks,

durka
Tocanadanow said:
I have been actively reading these forums on Alberta but never posted, I applied for Pre-Assessment got the package File # XXXX-XX-27X. Today I have received a letter of Denial from Alberta under NOC 1111 I am an accountant, There is no Appeal Process and Decision is Final so I guess I move on. Thanks everyone for their help & inputs I guess so many people are applying they are beginning to deny some application. Good Luck everyone.
Seems Like 2171 are getting more pieces of the cake as Alberta wants to be the new IT Hub, But they don't realize many of us are just using Alberta as a back up rather than really moving there.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Hi All,
My wife finally got her nomination letter yesterday in the mail.
Her file number is between 320 and 330. She applied under NOC 1111. Surprising she got the nomination, I believe it was God's Favor. She has been on H1b for just 1 year. Anyway, we are off to the next stage now. I wish everyone the best in this process.

durka

Oct 25, 2008
Tough luck buddy. anyway, still doesn't make sense why your application was denied. you may want to talk to a lawyer. talk to attorney david cohen. his no. is 5149379445. his assistants name is george kababejian, if david is not available you may want to talk to him. Maybe they can help you with the case. i don't think he would charge you any fee for an advice.
Tocanadanow said:
It is NOC 1111. I have a degree in accounting and I do auditing as a part of my job too, it is a occupation under pressure don't know what the were looking for but the PNP was denied with no appeal. I should consult an attorney but I don't know what he can do if it says "No Appeal". Anyway maybe the Federal process may be right for me. I don't want to waste anymore time or money on AINP program moreover I looking at Canada as a back up rather than permanent option. I thought it was a good opportunity with AINP but I guess it was not meant to be. I personally don't think i should have been denied as I am an accountant and Job description did match but then again they may have too many accountants too. Financial Industry has taken the biggest hit in this economy worldwide so really can't blame them. Well I am happy atleast I applied for it and if we don't try we wont get it, It was worth the shot. Good luck to everyone but recently I have read of more rejections here than approvals this week.

durka said:
Tocanadanow,

one thing i would like to know is that did you apply under noc 1111 or 2171?

thanks,

durka
Tocanadanow said:
I have been actively reading these forums on Alberta but never posted, I applied for Pre-Assessment got the package File # XXXX-XX-27X. Today I have received a letter of Denial from Alberta under NOC 1111 I am an accountant, There is no Appeal Process and Decision is Final so I guess I move on. Thanks everyone for their help & inputs I guess so many people are applying they are beginning to deny some application. Good Luck everyone.
Seems Like 2171 are getting more pieces of the cake as Alberta wants to be the new IT Hub, But they don't realize many of us are just using Alberta as a back up rather than really moving there.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I actually sent my H1b and H4 extensions because by the time I sent the documents I did not have my visa stamp..

satyac said:
hi

my wife's h4 visa is in extension process,(her h4 petition is in pending) and i got nomination accepted.Can i apply for immigration(CIC) in this sitution(by sending my h1 and her h4 petition reciept)

Thanks
Hi
You meant to say that u send DOcuments to Alberta Immigration when your H1 and H4 visas are in extension process and everything went fine with Alberta IMMigration.Can you correct me if I understood wrong
Thanks

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Hi All,

We applied under the new AINP scheme, without the pre-assesment. We sent it on Jan 15th. We have not yet received a mail saying that it has been received (do they send a mail?), tho my UPS shows that it was delivered on Jan 16th. We are still yet to receive a file number too. How long does it take to get an email from them to say that our application has been received?

TIA.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I apologize I misread your comments... you said petition receipt and I read approval receipt :(.
However when I applied to AINP program I had H1B expired and petition receipt, later on I faxed notice approva . See my case below:

May/08 I applied for pre-assessment
Jun/08 Company applied for H1B/H4 Extension
Jul/08 H1B/H4 visas were expired, however petition receipts allowed us to work/live in US until any decision was made.
Jul/08 I faxed H1b/H4 petitions receipts to Alberta
Jul31/08 My pre-assessment was approved
Aug/08 I applied to AINP in Aug/08 using H1b/H4 petition receipts
Oct/08 H1B/H4 visas approved (I797)
Oct/08 approval receipts faxed to Alberta
Nov/08 Nomination approved by Alberta
Jan/09 CIC application submitted using I797 approval receipt.

I hope it helps

satyac said:
ingegarcia said:
I actually sent my H1b and H4 extensions because by the time I sent the documents I did not have my visa stamp..

satyac said:
hi

my wife's h4 visa is in extension process,(her h4 petition is in pending) and i got nomination accepted.Can i apply for immigration(CIC) in this sitution(by sending my h1 and her h4 petition reciept)

Thanks
Hi
You meant to say that u send DOcuments to Alberta Immigration when your H1 and H4 visas are in extension process and everything went fine with Alberta IMMigration.Can you correct me if I understood wrong
Thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I apologize I misread your comments... you said petition receipt and I read approval receipt :(.
However when I applied to AINP program I had H1B expired and petition receipt, later on I faxed notice approva . See my case below:

Jul/08 H1B/H4 visas were expired, however petition receipts allowed us to work/live in US until any decision was made.

I hope it helps
inge,

I did not come across instruction in the CIC PNP application kit requesting for I797.
Did u submit it for just incase sake or was it instructed anywhere ?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
No, what happened is that I did not have a valid H1B visa stamped in my passport by the time I send the papers to CIC. So I decided to send my I-797 instead as a proof of valid immigration status in US.

ainpdude said:
ingegarcia said:

I hope it helps
inge,

I did not come across instruction in the CIC PNP application kit requesting for I797.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
ingegarcia said:

I hope it helps

satyac said:
ingegarcia said:

satyac said:
hi

Thanks
Hi
Thanks

Hi Thanks...It really helped me...

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ingegarcia said:
No, what happened is that I did not have a valid H1B visa stamped in my passport by the time I send the papers to CIC. So I decided to send my I-797 instead as a proof of valid immigration status in US.

inge,

thnx inge... hmm... i never thought of that... i too am in the same situation with an expired h1 on passport ... ill have to wait and see i guess...

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
I applied for Pre-assesment on Dec 3 2008, i didn't hear back from the immigration so i sent email and they replied on me that they sent me the invitation:
An invitation package was sent to your mailing address on January 14th, 2009. Once you receive the invitation package, please follow the instructions to apply for the AINP. If you don't receive your invitation package by next week, please let us know.

so what should i expect to have in the package?
what kind of forms and paper work do i need to prepare so i can send it back very quick.
please advise.
thank you

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
bibo said:
I applied for Pre-assesment on Dec 3 2008, i didn't hear back from the immigration so i sent email and they replied on me that they sent me the invitation:
An invitation package was sent to your mailing address on January 14th, 2009. Once you receive the invitation package, please follow the instructions to apply for the AINP. If you don't receive your invitation package by next week, please let us know.

what kind of forms and paper work do i need to prepare so i can send it back very quick.
please advise.
thank you
I also applied on Dec 3rd and got confirmation Dec 4th.
Got invitation letter and application packet today - Jan 22. The letter was dated Jan 14 and the packet was sent Jan 16th

I can see that they are inviting me to apply under Unix Systems Administrator occupation. They say this invitation does not guarantee Provincial Nomination. They also say it may take 60-90 days from the date they receive the full aplication packet to finalize nomination.

I still believe it is well worth a shot. It will probably take me a week or more to notarize all docs....but I think I will be able to send the packet before Feb 1st...Will see....

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
felix31 said:
bibo said:

please advise.
thank you
I also applied on Dec 3rd and got confirmation Dec 4th.
Got invitation letter and application packet today - Jan 22. The letter was dated Jan 14 and the packet was sent Jan 16th

I can see that they are inviting me to apply under Unix Systems Administrator occupation. They say this invitation does not guarantee Provincial Nomination. They also say it may take 60-90 days from the date they receive the full aplication packet to finalize nomination.

I still believe it is well worth a shot. It will probably take me a week or more to notarize all docs....but I think I will be able to send the packet before Feb 1st...Will see....
what kind of documents they need you to send?
Can you tell me please so that i can start preparing them?
thank you

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sorry for the two peoples here who got rejected and this is unfortunate in this pilot programme..

Congradulations for who got approved recently.

I got letter today and my application was approved and they send Nomination Certificate directly to Buffalo office....

Letter dated Jan 8th and reached to today (Jan 22nd).. and My NOC code is 2171 and filenumber is xxx.xxx.372

Thanks to everyone in these forumus who shared the info and support...