+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stolen pr card

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
My husband was in Turkey visiting his nephew ( Chinese nationals). His nephews apartment was robbed and they stole his pr card.
Now I told him to report to visa office and apply for tempery pr card to come back. But now he has decided to change his flight and land in Buffalo ( he has 10 year US visa) . And wants me to pick him up and I guess talk it out with customs to get him back into Canada.
Will this work? Or should I plan to take a week off work and bring kids because it's going to be a huge nightmare and take more then a day to deal with? Is there maybe a better place to cross? Louis ton, niagara falls or fort Erie?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
His plan is perfectly fine. If he doesn't have a copy of his PR card, I suggest you scan and email him a copy of his COPR. He should also carry a copy of the police report regarding the stolen card.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chinapeach said:
Thanks.. feeling a little more hopeful.
There is nothing to worry about. He is a PR and has the right of entry into Canada. Carrying a copy of his PR card or COPR and the police report should ensure a quick and easy entry for him.