+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STILL NO DECISION

MB87

Jan 23, 2016
Has anyone applied for PR April 7th and beyond???I'm still seeing no decision made after them receiving my application April 7th 2015...I've done everything background,medical,...They started processing my Application May 20th 2015...Has anyone else heard from CIC, because other people have got their PR already and My wife and I has been sent our application well off before they have.She is sponsoring me as well.

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
Did you apply Inland or Outland? If you applied inland there is about an 18 month wait. They are currently processing applications from June 2014. If you applied Outland the processing time will depend on the specific visa office. Here is a timeline made by the community for inland applications: http://goo.gl/MQNhgm

The only way someone would be processed already is if they applied Outland or they applied through a different stream (like Express Entry).

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
MB87 said:
Has anyone applied for PR April 7th and beyond???I'm still seeing no decision made after them receiving my application April 7th 2015...I've done everything background,medical,...They started processing my Application May 20th 2015...Has anyone else heard from CIC, because other people have got their PR already and My wife and I has been sent our application well off before they have.She is sponsoring me as well.
We applied April 15th and we still haven't received DM. We've been in process since July. Everything was done upfront. Medical and all fees were paid. Still waiting

MB87

Jan 23, 2016
starry101 said:
Did you apply Inland or Outland? If you applied inland there is about an 18 month wait. They are currently processing applications from June 2014. If you applied Outland the processing time will depend on the specific visa office. Here is a timeline made by the community for inland applications: http://goo.gl/MQNhgm

The only way someone would be processed already is if they applied Outland or they applied through a different stream (like Express Entry).
We applied Outland

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
It depends on the Visa Office it was sent to.
Where did the application go for processing?
Look on the spreadsheets floating around for a better idea of processing times for your visa office.
I think this is the outland spreadsheet for 2015 applicants.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=658388151

MB87

Jan 23, 2016
Gemmie said:
Look on the spreadsheets floating around for a better idea of processing times for your visa office.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=658388151
Ottawa Office

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Gemmie said:

my husband is american- it is ottawa

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Hi thanks for your answers to my husband. First off, there are no red flags in my husband’s application. It is straight forward. I have ordered 2 GCMS notes in the past. The reason they are speculating that my husband has children according to the notes is because they assumed they are his kids based on the pictures on the proof of our relationship.All of them I have labeled indicating the relationship of the people in the pictures. I would never add them as my husband’s dependants. Why would I do that? They are not his kids and they have parents?! That does not make any sense. They are assuming because of pictures. That’s all that there is. A proof that I did not make any mistakes is the are asking for the Additional Family Information Form as they are saying that he has not added his “children” as his dependants. AND I’M LIKE WHY WOULD SOMEONE ADD THEIR NIECE AND NEPHEWS IF THEY ARE NOT THE LEGAL GUARDIANS OF THE CHILDREN?!!!Speculating based on the pictures that you see is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and a stupid mistake that we are now having to face because someone is not doing their job properly! That is the whole story why my husband’s application is being delayed.

I have done everything that they asked, I have done my part. I was involved in a car crash that I am suffering and this application is not helping at all. M y husband is not here with me, I am in so much debt and my health is deteriorating. So that’s the story of me and my husband’s lives.

And just so everyone knows, he is American, with no red flags an American processing takes around 6-10 months. His application has been In process since August 2015. Now it is sitting on a pile. The las time I have ordered notes is December. It has not changed since October 2015 which was when they decided that my husband is the father of his niece and nephews?!!!HOW DISGRACEFUL.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
I've been reading through lots of old stuff, and I noticed that so far whenever CIC made a huge mistake, they have fixed it. It DOES take longer, and yes that DOES really suck. But, I think they'll resolve this and you won't be denied PR based off their mistake.

This is really stressful. Believe me, I'm right there with you. I'm delayed, I'm in the dark, and I have no idea when I expect an update. Try your absolute best to not let future-thinking get the best of you. We don't know what will happen, and not knowing is the worst, but not knowing doesn't mean that something bad is going to happen.

We also have to stop comparing ourselves to other people. When I first put my application in, I thought, okay about 10 months I might have an answer. Maybe a year. That's okay I'm ready. Then, I started comparing myself to other US Outlands. I was like, what the -- why are 'all' the other US outlands getting approved in like 4 months? See, I made two big mistakes with that thinking. First, it's not all of them. There's a ton of people not even on this site with information I don't have. There's also a lot of people on this site, you included, who also are waiting longer. And second, I started thinking 12 months was no longer "good enough" even though when I started out I thought 10-12 months would be okay and that I'd be fine to wait this long. Going around worrying about what is fair and not fair wasn't helping me. It just made me miserable and actually changed my initial thoughts on the matter completely.

So, I'm taking my own advice too here Charissey, and I'm NO "better" than you. I'm working on these same exact problems. But we can both do this. We have to stop comparing our situation to other peoples, because they're not us. We have to stop living in the future, or in the past, and we have to be as content as we CAN be right in this moment, right now. It's hard, it's really hard. It's like something monks spend a lifetime working on. But we have to try, because in both our situations that is literally the only thing we can possibly do. It's out of our hands. We can order the notes (I did, I hope you did.) We can reply to any questions they ask, give any documents they need... but it's out of our control and we have to accept this. So live right now. All we have is right now. None of us know what the future brings, not even the people who got their PR in 4 months.

I know with your medical condition, living in the present moment must suck. But, you didn't know this, but I have had a medical condition for the 8 years. Nothing that CIC needs to worry about because the only thing I can do for it is take some pills daily. But I want you to know this because you have to believe me when I say it's possible to be content in a present moment that you'd think kind of sucks. Once you accept your current situation (I am sick. I do not know when I'll immigrate. I do not know if they'll accept me. I have X, Y, Z.) then you are already in a better frame of mine to live in the moment. I am sick. This means I don't go out a lot. Maybe some people would be sad about this, but I accept I'm sick and I accept I can't do everything everyone else can. I make my happiness in the ways I can make my happiness. I read books, I get lost in worlds, play music, enjoy games, spend a lot of time with my husband. These are the things I can do, and I don't bother to think about the stuff I can't do because there's no point in that - it's just ruminating on sad things.

So what can you do to accept that this is currently out of your hands (until they communicate with you or until you get your notes and can communicate with them)? What can you do to find happiness that is within your reach while you wait and yes, even while you are sick? Don't think about all the things you can't do. Think about what you CAN do. That's the only way you'll be okay.

*internet hugs if that's okay*

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
JamesinCanada said:
I've been reading through lots of old stuff, and I noticed that so far whenever CIC made a huge mistake, they have fixed it. It DOES take longer, and yes that DOES really suck. But, I think they'll resolve this and you won't be denied PR based off their mistake.

This is really stressful. Believe me, I'm right there with you. I'm delayed, I'm in the dark, and I have no idea when I expect an update. Try your absolute best to not let future-thinking get the best of you. We don't know what will happen, and not knowing is the worst, but not knowing doesn't mean that something bad is going to happen.

We also have to stop comparing ourselves to other people. When I first put my application in, I thought, okay about 10 months I might have an answer. Maybe a year. That's okay I'm ready. Then, I started comparing myself to other US Outlands. I was like, what the -- why are 'all' the other US outlands getting approved in like 4 months? See, I made two big mistakes with that thinking. First, it's not all of them. There's a ton of people not even on this site with information I don't have. There's also a lot of people on this site, you included, who also are waiting longer. And second, I started thinking 12 months was no longer "good enough" even though when I started out I thought 10-12 months would be okay and that I'd be fine to wait this long. Going around worrying about what is fair and not fair wasn't helping me. It just made me miserable and actually changed my initial thoughts on the matter completely.

So, I'm taking my own advice too here Charissey, and I'm NO "better" than you. I'm working on these same exact problems. But we can both do this. We have to stop comparing our situation to other peoples, because they're not us. We have to stop living in the future, or in the past, and we have to be as content as we CAN be right in this moment, right now. It's hard, it's really hard. It's like something monks spend a lifetime working on. But we have to try, because in both our situations that is literally the only thing we can possibly do. It's out of our hands. We can order the notes (I did, I hope you did.) We can reply to any questions they ask, give any documents they need... but it's out of our control and we have to accept this. So live right now. All we have is right now. None of us know what the future brings, not even the people who got their PR in 4 months.

I know with your medical condition, living in the present moment must suck. But, you didn't know this, but I have had a medical condition for the 8 years. Nothing that CIC needs to worry about because the only thing I can do for it is take some pills daily. But I want you to know this because you have to believe me when I say it's possible to be content in a present moment that you'd think kind of sucks. Once you accept your current situation (I am sick. I do not know when I'll immigrate. I do not know if they'll accept me. I have X, Y, Z.) then you are already in a better frame of mine to live in the moment. I am sick. This means I don't go out a lot. Maybe some people would be sad about this, but I accept I'm sick and I accept I can't do everything everyone else can. I make my happiness in the ways I can make my happiness. I read books, I get lost in worlds, play music, enjoy games, spend a lot of time with my husband. These are the things I can do, and I don't bother to think about the stuff I can't do because there's no point in that - it's just ruminating on sad things.

So what can you do to accept that this is currently out of your hands (until they communicate with you or until you get your notes and can communicate with them)? What can you do to find happiness that is within your reach while you wait and yes, even while you are sick? Don't think about all the things you can't do. Think about what you CAN do. That's the only way you'll be okay.

*internet hugs if that's okay*

Thank you so much!!!!Think about everything you said too okay? An at least you have your husband, mine is far away and he can’t even come to visit because of some other stuff I won’t even bother disclosing...I just hope 1 glimmer of change just to believe that it will all change... :’( Thanks for the internet hugs...:)

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning fellow forumers,
please can anyone help me out of worries....
we submitted our sponsorship application on
23rd November 2015 and got AOR on
20/01/2016 till date no update and it makes
me so worry since then though am the
principal applicant i had called many times nd
also my spouse the sponsor as well . They can
only say we should hold on or wait till they
complete there background check nd
elegibility of my wife... this making me so
worry now
though my wife nd myself are divorcee nd all
well documented but she had sponsored her ex
back then 1995 nd before the application
finalised she called cic thats she withdrew her
sponsorship but it seem too late bcos she
realised her ex was going to use her for
status. please fellow forumers what do you
think this might result to?
thank you

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
samola10 said:
worry now
thank you
I gotta be honest I don't know the usual timeline for your specific VO. Are you saying you have not gotten sponsor approval yet? If you sent it out in Nov. 2015 I think I would expect sponsorship approval. From that time period we would not really expect anything else at all until maybe early April, if you have a super fast VO.

Did your wife sponsor the other person, even if they broke up? Did this bring about a lawsuit or a problem with CIC? I think 95 is a long enough time ago to sponsor again, but I could see if there was a big problem or disagreement that it could cause an issue.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
thank you JamesinCanada,
no issues they went to court and divorce was granted and yes no SA yet which is why I was so worried to know what they are seeing.

The file has not left cic missassauga yet nd reasons best known to lead officer at cic missassauga office

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
samola10 said:
thank you JamesinCanada,
no issues they went to court and divorce was granted and yes no SA yet which is why I was so worried to know what they are seeing.

The file has not left cic missassauga yet nd reasons best known to lead officer at cic missassauga office
Okay let's see, looking at your timeline, it looks like you applied in late November. I don't see too big a problem yet. Don't worry too badly yet... give it another couple weeks. Also please keep in mind that the offices seemed pretty dead during the Christmas holiday, and I think a lot of workers took vacation days or had the time off. So because your waiting period went through the holidays I think it's possible you could have gotten a delay there.

If there were no legal issues and immigration did not get involved, and also it's been so long - it's not like she's running a business or anything, it's been twenty one years... maybe they did not get your package as fast because you had to send it overseas?

Wish I could be more help, my situation is very different. If anyone else knows more about overseas stuff, previous divorces after SA and all that please respond if you can help.

jag21

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOM/PCC 28-03-2016 Transcript 06-09-2016
AOR Received.
4-12-2015 Aor2 18-01-2016
File Transfer...
18-01-2016 ιp вgc 02-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-08-2015 Remed 22-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
samola10 said:
worry now
thank you
I sponsored my ex wife 8 years ago and now sponsoring my current wife. My application was sent on Oct2015 and I just got my SA Jan2016 it took 94 days before I got the SA. The officer told me that the cause of delay is they need to make sure that my ex didn't collect any welfare during the time of my undertaking.