+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still no COPR after PPR - more than 1 month wait

UNIQUE STAR

Aug 21, 2015
Hi guys,
can someone share their experiences and/or shed some light on the length of time it takes from PPR to COPR? I received my PPR on June 28, Sydney (AU) VO received all my documents on July 5, and it's now been a month since the date of my PPR email, and still nothing.
Has anyone been waiting this long as well? Is there a maximum processing time on their part or they can take as long as they like to issue COPR? How long should I wait to contact them and ask them about my status?
This wait is killing my nerves lol.
Look forward to your comments, and it would be nice to see if there's anyone in my same situation, so as to calm down a bit, and not seeing this as unusual and worrying.
Thank you! :)

Hello

Please i will like to know who else is in my shoes.

I am also waiting for visa, passport was submitted in Sept and sent a mail this week but i got a response that my file is in queue for review that they will get back early in 2019.

Why do you think it will take this long again.

Kindly let me know when am so worried.

Thank you

Last edited:

Joshua_Max

Apr 4, 2019
Received my COPR today, so relieved. They left a letter out of my boyfriend's place of birth, but i'm sure it won't be a problem at the border. I'm certainly not reporting it at this point, as they will take AGES to fix it lol.
Thank you for making this thread and congrats! Yours took about 2 months but I hope mine would be as well. They received our passport last March 8 and I am still waiting our copr. Hopefully we get it before April ends

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Hi Harman, congrats!

Sydney emailed me today in the morning that my visa was ready for collection at reception, and that I would need to arrange the Fedex pickup.
Seemed easy, but wait, I couldn't really do it from the UK...tried with online chat, on the phone, email, everything, I spoke with Mailboxes and asked to do it for me, as they're the account owners but no success on their part either. Then I called Fedex Australia, and I went through the same crap. In the end they told me to try again in the morning and have account number ready, which I could sneakily obtain from a very kind online representative, after about 10 calls. I'll try contacting them in a couple of hours, when the customer service opens and see if I can do anything. I'm really really worried and pissed off at Sydney, for not arranging this for me. Fedex told me that since Sydney is the shipper of the return envelope they would only have to give them a quick call and say "come and get my package", all they need is the tracking number on the package, which they've already got.
I'm very annoyed because Ottawa and other VOs arrange pickups for applicants, and it seems Sydney doesn't care at all. Come on, I already went through the hassle of sending a package from UK, prepaid everything (spent like 50 pounds for sending it off, and will spend another 50 when it comes back) and followed the instructions carefully. I really don't understand. I hope that in your case everything goes smoothly, but if you chose a courier like you said, chances are they're not gonna arrange a pickup for you, they're gonna sit there with your package on the table and not move a finger.
If I can't sort it later on the phone, I'll call up the Consulate, and try and convince them to spend two minutes on the phone with Fedex. I'm gonna be charged for the pickup as well, so I don't really understand what their problem is!
Sorry for the ranting, I'm just so frustrated, when I thought the worst had passed...:-(

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Maryfra, I never saw someone like you complaining and whinning about everything. There are people who is waiting for 23 months just to get a PPR. And you!!!!? My god......

jerry yang

May 30, 2019
I have send my passport on April 24, the passport was delivered on April 26, and now I'm still waiting for approve. I called them at this morning, the agent told me it could be done in any moment, and that was it, nothing else, they can't say what the max time is. and I have to go back to china on June 7, my grandfather is going to have a big surgery, hope I can get on time.

Reactions: Joshua_Max

jerry yang

May 30, 2019
Thank you for making this thread and congrats! Yours took about 2 months but I hope mine would be as well. They received our passport last March 8 and I am still waiting our copr. Hopefully we get it before April ends
have you got your passport back yet?

jerry yang

May 30, 2019
Hi Jerry, we haven't received our visa yet but here is an update on mine.
May 3 - follow up photo picture sent for ppr
May 21 - redo medical because it has expired.
COPR - still waiting..
now it have been 5 weeks, I'm still waiting for approve, I have got some feedback from email, but nothing helpful. hope you can get our copr soon.

jerry yang

May 30, 2019
I have send my passport on April 24, the passport was delivered on April 26, and now I'm still waiting for approve. I called them at this morning, the agent told me it could be done in any moment, and that was it, nothing else, they can't say what the max time is. and I have to go back to china on June 7, my grandfather is going to have a big surgery, hope I can get on time.
just update my status, 5 weeks, still waiting for approve.

franzum

May 8, 2019
In my case we delivered the passports on May 27th to the processing center, the application was updated as approved on June 10th and it has been 2 weeks since then and we don't have our passports back. We went to the processing center today to ask in person about them and they say the passports are still at the Mexico visa office. Don't know what is happening and we are very stressed about this since we already bought our tickets for Canadá and will be traveling in 2 weeks.

Joshua_Max

Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys, I owe this to you all. Goodluck and best wishes!
May 15, 2018 - Medical
Feb 27, 2019 - PPR
March 6, 2019 - Passport sent
April 2, 2019 - COPR received (for my Mom, main applicant and already in Canada)
May 3, 2019 - follow up photo picture sent for ppr
May 21, 2019 - redo medical because it has expired.
July 26, 2019 - COPR and visa (for us, the dependents here at Manila)