+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

still in process 5 months after citizenship test

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister is still in process until today though she took her test on June 20th in Montreal. She passed with 20/20 and her interview was very smooth, she barely spent 5 minutes withe the officer. The officer told her that she has to wait 3 to 4 months for the oath invitation which is normal, but to stay in process until today this is what is getting her worried.

what could be the reason behind this delay? if any one has a similar situation please share your experience and time line.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
My sister is still in process until today though she took her test on June 20th in Montreal. She passed with 20/20 and her interview was very smooth, she barely spent 5 minutes withe the officer. The officer told her that she has to wait 3 to 4 months for the oath invitation which is normal, but to stay in process until today this is what is getting her worried.

what could be the reason behind this delay? if any one has a similar situation please share your experience and time line.
1. Did you call the call center? for my PR process,I found one person out of 40 calls I made that realized what is going on and helped me immediately,so keep calling until one person that loves his job will answer you.
2. I read somewhere that people are getting an RQ after the test sometimes as part of quality assurance.

Just call and call and call.If you have the fax number for that office(yes they use fax machines),fax them and ask and include all the details.

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
i am in the same situation . its been 3 months and half and still in process. and am also from montreal. are you from middle east ? cuz i am. and that might be the reason. i dont know , am just assuming. or trying to find a decent reason for the delay

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Ecas Status is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3,
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called called Discover Canada Discover Canada on December 7, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on January 5, 2017.
4. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please appointment, please contact us contact us.

Citizenship test was passed in May and interview was also conducted on the same day but since then nothing happened. Called them several times but was told to wait till November 2017 until the processing time of 12 months is overdue.

Now 12 month processing time is overdue and nothing happened, would anyone please advise what action should be taken to expedite the remaining process of citizenship application?

Many thanks in advance.