ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes it does not apply to people who are already nominated... just thought to share it in this forum.... :)

cchabert said:
Hey Inge but you are already nominated, so?

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
got the e-mail as well....

my application is pending as of 2/09/09 under the old system. So, just to be on the safe side, I need to maintain my H1B till they reach their decision, which may happen in June / July

alabao

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
01-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
04-May-2012
Med's Request
18-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
28-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 21 Sep 2012 , visa issued on 18th sept 2012
LANDED..........
will do around summer of 2013
according to alberta ainp people those who have applied before feb 19 need to prove that they were on h1b when they applied while for anybody after that they need it till application is approved by AINP. For CIC process you need not be on h1b as well if you applied before 19th feb. Same goes for those who applied after as long as they have got AINP approval while they were on H1b

rk

Nov 25, 2008
alabao said:
according to alberta ainp people those who have applied before feb 19 need to prove that they were on h1b when they applied while for anybody after that they need it till application is approved by AINP. For CIC process you need not be on h1b as well if you applied before 19th feb. Same goes for those who applied after as long as they have got AINP approval while they were on H1b
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-blog/

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi All,

Hopefully, I send my application tomarrow, I want to know
1) Do I need to send copy of my wife's degree and H4 ?
2) My 2 kids (both under 3 years) were born here in USA and I didn't apply for their passport yet, So can I send their birth certificate now ?
3) Do I need to send them my bank statement to show available funds ?

Please advice me I'll be thankful.

C

cchabert

Ambitious07 said:
Hi All,

Hopefully, I send my application tomarrow, I want to know
1) Do I need to send copy of my wife's degree and H4 ?
2) My 2 kids (both under 3 years) were born here in USA and I didn't apply for their passport yet, So can I send their birth certificate now ?
3) Do I need to send them my bank statement to show available funds ?

Please advice me I'll be thankful.
1,- Degree no H4 yes
2.- Apply for passports ASAP you'll need them, maybe you can send the Birth Certificates but they later asking you for the passports and this may delay your nomination, (this is my point of view)
3.- Funds? Nope when you get nominated you'll send the prof to CIC

Good Luck

A

Albertagoverner

alabao said:
Dear Albao:

What point will be considered as application to AINP? While you get the file number or when your packet was delivered at AINP office? Can you or anybody clarify this point?You said "People who applied before Feb 19 need to prove that they were on H1b at application time"Where did you get this information? Can you post the website or something

alabao

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
01-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
04-May-2012
Med's Request
18-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
28-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I called alberta office yesterday and discussed my situation and they said in any case my application is safe even if I leave usa tommorow ..its the day when they recieved my application that counts ... I don't have any written doc to prove this...so why don't you guys call and verify .. and please let everybody know what they say

A

Albertagoverner

alabao said:
I called alberta office yesterday and discussed my situation and they said in any case my application is safe even if I leave usa tommorow ..its the day when they recieved my application that counts ... I don't have any written doc to prove this...so why don't you guys call and verify .. and please let everybody know what they say

Dear Albao
That is great News! that the timeline counts on the day when they recieve your packet. Also it makes sense. Therefore We can say conclusively, THAT UNDER OLD PROCESS (AINP 003 FORM) IF YOUR STATUS WAS MAINTAINED ON THE DAY WHEN AINP GOT YOUR PACKET, YOU SHOULD BE FINE. I am saying it makes sense because the same kind of expression they use while they send the file number like here:

RE: RECEIPT OF ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE APPLICATION

Employee File Number: XXXX-XX-XXX1

Thank you for applying to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This is to confirm receipt of your AINP application on XXX, 2009. A decision on your application may be made in approximately 40 to 60 working days. Please note, however, that processing times vary depending on the volume of applications received.

During our assessment of your application you will only be contacted by a Program Officer if we require additional information. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application as this will increase our processing times. If you wish to add additional information to your application or change information already submitted you may mail or fax the information to:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi

Did you guys recieve this email because you are registered in the email bank of Alberta govt or got nominated.

Please advise as I would be interested in getting such email updates from Alberta govt.

Thanks

ingegarcia said:
I just got this in my Inbox, I thought you might be interested...

"....Due to the current economic climate, there has been a slight change in the criteria for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. The change is highlighted under the second point.

Below are the current criteria to be eligible under this stream.

A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta ;
A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application ;
A Candidate must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above; and,
The Candidate's current occupation must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category.

If you have any additional questions, send an email to immigration.info@gov.ab.ca . To better serve you , please indicate H1B Webinar in the subject line. "

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi Albao,

Can you please advise when did you send your package to Alberta and was it under the new or old process.

Thanks

Albertagoverner said:
alabao said:

Dear Albao
That is great News! that the timeline counts on the day when they recieve your packet. Also it makes sense. Therefore We can say conclusively, THAT UNDER OLD PROCESS (AINP 003 FORM) IF YOUR STATUS WAS MAINTAINED ON THE DAY WHEN AINP GOT YOUR PACKET, YOU SHOULD BE FINE. I am saying it makes sense because the same kind of expression they use while they send the file number like here:

RE: RECEIPT OF ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE APPLICATION

Employee File Number: XXXX-XX-XXX1

Thank you for applying to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This is to confirm receipt of your AINP application on XXX, 2009. A decision on your application may be made in approximately 40 to 60 working days. Please note, however, that processing times vary depending on the volume of applications received.

During our assessment of your application you will only be contacted by a Program Officer if we require additional information. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application as this will increase our processing times. If you wish to add additional information to your application or change information already submitted you may mail or fax the information to:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I received the email because I attended a webinar in Jan 15 regarding AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream...

Mods777 said:
Hi

Did you guys recieve this email because you are registered in the email bank of Alberta govt or got nominated.

Please advise as I would be interested in getting such email updates from Alberta govt.

Thanks

ingegarcia said:
I just got this in my Inbox, I thought you might be interested...

"....Due to the current economic climate, there has been a slight change in the criteria for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. The change is highlighted under the second point.

alabao

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
01-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
04-May-2012
Med's Request
18-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
28-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My application was with new process ..I sent it on 27th and it reached 28th ..used fedex(though costed me a bit but it seems that saved me , my H1b 6 years gets over begining july and hence have to leave by then ..no option left except AINP approval