+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange call from Visa Office after visa issued!

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
Eienkei said:
I have received a reply, telling me that the call was legitimate and they have issued my Visa as a part of internal error. They have told me that not all their internal procedures were completed and they cannot tell me when they reach a new decision...

It is really inconsiderate and I really cant believe this level of amateurism...
Any official intimation should be followed by an email if it was first conveyed through a phone call.
Otherwise it cant be considered as official since there is no written proof.
I would strongly suggest you to get in touch with an immigration lawyer or approved consultant.

i*am*here

Jan 16, 2015
helena21 said:
Unbelievable! For sure it is connected to Charlie Hebdo incidents, but as it is not politically nor humanly ethical to say that, they opted for the "internal error" story. Shame on them!

I hope it will just delay your landing and that you will get good news when all the checks end.

Good luck!!!
order GCMS Notes!
they waived your B/C previously,
now (dye to C/H incident) they want to screen you thoroughly!

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
About a quarter of world population are Muslims but we are always judged by the actions of a minority group. I remember the guy who went to cinema with Joker costume and started killing people but nobody convicted Christian or Atheist population after that!

Can't describe how bad I feel...
helena21 said:
Unbelievable! For sure it is connected to Charlie Hebdo incidents, but as it is not politically nor humanly ethical to say that, they opted for the "internal error" story. Shame on them!

I hope it will just delay your landing and that you will get good news when all the checks end.

Good luck!!!

maverick-14

Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We always debate with others that when can we actually relax that we are immigrating for sure! Some would say PER, some would say MR and the most cynical would argue that once the visa has been stamped on your passport. After reading this tread, i guess i wouldn't even agree with the most cynical ones! We can't relax until we actually enter the country and get our SIN!

maverick-14

Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eienkei said:
About a quarter of world population are Muslims but we are always judged by the actions of a minority group. I remember the guy who went to cinema with Joker costume and started killing people but nobody convicted Christian or Atheist population after that!

Can't describe how bad I feel...
I am also Muslim but the case you mentioned, they never justified their actions because of religion. Unfortunately for us, these bad eggs (terrorists) use our beautiful religion's name in doing such heinous crimes. May Allah show them the righteous path and we can make this world a better place.

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Hope to see your case sorted out soon and you land in Canada as soon as possible.

Do keep us updated on your proceedings.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though gross mistake & quite frustrating but it has nothing to do with Paris incident or terrorism. B/G+Security checks are mandatory for all and by internal error could mean (1) your file pop up prior to someone who has priority over you (2) or due to internal error your security check wasnt done (3) or some new information came up about you little late when your visa is issued or factors like that.

It has nothing to do with terrorism carried out by few fanatic Muslims, as Canada is having lot many fanatics of like that kind & security agencies keep control of them very effectively. CIC doesnt discriminate like that way as there might be many Muslims who got visa & now traveling to Canada as immigrants.

So dont worry, if your case is clean you will come out of this pain.

Eienkei said:
I have received a reply, telling me that the call was legitimate and they have issued my Visa as a part of internal error. They have told me that not all their internal procedures were completed and they cannot tell me when they reach a new decision...

It is really inconsiderate and I really cant believe this level of amateurism...

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Eienkei said:
Today I received a call from my visa office, asking me not to land in Canada until further notice. Does anybody else have the same experience? My visa was issued last month. I am so worried and confused... What do you think it is?
@ Eienkel.....first:that phone call is a suspect to me..why? because history of CIC and VO shows they don't make phone calls rather they send emails for correspondence because of record purposes except you were the one that called them.They use emails because its easy to trace of all correspondence with you.

Second:Lets assume they actually made the phone call,its easy for you to say you didn't get any advice or instructions asking you not to land because you don't have any mail to that effect,it will be their word against yours..so you see why CIC and VO wont use phone calls as medium to pass out sensitive instructions like this.

Third:if the phone call is actually from them(which i still doubt)...relax and allow them do their job....i don't see anything to fear except delay your landing time,if they want to revoke the visa they would have instructed you to mail you passport back.

Fourth:you might have shared your good news with prank playing friends who may wish to pull your legs and give you a bit of heart attack before you travel....lol

Finally,try to get hold of their phone number not the automated one as you said ,because they must have other numbers every organisation does and confirm the phone call originated from them.

Remain calm my friend.

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Its always said by the experienced member of this forum that always travel immediately after you receive visa. If you would have done that now you would have been much relaxed. But still don't worry as you are not the only one with whom such thing happened. I remember reading few others so relax and wait for your turn. this has nothing to do with your ethnicity or anything else. It was an error and would be sorted out soon. Best thing is to order caips notes and read thoroughly to know the reason.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
let us know what happens next.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
amir82 said:
Its always said by the experienced member of this forum that always travel immediately after you receive visa. If you would have done that now you would have been much relaxed. But still don't worry as you are not the only one with whom such thing happened. I remember reading few others so relax and wait for your turn. this has nothing to do with your ethnicity or anything else. It was an error and would be sorted out soon. Best thing is to order caips notes and read thoroughly to know the reason.
amir82
I'd be grateful if you could post the links/urls where others have faced this similar problem. This is really concerning for me :-\

Eienkei
I personally think there might have been some random audit at the VO. If they would have stopped applications en-masse, we would have heard of more cases than just you. Do you think you will take up a lawyer?

nicksar

Nov 6, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed on 26-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 22-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
5-May-2016
Med's Done....
First Round 11-May-2016 | 2nd Round - 10-Jan-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-Apr-2017
o_o said:
amir82
I'd be grateful if you could post the links/urls where others have faced this similar problem. This is really concerning for me :-\

Eienkei
I personally think there might have been some random audit at the VO. If they would have stopped applications en-masse, we would have heard of more cases than just you. Do you think you will take up a lawyer?
If you have visa in passports, then you have the right to go. If you are economically well, simply book the tickets and go there to activate the Visa. If not, send them the mail and check. Do not delay. Take a step and move forward.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
I will request GCMS notes tonight. I was told that it might take up to one month. Whatever it is, I am really confused!

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
I checked the ECAS today, they have changed the status to "In process" again, although I have all 4 lines including decision made!